There's a man in mah bathroom!!! - Trans bathroom thread

Crazy Lee

Just now, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Just because you were raised with an unfortunately bad section of Christianity does not mean that every single Christian is like that. You should try talking to different types of Christians before spouting your hatred people who worship le sky fairy

I didn't say every single Christian was like that.

I said that the US conservative population tends to hold the Christian religion above rights.

Must I mention that time long ago in the Discord chat where you said that all criminals were Christian with such a haughty tone?

I never said that, either. I do however remember you completely misconstruing the things I said and trying to make me look like an asshole, which you seem to be doing again now, so please stop.

Why are we bringing chat drama into this thread, from forever ago?
Don't do that. That's dumb and childish.

I've also seen my fair share of "my beliefs over other people's rights."
But I've also been friends with a number of "good" Christians, all the same.

• Like 7

Just now, Lucyfish said:

I never said that, either. I do however remember you completely misconstruing the things I said and trying to make me look like an asshole, which you seem to be doing again now, so please stop.

Whatever you say. it's blatantly obvious that you have a predetermined bias against Christians. I'm just saying that maybe you should spend some time with some to maybe learn about what the different types are like before settling on the idea that they're all bad.

Whatever you say. it's blatantly obvious that you have a predetermined bias against Christians. I'm just saying that maybe you should spend some time with some to maybe learn about what the different types are like before settling on the idea that they're all bad.

You're the only one who seems to think I think Christians are all bad. I have many Christian friends, I enjoy talking about faith and possibilities with them. I am a very spiritually open person, I love hearing about and discussing faiths of all kind.

That doesn't change the fact that the majority of conservatives in the United States hold Christianity above the law and rights of other people. It's not a bias, it's an observation based on a lot of evidence. I've not only seen it, I've been a part of it.

That's not the fault of Christianity, which at its core is supposed to be a loving and accepting religion. It's the fault of those conservatives and the way they were religiously raised. Yes, of course you can be Christian and be a good person, being Christian is supposed to be ALL ABOUT being a good person. However that is not the case with a large amount of conservative people here in the United States, they are raised to be a different kind of Christian.

Regarding the people who tend to fall for Trump, this is interesting and relevant:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/03/09/trumps-voters-arent-authoritarians-new-research-says-so-what-are-they/

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/donald-trump-2016-authoritarian-213533

Regarding "privilege" and related topics, a person can certainly lack power or privilege in one area, and possess it another. The forms of privilege or social power that one does or doesn't possess will naturally colour one's outlook.

So, people can be socioeconomically underprivileged, but privileged when it comes to race, religion, politics, or other factors.

The stereotypical Trump-supporting redneck tends to feel ignored and disrespected by the likes of "Washington" and "Wall Street"--and to a lesser, harder-to-articulate degree, "Madison Avenue," too--but they're generally surrounded by people who share their cultural beliefs, values, and background. They tend to value self-reliance and have a high internal locus of control, so they'll often feel anxious, angry, and/or ashamed when they can't get ahead in life, and/or they'll focus their energy on religion, family, or community involvement in order to regain that sense of mastery and control.

Trump appeals to these folks because he says the stuff they wish they could say, pisses off "The Establishment" that has ignored and dissed them for so long, comes across as "no-frills" and unpretentious, and is promising to fight off the bad guys and banish the woes that are responsible for all their hard work and good morals not paying off.

Trans people represent a threat to the familiar, comforting natural order. Not only does their existence throw gender roles and gender identities into question, but their inclusion at the table (so to speak) means that the ultra-privileged won't get to automatically call the shots and command the spotlight, and the poor rednecks will lose one of their precious few bargaining chips and sources of personal pride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troj said:

Trans people represent a threat to the familiar, comforting natural order. Not only does their existence throw gender roles and gender identities into question, but their inclusion at the table (so to speak) means that the ultra-privileged won't get to automatically call the shots and command the spotlight, and the poor rednecks will lose one of their precious few bargaining chips and sources of personal pride.

not sure i get what you're saying here.

>poor rednecks don't like "the man"

>transgender rights takes power away from "the man"
>poor rednecks hate transgenders?

and what does the bathroom bill even have to do with trump? 

i'm sure i'm missing something here, but all this sorta gave me the vibe of "rednecks want something to complain about and if transgenders get their way, that's one less reason to gripe" and that makes no sense to me.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

It seems they backtracked on this heavily. Which is a shame, I for one think it would be AMAZING to give teenagers pepper spray so long as we install cameras in the schools and turn it into a reality show.

"Today during lunch hour, Kevin decides to spice is burrito with his pepper spray.  Let's see what happens.  ...OH and the whole table is screaming and holding their eyes.  Watch that splash back, Kevin!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

It is basically already given that you have loads of students with mace cans and mace guns in this area. It is hard to find most of those during searches.

I could probably walk into any high schools around here and get you enough for a few years worth of fun.

4 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Why can't we just be like India and have everyone shit on the sidewalk?

No bathrooms, no problem.

To be clear, we're talking the thing by the road, not the person?

It being the internet, I gotta be sure.

Also, there aren't sidewalks everywhere.

20 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

It is basically already given that you have loads of students with mace cans and mace guns in this area. It is hard to find most of those during searches.

Please tell me that is a gun that shoots medieval maces?

Yes yes, Bernie supporters are nuts, there are good xtians, bad xtians, and in between xtians. Keep on topic guys. :(

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Speaking of that, there's a viral video of a chinese trans woman being attacked by a rather ghetto looking black woman on the NYC subway. The attacker called her a faggot and asked if she wanted her dick sucked, or something to that effect. Like NYC and the mind-your-own-business-kitty-genovese attitude, no one actually bothered to help her. This made my blood boil. Wish I could kick the shit out of the attacker.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/trans-woman-records-subway-attack-receives-support-hillary-clinton-n569571

And they finally talked to the attacker and she's playing the victim card. "I'm getting death threats, I need therapy." Yea, fuck you bitch. I hope you get stabbed. I hope someone in NYC stabs your ass, you beat up a trans woman for being trans, and then whine about being a victim? Get shot.

http://pix11.com/2016/05/09/exclusive-woman-seen-assaulting-transgender-woman-on-bronx-subway-in-viral-video-speaks-out/

I don't even fucking understand this. Why is she not in jail. There's video of her assaulting someone. She should have charges against her for assault. Are the NYC too busy shooting black people and not doing their god damn fucking jobs to actually arrest that bitch? But it's a trans woman who was beat up so who cares, right?

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

I don't have a problem with students being allowed to carry pepper spray for the purposes of self defence. 

I think everyone should have the right to defend themselves if they are attacked. 

I am all up for it, especially with situations like this happening in school bathrooms. However, what NC's school board is promoting is more excuses to have fights and target people with the excuse of being transgender.

I dont know where to put this so I'll drop it in an active gender thread

http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-drops-truth-bomb-about-transgenders-liberals-furious

Look what my dad linked me on facebook...I expected an actual truth bomb but it was as dull and ignorant as expected.

I'd like to tell my dad I agree with it...if only because it touts gender as a choice, "as if it were a halloween costume to be worn". Yeah, no

"Children as young as 4 are being encouraged to choose their gender"

...Maybe their just  being encouraged to do what makes them happy instead of whats appropriate and if Sammy wants to dress dolls and pick flowers he fucking will

"Transgender men and women are just masculinized women and feminized men"

...do I have to say why this is dumb?

26 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-drops-truth-bomb-about-transgenders-liberals-furious

Look what my dad linked me on facebook...I expected an actual truth bomb but it was as dull and ignorant as expected.

I'd like to tell my dad I agree with it...if only because it touts gender as a choice, "as if it were a halloween costume to be worn". Yeah, no

...Maybe their just  being encouraged to do what makes them happy instead of whats appropriate and if Sammy wants to dress dolls and pick flowers he fucking will

Well that was an unpleasant read. I expected it to be fairly balanced but no looks like another clickbait article to stir people up.

One day there'll be a legitimate article that'll be balanced.

Also is it just me or is it really obvious that they're twisting things. More obvious than usual.

57 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I'm so sorry.

Like I'm being sincere for once, that legitimately sucks balls.

29 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Well that was an unpleasant read. I expected it to be fairly balanced but no looks like another clickbait article to stir people up.

One day there'll be a legitimate article that'll be balanced.

Also is it just me or is it really obvious that they're twisting things. More obvious than usual.

"Johns Hopkins psychiatrist drops TRUTH BOMB about transgenders – liberals furious"

With a headline like that how could it possibly be biased?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gator said:

not sure i get what you're saying here.

>poor rednecks don't like "the man"

>transgender rights takes power away from "the man"
>poor rednecks hate transgenders?

and what does the bathroom bill even have to do with trump? 

i'm sure i'm missing something here, but all this sorta gave me the vibe of "rednecks want something to complain about and if transgenders get their way, that's one less reason to gripe" and that makes no sense to me.

I was trying to awkwardly connect the previous thread derail back up  with the topic at hand. I was also trying to address a question that got raised about why somebody who lacks socioeconomic privilege may often still lack empathy for other types of marginalized people.

Basically, when your position in the social hierarchy is shaky or tenuous, it feels comforting to be able to look down and see some folks below you. If you don't have the power or ability to battle the real sources of your suffering in life, it can also feel comforting to go after something or somebody.

So, in this case, the script goes something like, "I may be ______, but at least I'm not a _______."

Rednecks--but actually, not just rednecks, oh no--are also understandably suspicious of pointy-headed intellectuals and their ilk, and so they react negatively to highfalutin Gender 101 rhetoric and all of the new jargon around sexuality and gender. They're threatened by it because they don't understand it, and because they suspect it's all a sneaky attempt on the part of pointy-headed intellectuals and policy makers to steal even more social ground and power from them through smoke and mirrors.

As I observe it, trans people are simultaneously the "At Least I'm Not a _____" people who bolster one's ego by being lower on the totem pole, and a symbol of how those pointy-headed intellectual liberals and corrupt movers-and-shakers are using fancy rhetoric and sleight of hand to pull the rug out from under "normal people."

Of course, I realize I'm painting rednecks with a huge, broad, stereotypical, general brush here, for the sake of the discussion--especially since a lot of transphobes actually aren't rednecks. Rednecks are always a favorite scapegoat of people, though.

3 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

A closer look into the psychologist makes me think he's a pretty far-cry from being objective.

"Paul McHugh is a practicing Catholic.According to a 2002 New York Times article, he is a Democrat "who describes himself as religiously orthodox, politically liberal and culturally conservative -- a believer in marriage and the Marines, a supporter of institutions and family values."

"In 2001, McHugh was appointed by President George W. Bush to the Presidential Council on Bioethics.The Council was charged with the task of making recommendations as to what the U.S. federal government's policy regarding embryonic stem cells should be. McHugh was against using new lines of embryonic stem cells derived from in vitro fertilization but was in favor of the use of stem cells derived from somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). In SCNT, the nucleus of a cell is removed and replaced by another cell nucleus. McHugh felt that cells created in this fashion could be regarded as tissue; whereas, stem cells taken from embryos caused the killing of an unborn child."

Edited by Clove Darkwave
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Troj said:

I was trying to awkwardly connect the previous thread derail back up  with the topic at hand. I was also trying to address a question that got raised about why somebody who lacks socioeconomic privilege may often still lack empathy for other types of marginalized people.

Basically, when your position in the social hierarchy is shaky or tenuous, it feels comforting to be able to look down and see some folks below you. If you don't have the power or ability to battle the real sources of your suffering in life, it can also feel comforting to go after something or somebody.

So, in this case, the script goes something like, "I may be ______, but at least I'm not a _______."

Rednecks--but actually, not just rednecks, oh no--are also understandably suspicious of pointy-headed intellectuals and their ilk, and so they react negatively to highfalutin Gender 101 rhetoric and all of the new jargon around sexuality and gender. They're threatened by it because they don't understand it, and because they suspect it's all a sneaky attempt on the part of pointy-headed intellectuals and policy makers to steal even more social ground and power from them through smoke and mirrors.

As I observe it, trans people are simultaneously the "At Least I'm Not a _____" people who bolster one's ego by being lower on the totem pole, and a symbol of how those pointy-headed intellectual liberals and corrupt movers-and-shakers are using fancy rhetoric and sleight of hand to pull the rug out from under "normal people."

Of course, I realize I'm painting rednecks with a huge, broad, stereotypical, general brush here, for the sake of the discussion--especially since a lot of transphobes actually aren't rednecks. Rednecks are always a favorite scapegoat of people, though.

I'm not sure I agree with this idea of a totem poll. I think that disadvantaged people often lack empathy for other marginalised people or minor groups because disadvantaged people can be just as prejudiced as anybody else rather than because they don't want to be at the bottom of some societal hierarchy. The animosity that often exists between groups of Muslims and Jews is an example. Religious groups with an agenda to be nasty to those they perceive as sinners will probably continue to be nasty whether they have very comfortable positions in society or not.

I am inclined to agree with you that some poor conservatives think that intellectuals are preoccupied with coddling minorities, who many of them would regard with contempt as sinners, while ignoring the very considerable problems that affect lots of people.

I think that trying to temper contempt between different groups of people, and improved intellectual outreach, would help...but you know, not always easy to achieve.

Oh, sure, anybody can be prejudiced, prejudice can emerge for lots of reasons, and people can hate absolutely people who are technically on the same "level" as them socially. 

But, I absolutely do think fears related to survival, access to resources, and/or social status play heavily into people's prejudices, and their various rationalizations for them--and really, at the most basic level, all of these fears relate to survival and reproductive success in some form or another.

When it comes to trans folks, part of the fear is that trans people are going to re-arrange the rules of society so that their ilk will be in charge and in-the-know, and part of the fear is that trans people are actually dangerous moral and sexual deviants.

I'd also suggest that some people are inwardly pissed about not being able to kick around gay people anymore, so they've switched to using trans people as chew toys. So, the dog that has been forbidden from chewing on the couch is now resentfully peeing on the carpet.

• Like 1

I suspect Jesus would be more preoccupied with massive famine, poverty, pestilence and war across Africa and Southern Asia, rather than toilets.

...actually I suspect he'd be *amazed* by toilets...what did they even do back then...crap in a hole?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I suspect Jesus would be more preoccupied with massive famine, poverty, pestilence and war across Africa and Southern Asia, rather than toilets.

...actually I suspect he'd be *amazed* by toilets...what did they even do back then...crap in a hole?

I fear toilets would be condemned as unholy magic. 

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

We've had plumbing since like 2,000 BC. Then the fall of the Roman empire happened. Then sanitation and water standards regressed for a millennia.

This is a good point. I suppose if Jesus ever did use a toilet it would have been a roman style one and hence communal?

18 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Yes yes, Bernie supporters are nuts, there are good xtians, bad xtians, and in between xtians. Keep on topic guys. :(

Speaking of that, there's a viral video of a chinese trans woman being attacked by a rather ghetto looking black woman on the NYC subway. The attacker called her a faggot and asked if she wanted her dick sucked, or something to that effect. Like NYC and the mind-your-own-business-kitty-genovese attitude, no one actually bothered to help her. This made my blood boil. Wish I could kick the shit out of the attacker.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/trans-woman-records-subway-attack-receives-support-hillary-clinton-n569571

And they finally talked to the attacker and she's playing the victim card. "I'm getting death threats, I need therapy." Yea, fuck you bitch. I hope you get stabbed. I hope someone in NYC stabs your ass, you beat up a trans woman for being trans, and then whine about being a victim? Get shot.

http://pix11.com/2016/05/09/exclusive-woman-seen-assaulting-transgender-woman-on-bronx-subway-in-viral-video-speaks-out/

I don't even fucking understand this. Why is she not in jail. There's video of her assaulting someone. She should have charges against her for assault. Are the NYC too busy shooting black people and not doing their god damn fucking jobs to actually arrest that bitch? But it's a trans woman who was beat up so who cares, right?

New York's rather infamous for it's bystander effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

New York's rather infamous for it's bystander effect.

I'm normally conflict-averse, but hurting LGBT people is one of my major berserk buttons.

I would hope I wouldn't just be a bystander.

Of course, in the brief news clips I saw of her, the crazy bitch who attacked the trans woman played the classic "Y'all can't judge me; ya'll dunno me,"-type line beloved by low-class trash everywhere, and alluded to the Bible in the form of the "casting stones" reference. The maddening, hilarious, and tragic irony is that she obviously had zero problems judging a trans woman she didn't know for being "explicit" (whatever the fuck that means) and otherwise offensive to her.

Her therapist has their work cut out for them. My heart goes out to them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troj said:

I'm normally conflict-averse, but hurting LGBT people is one of my major berserk buttons.

I would hope I wouldn't just be a bystander.

Of course, in the brief news clips I saw of her, the crazy bitch who attacked the trans woman played the classic "Y'all can't judge me; ya'll dunno me,"-type line beloved by low-class trash everywhere, and alluded to the Bible in the form of the "casting stones" reference. The maddening, hilarious, and tragic irony is that she obviously had zero problems judging a trans woman she didn't know for being "explicit" (whatever the fuck that means) and otherwise offensive to her.

Her therapist has their work cut out for them. My heart goes out to them.

Black women who make a huge scene like that and pick fights with anyone that's "different" have little to no self respect for themselves or anyone. When they get their asses beaten or verbally "beaten" by the one they provoked, they often play the victim to try and make it out that it was the person's fault for "starting it".
Having being on the receiving end of girls like that for either dating outside my race or the same gender, it isn't fun.

EDIT: I found the woman's Facebook...Most of her pictures are trashy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Black women who make a huge scene like that and pick fights with anyone that's "different" have little to no self respect for themselves or anyone. When they get their asses beaten or verbally "beaten" by the one they provoked, they often play the victim to try and make it out that it was the person's fault for "starting it".
Having being on the receiving end of girls like that for either dating outside my race or the same gender, it isn't fun.

It's definitely not limited to black women, since I've seen women of other races put their own unique cultural spin on "BITCHUHINKUBETTERNME?!" (Men do their own little dances, naturally.) It's a low-class thing, primarily.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Holy shit, stereotypes confirmed.

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

That's one of the things that bugs me "That person offended me, that person was explicit" Wat? So a trans person was offensive to you? Someone existing is offensive to you? A person biologically male but dressed female is offensive to you. Why is everyone offended by everything?
She also says she was mugged before, and sits there and plays the victim card and blames everyone else for her actions. 'I was mugged' is not a valid excuse for assaulting someone. Being offended by someone's dress or appearance is not a valid excuse for assaulting someone. And then whining because you get death threats due to your OWN actions...

• Like 1