Things that you are mildly okay with

FenrirDarkWolf

My chair. 
It's super comfortable, but it's getting old. It squeaks when I lean back, yet it'll take work to fix it, so I deal with it. It just has that perfect balance of being an old piece of shit and being nice to sit on that makes me accept that it's there.

If only I wasn't so lazy. 

• Like 1

People in general. Not much of a people person, but as long as they give me my space and don't treat me badly they're just "ok".

And dogs. I spout a lot of cats > dogs stuff and I think it comes off as though I hate dogs. I like some breeds quite a bit (don't care for the little yippy ones at all tho), but I'd never own a dog unless I ended up with a person who wanted one, simply because I don't want to have to take care of it the way they need to properly be taken care of.

• Like 2

Visiting Grandma Lola

It's nice to visit her and see what's up, and she's nice to me, but I dread when social or political issues are brought into the conversation. Nothing like having to sit through transphobic rant #99. And as it turns out, my dad gets just as annoyed as I do when such is the topic, but he struggles to avoid arguing with grandma. 

But hey, she likes that I'm becoming a welder.

And the trip is always the best part. Open road, heavy metal, the Hot Dog Shoppe, and local treasure. Turns out there is an FYE in the mall by Grandma. Fucking awesome place, like Hot Topic and Best Buy had a baby.

having 2 more work days in a row followed by a single day off, then 3 more work days again

this is mildly ok because i know that i'll have the opposite afterward (3 off, 1 work, 3 off) and hopefully SOMEONE will be visiting me during that time.

but the work days in a row are still garbage.

Spiders.

I like that they eat the bugs that I hate more, but I don't want them crawling on me. I'm one of those people who will save a spider from certain death unless it gets all up on me, then it's smashing time. I had one in my car last night on the way to work just chillin' on my windshield and I asked him nicely to just keep to his side of the car and we wouldn't have a problem. He obliged.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 9:28 AM, DrGravitas said:

Flamethrowers.

I mean, yeah they're cool and all but they're just not that practical. :\

They were very practical in WWII for clearing out bunkers and pillboxes. Stick the nozzle in a gun port and turn the whole thing into an E-Z Bake Oven.

• Like 1

I'm mildly okay with the fact that my old FA account from 2006 was tied to an email address that hasn't worked in years. Now that all passwords have been wiped via administrative action, I can't reset mine to log back in. Looks like it's time to start using my Xaende profile.

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

You are gay lol

No I'm not gay.

It was a spontaneous math boner. 

It happened randomly and I just happened to be looking at boys dressed in lolita maid costumes. 

I also got a boner later looking at a Black Buttler pillow case so that proves it was random. 

No... Wait...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-06-11 at 6:57 PM, LazerMaster5 said:

Considering I need certifications, the school is the way to go.

What's the certifications where you're at?

We have CWB here which qualifies for structural, and a B pressure designation for piping systems designed to handle pressure... There's also a lot of procedure/material specific designations too. They all expire at interval, though, and are required to be reevaluated at a premium, which is nothing more than a huge money grab. If a person can TIG stainless, they can TIG stainless. If a person can run stick on CS, they can run stick on CS. MIG certs? Fuck right off. Like fuck if a person is going to forget what they do for a living. There's also mandatory qualifiers here for welders to qualify for employment, that should be good enough as far as I see it.

Guy might have gotten a little rusty on time off or hadn't had to weld with whatever method for some time, yeah he might fuck up. Send buddy down the road if he fails the qualifier, but making the person pay over and over every x amount of years just to be certified to take part in their career? Bullshit.

And like fuck if even the best welder isn't going to get a bit of porosity in their root every now and then, shit happens, especially considering the shitty spots the poor bastards end up in on some of them posi welds. Crazy they don't have a broken neck sometimes.