Borderlands Assistance

Cyberra

I've been playing Borderlands for about 2 weeks or just over now. Currently I'm a lvl 60 Soldier-class and have finished the second playthrough. Now I'm tackling the DLCs. What I didn't realize beforehand is that with playthrough 2.5 the enemies scale to the player's level instead of being fixed levels.

I am trying to complete the Pumpkinhead mission in the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC, but Pumpkinhead is constantly at least one level higher than I am and my weapons barely make a dent before he kills me, or it takes so long to even make a dent that the area zombies respawn and absolutely wreck me because I can't ignore Pumpkinhead to concentrate on them, nor can I ignore them to concentrate on Pumpkinhead.

Are there any Borderlands players here with a character level 62 or higher who can give me a hand killing this cabbage patch reject? My gamertag is Cyberra and I'm on pretty much every day.

2 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

I've been playing Borderlands for about 2 weeks or just over now. Currently I'm a lvl 60 Soldier-class and have finished the second playthrough. Now I'm tackling the DLCs. What I didn't realize beforehand is that with playthrough 2.5 the enemies scale to the player's level instead of being fixed levels.

I am trying to complete the Pumpkinhead mission in the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC, but Pumpkinhead is constantly at least one level higher than I am and my weapons barely make a dent before he kills me, or it takes so long to even make a dent that the area zombies respawn and absolutely wreck me because I can't ignore Pumpkinhead to concentrate on them, nor can I ignore them to concentrate on Pumpkinhead.

Are there any Borderlands players here with a character level 62 or higher who can give me a hand killing this cabbage patch reject? My gamertag is Cyberra and I'm on pretty much every day.

Do people still play BL1 on the 360 online anymore?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Here I was hoping you were talking about BL2 or PReSequel (and on PC). Damn. If you can't get any other players maybe you can look up some level build guides. Handsome Jackboy has one for soldier.

You might just not be spec'd out optimally.

It's an interesting build, but I play solo enough that I've been running a Heavy Gunner set to maximize my offensive capability. I do have points in health regen and have put points into ammo regen, but most of my set is geared toward doing as much damage as possible. I've never been very defensively-minded in any game.

@Pastry - I have two other people I play online in co-op with fairly regularly. Unfortunately, one is only lvl 48 and the other is just lvl 41

Level 57 560 Heavy Gunner class mod, corrosive resist shield with 1876 capacity and 157 recharge rate (helps against defilers), orange-rarity Combustion Hellfire SMG, explosive sniper rifle for picking off the worst pests, 4x explosive shotgun, and I switch out weapons as necessary with ammo regen weapons. My fourth slot is mostly an incendiary launcher with 1377 damage. I'm collecting better weapons, but the best ones come out of the Secret Armory DLC

I've been doing very well with this setup. I took down the Destroyer with it; the Destroyer was lvl 62 and a real bitch to tackle. Pumpkinhead, though, has thirty or more minions when the zombies respawn. Level 62 defilers do a lot of damage and when there are four of them, plus suicide zombies, psycho zombies, midget zombies, and swarms of lvl 60 regular zombies, even the best player character goes down fast. Thus why I'm asking for help.