Favorite one-hit wonders (or two-hit wonders)

B3y0nd R3kt

Let me tell y'all about DEVO. I fucking love DEVO. You guys probably only remember them for the above song, but their library has a lot of other impressive songs. But taste is subjective, so let me tell you about their career. They were just simple art students studying at Kent State University. One day they watched as their fellow students got shot by the National Guard. The event pissed them off so they found the group as a result. They played a few gigs and decided they wanted to make a video of their song 'Jocko Homo' and a cover of 'Secret Agent Man.' David Bowie happened to see the video and thought they were the band of the future. He and Iggy Pop convinced Warner Bros. Records to sign them up. But that's just their beginnings. Here's a list of their accomplishments:

• Their cover of "Satisfaction" is Mick Jagger's Favorite
  • Brian Eno did production for their debut album
  • Kurt Cobain was a huge fan of them
  • They were the main inspiration for The Aquabats
  • They made a computer game
  • They pioneered the Industrial genre
  • Band member Mark Mothersbaugh composed your childhoood.

7 hours ago, Kosha said:

Let me tell y'all about DEVO. I fucking love DEVO. You guys probably only remember them for the above song, but their library has a lot of other impressive songs. But taste is subjective, so let me tell you about their career. They were just simple art students studying at Kent State University. One day they watched as their fellow students got shot by the National Guard. The event pissed them off so they found the group as a result. They played a few gigs and decided they wanted to make a video of their song 'Jocko Homo' and a cover of 'Secret Agent Man.' David Bowie happened to see the video and thought they were the band of the future. He and Iggy Pop convinced Warner Bros. Records to sign them up. But that's just their beginnings. Here's a list of their accomplishments:

• Their cover of "Satisfaction" is Mick Jagger's Favorite
  • Brian Eno did production for their debut album
  • Kurt Cobain was a huge fan of them
  • They were the main inspiration for The Aquabats
  • They made a computer game
  • They pioneered the Industrial genre
  • Band member Mark Mothersbaugh composed your childhoood.

Weird Al also did a song+video parody of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...