Rant: breaking a window

GemWolf

Ugh, so my 7 year old was sent to his room yesterday for basic naughty behaviour. Trouble was, it wasn't his basic naughty behaviour, we just didn't realise it. It's hard to tell sometimes when it's his condition or when he is just being plain naughty. It can build slowly.

So anyway back the point, we sent him to his room under the impression it was standard behaviour, when he suddenly had a turn. His turns or "attacks" as we call them come without warning so even bad behaviour before hand is not always an indication. He went into an attack and put his hand and harm straight through his window. Glass and blood everywhere. He was very lucky he didn't get an artery. As I know first aid (was a vet nurse, and so outter cuts or wounds are treated the same) I was able to patch him up to allow the wound to seal in on itself, thus preventing the need for stiches.

So the boy is fine, but now.....$$$$$ for a whole new window. *cries desperate tears* 

3 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Ugh, so my 7 year old was sent to his room yesterday for basic naughty behaviour. Trouble was, it wasn't his basic naughty behaviour, we just didn't realise it. It's hard to tell sometimes when it's his condition or when he is just being plain naughty. It can build slowly.

So anyway back the point, we sent him to his room under the impression it was standard behaviour, when he suddenly had a turn. His turns or "attacks" as we call them come without warning so even bad behaviour before hand is not always an indication. He went into an attack and put his hand and harm straight through his window. Glass and blood everywhere. He was very lucky he didn't get an artery. As I know first aid (was a vet nurse, and so outter cuts or wounds are treated the same) I was able to patch him up to allow the wound to seal in on itself, thus preventing the need for stiches.

So the boy is fine, but now.....$$$$$ for a whole new window. *cries desperate tears* 

Holy shit. 

18 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Uh. I don't have the context to know why your kid is so strong?

You'd be surprised at how strong kids can be. In this particular case, his strength came from anger, rage and a conscious black out.

It works the same way as a person who has hardly any strength, but with a shot of adrenaline caused by a fright or to protect a loved one they suddenly have unbelievable strength. 

13 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

5527231+_f2ff2d78ed736b567033fc3ba4e0bbd0.jpg

yeah this exactly. 

Just now, GemWolf said:

You'd be surprised at how strong kids can be. In this particular case, his strength came from anger, rage and a conscious black out.

It works the same way as a person who has hardly any strength, but with a shot of adrenaline caused by a fright or to protect a loved one they suddenly have unbelievable strength. 

yeah this exactly. 

Kids are scary. 

Just now, Lemon said:

Kids are scary. 

Yeah. I read an artical in a magazine once with the title "If a 2 year old were 6 feet tall, he'd be in jail". I did a quick search for it online with no luck. It was many years ago. The basic point of the artical was stating how strong toddlers can be in a temper tantrum. Some have injured parents. I can't really recall all that much about it though.