Rave: Look at my new chunk

Gamedog

34 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

What's the point of taping ears? What's wrong with leaving them floppy?

Its something from hunting days, where floppy ears, being softer, are easier for wild boars to tear off, also harder to clean and easier to damage. Basically you tape up their ears so that the ear leather and muscles get stronger, and eventually they can perk up on their own with no issue.

5 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

What's the point of taping ears? What's wrong with leaving them floppy?

When Rottweiler puppies go through the teething phase, they tend to hold their ears out to the side or back in a "rose ear" shape. Their ear cartilage is still soft and mouldable, and The way to correct this is to tape the long part of the ear in a folded taco shape for a few days up to 2 weeks (with a break every other day or so) to correct the ear placement.

by doing this, you can eliminate the fold on the back of the ear that causes the rose fold, and you can instead force the cartilage to create a fold on top of the ear, giving the correct "pendant" position.

if the ears are allowed to have this "fly" appearance throughout puppyhood, they can remain "fly ears" when the dog becomes an adult, taking away from his alert expression 

if the ears are corrected, they will sit forward while alert and will give the impression of a wider back of the head, a more solid expression 

I'll post example pics using Floyd later today. Taping is pain-free (maybe a little irritating for the puppy) and all it requires is loosely wrapping a piece of tape around the ear. Other species like boxers, mastiffs, Australian shepherds, and collies require ear taping.

19 hours ago, shadowsinhiding said:

I am very jealous of your dog, i really love dogs of all kinds. I admit i can kinda turn into a 6 year old girl when i see a dog.

but anyway your dog is really cute and chunky <3, all IV got is this piece o shit 

IMG_20160109_160806.jpg

That dog is not a piece of shit

my dog was a piece of shit on his walk today. Kept thrashing around and laying on the ground and throwing tantrums 

On 7/26/2016 at 6:36 AM, shadowsinhiding said:

I am very jealous of your dog, i really love dogs of all kinds. I admit i can kinda turn into a 6 year old girl when i see a dog.

but anyway your dog is really cute and chunky <3, all IV got is this piece o shit 

IMG_20160109_160806.jpg

Someone needs to lay off of the Snausages.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, cobalt-blue said:

Well at least no more mouth full of hypodermic needles! Ow Ow ow!

Oh he hasn't lost those yet, he still has his baby canines

hes losing his baby incisors thougg

ill upload recent pics tonight. Bought him some dried rabbit feet as treats, excited to see how that goes

5 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

You censored your dog's penis? Are you worried furries are going to jerk it to pictures of your dog?

nah, the BarkCam app gave me stickers to use and I had a pic where he was laying in a really uncomfortable pose

he got drunk off dog martinis and passed out nude

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2016-07-25 at 4:43 AM, Gamedog said:

When Rottweiler puppies go through the teething phase, they tend to hold their ears out to the side or back in a "rose ear" shape. Their ear cartilage is still soft and mouldable, and The way to correct this is to tape the long part of the ear in a folded taco shape for a few days up to 2 weeks (with a break every other day or so) to correct the ear placement.

by doing this, you can eliminate the fold on the back of the ear that causes the rose fold, and you can instead force the cartilage to create a fold on top of the ear, giving the correct "pendant" position.

if the ears are allowed to have this "fly" appearance throughout puppyhood, they can remain "fly ears" when the dog becomes an adult, taking away from his alert expression 

if the ears are corrected, they will sit forward while alert and will give the impression of a wider back of the head, a more solid expression 

I'll post example pics using Floyd later today. Taping is pain-free (maybe a little irritating for the puppy) and all it requires is loosely wrapping a piece of tape around the ear. Other species like boxers, mastiffs, Australian shepherds, and collies require ear taping.

Require ear taping as in there's some kind of detriment in later life, or just because it's something people do because fuck it I want my dog to look like other dogs?

11 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Require ear taping as in there's some kind of detriment in later life, or just because it's something people do because fuck it I want my dog to look like other dogs?

Cause fuck it, I want my dog to look the way I want him to look, essentially

hes done taping. Hasn't been taped in a while, and although sometimes his right ear flips over, he has correctly set ears now

10 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Aww he's starting to lose his puppy face. You could still see it in some of the other pics.

I know! He's got that big chunky mouth thing going on now, his teeth are too big for his head

7 hours ago, Sourdough said:

Chunk is becoming a most handsome young dog, gg Clay. You raise dog real good.

Thank you friend, he is my baby pumpkin. I'm glad I got such a chill, friendly, smart dog 

9 hours ago, Gamedog said:

Cause fuck it, I want my dog to look the way I want him to look, essentially

That's no good. You couldn't give a slight fuck outside of your own shit, eh?

Fuck I should have taped these. Not.20160103_194022[1].jpg

He can be a little shit, but I sure as fuck didn't care about whether his ears were droopy or not, that's ridiculous. Should I tape his eyes shut so it looks like he's sleeping like that all the time?

Hell no!

20160727_185959[1].jpg

27 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

That's no good. You couldn't give a slight fuck outside of your own shit, eh?

Fuck I should have taped these. Not.20160103_194022[1].jpg

He can be a little shit, but I sure as fuck didn't care about whether his ears were droopy or not, that's ridiculous. Should I tape his eyes shut so it looks like he's sleeping like that all the time?

Hell no!

20160727_185959[1].jpg

I don't understand why you care so much about a painless, harmless temporary procedure.

I also see that you too have subjected your dog to a temporary, painless, harmless procedure for appearance. (Hair clipping)

week132.jpgEartaping.jpg

eartaping2.jpg

• Like 1