Any Music/Rhythm Fans Out There?

SlickeHedge

Music/Rhythm games are pretty great in my opinion! Anyone into the music/rhythm genre with well know games such as Dance Dance Revolution and Pump it Up along with lesser know games such as Beatmania, DJMAX, Pop n' Music and many others? I'm personally into, well...what I just listed; mainly Pump It Up, DDR, and DJMAX.

Oh, and Guitar Hero and Rockband. Completely forgot about those two.

I also enjoy rhythm games and have quite a few of them. Taiko Drum Master and UM Jammer Lammy / Parappa the Rapper are also some pretty good somewhat lesser known ones.

though DDR will always probably be one of my favorites. and I've only played Pop n' Music a few times. I really like it but it's super hard to find without having to emulate it

I know iPhone apps in general are pretty inferior but I really enjoyed this one app called lyric legend which was really cool because you had to tap out the lyrics in sync to the song as they appeared

I dont know if its still around and if it hasnt become a freemium nightmare yet

35 minutes ago, willow said:

I also enjoy rhythm games and have quite a few of them. Taiko Drum Master and UM Jammer Lammy / Parappa the Rapper are also some pretty good somewhat lesser known ones.

though DDR will always probably be one of my favorites. and I've only played Pop n' Music a few times. I really like it but it's super hard to find without having to emulate it

Oh, Pop n' Music actually has a few home release for the PSOne and the games and controller go for relatively cheap on Amazon; I even own the first three myself. Though since the games are import, you'll need a PlayStation "regioned" in Japan to play them.

Just now, SlickeHedge said:

Oh, Pop n' Music actually has a few home release for the PSOne and the games and controller go for relatively cheap on Amazon; I even own the first three myself. Though since the games are import, you'll need a PlayStation "regioned" in Japan to play them.

yeah there's that too :(

all the importing and making it so the Playstation can run it

2 minutes ago, willow said:

yeah there's that too :(

all the importing and making it so the Playstation can run it

It sucks even more because there's now way around it.

There's something called SwapMagic that tricks your PS2 into playing import games. But unfortunately, it can't register backwards compatibility. So it only works for the PS2 games. :(

1 minute ago, SlickeHedge said:

It sucks even more because there's now way around it.

There's something called SwapMagic that tricks your PS2 into playing import games. But unfortunately, it can't register backwards compatibility. So it only works for the PS2 games. :(

that's unfortunate. though I'm sure there's other ways you can get around region locks. I've looked into emulating it but I'm not totally a fan of doing that :/