The Confessional Box

root

3 minutes ago, Aeon said:

when i was younger i ate a pokemon card because i thought i would turn into an eevee

I've never heard of a stronger logic.

15 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

Then you may enjoy this. 

(picture)

I mean I gotta say, that craftsmanship is fantastic. What statue is that?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hux said:

I wish we could colonize Mars and have it be inhabited only by buff gay guys.

No girls. No straights. Bi guys can visit for up to 30 days, but must convert to gay if they wish to stay.

That's my confession, baby.

How the fuck are we going to procreate and sustain the population? Without women for breeding, the population would dwindle in a matter of decades, leaving a ghost civilization on Mars.

On second thought, a lost Mars civilization actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

38 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

How the fuck are we going to procreate and sustain the population? Without women for breeding, the population would dwindle in a matter of decades, leaving a ghost civilization on Mars.

On second thought, a lost Mars civilization actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

We could develop the artificial womb. Cloning is also an option, as is surrogacy.

Our faggotry would come to conquer the universe as a great empire and the only enemy that could challenge us would be the Reapers.

If our civilization fails then we can just start a chain of gay-themed amusent parks or something instead.

I nominate Rob Halford to be our supreme leader.

On 9/10/2016 at 2:52 AM, Hux said:

I wish we could colonize Mars and have it be inhabited only by buff gay guys.

No girls. No straights. Bi guys can visit for up to 30 days, but must convert to gay if they wish to stay.

That's my confession, baby.

"Good. Leave the earth for us like it was meant to be"

- Gay intolerant people

2 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Did anyone else lick a 9 volt battery as a kid? I swear, I never knew that other people did it... I just was looking at it and thought "my tongue belongs on this"

I licked most things as a child.

I managed to mis-identify the sex of an unconscious person to the paramedics. Beyond being embarrassing this resulted in an annoyed female police officer wasting her time to supervise. She wouldn't even look at me. 

In my defense the unconscious person had no real shape and was too large to move. 

11 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Did anyone else lick a 9 volt battery as a kid? I swear, I never knew that other people did it... I just was looking at it and thought "my tongue belongs on this"

It's actually a valid technique for testing them afaik. My dad used to do it to see which ones had any charge left.

11 hours ago, ZorroValdez said:

I refuse  to "check privilege" cuz I ain't no shitlord.

A woman was telling me to 'check my privilege' because she could 'tell from my skin colour that my ancestors had never been subjugated,'
So I reminded her that Auschwitz existed and there was no way of her being able to tell whether somebody's ancestors were in a Weimar Death Camp by judging how pale their skin is. 

...it also feels weird that University students should be telling each other to check their privilege. The people who are really disadvantaged in society can't afford to go to University; all of the University students are, by virtue of their access to higher education, immensely privileged no matter what colour they are.

36 minutes ago, Saxon said:

A woman was telling me to 'check my privilege' because she could 'tell from my skin colour that my ancestors had never been subjugated,'
So I reminded her that Auschwitz existed and there was no way of her being able to tell whether somebody's ancestors were in a Weimar Death Camp by judging how pale their skin is. 

...it also feels weird that University students should be telling each other to check their privilege. The people who are really disadvantaged in society can't afford to go to University; all of the University students are, by virtue of their access to higher education, immensely privileged no matter what colour they are.

Wait. So the "check your privilege" thing is something you're supposed to say to privileged people in defence of disadvantaged people?
I always thought it's just yet another catch phrase people use to try to force someone to shut up or change the oppositions mind with guilt. You know, like all the other one liners people use when they have no argument against the things they dislike without any logical reason.

The more you know.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Ironically that's really racist

• Like 1

My English teacher hates Australia for some reason.

My poor Australian friend get the evil eye every time he walks in the room.

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

Better yet I'm a furry and have to face the devastating reality that I can never be a yiffy fox. :c

I can never be a whatever I am.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I didn't know that was something people actually seriously said... =/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I didn't know that was something people actually seriously said... =/

Yep. Most of the students around me agreed with her, but I'm not sure whether they felt obligated to agree with her because they feared she would also accuse them of being privileged racist or whatever else.

I meet people with these sorts of opinions very frequently though; I met a feminist group here which claimed Tolkien's lord of the ring's trilogy promoted Nordic supremacy. When I challenged them it turned out none of them had even read any of the books.

40 minutes ago, Jaspers said:

Sometimes when I have enough free time, I do certain kinds of concentration exercises in order to be able to see auras someday. I strongly believe in that stuff.

Sorry jasper, but auras just don't exist. :\ Psychics who claim they can see auras are unable to guess how many people are in a pitch-black room any better than would be expected from chance, which shows that they don't have any power. It is possible that people who believe they can see other humans glowing suffer from psychiatric problems, like hallucinations.

Your body does glow in the infra red though:

web_Wiki_lion.jpg

but you will need an expensive camera to produce images like this, because the human cornea is opaque to infrared radiation, so no amount of practice will enable you to see this glow.

14 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Sorry jasper, but auras just don't exist. :\ Psychics who claim they can see auras are unable to guess how many people are in a pitch-black room any better than would be expected from chance, which shows that they don't have any power. It is possible that people who believe they can see other humans glowing suffer from psychiatric problems, like hallucinations.

Your body does glow in the infra red though:

web_Wiki_lion.jpg

but you will need an expensive camera to produce images like this, because the human cornea is opaque to infrared radiation, so no amount of practice will enable you to see this glow.

Fair, but beliefs like that go akin to religion. Most likely, Jasper will believe this despite being told they don't exist. Its kind of interesting if you think about it: humans have theologist and religious idealologies, all with ways to live their life, cope with grief, and even instill values of good luck. The power of the mind is a fascinating thing. 

15 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Fair, but beliefs like that go akin to religion. Most likely, Jasper will believe this despite being told they don't exist. Its kind of interesting if you think about it: humans have theologist and religious idealologies, all with ways to live their life, cope with grief, and even instill values of good luck. The power of the mind is a fascinating thing. 

Similarly, and I guess this is appropriate for the Confessional Box, I like to invest a certain amount suspended disbelief in the idea that some of the rocks and things I carry around will help stabilize me out and help me a bit in certain ways.

Do I have any scientific knowledge to back that up? No.
Do I expect there to be? No.
But it makes me feel better, and I'm hurting no one with it.

If I want to string a stone around my neck because I feel like it helps me talk better, who cares.
If Jasper wants to pursue auras, who cares.

We don't need to go all r/atheism on this shit.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I hope that, since there have been controlled tests to determine if psychics can see auras and those test results showed that they could not, that Jasper will find that persuasive.

Similarly, and I guess this is appropriate for the Confessional Box, I like to invest a certain amount suspended disbelief in the idea that some of the rocks and things I carry around will help stabilize me out and help me a bit in certain ways.

Do I have any scientific knowledge to back that up? No.
Do I expect there to be? No.
But it makes me feel better, and I'm hurting no one with it.

If I want to string a stone around my neck because I feel like it helps me talk better, who cares.
If Jasper wants to pursue auras, who cares.

We don't need to go all r/atheism on this shit.

Actually you're absolutely right that carrying rocks around with you can affect your body, although these tend to be toxic effects.

Chrysotile asbestos is a good example, because it liberates fibres which cause respiratory irritation that develops into pulmonary cancers.

One of my friends used to keep chrysostile, that he found in Russia, in his room, because he thought it was pretty.

So...I suppose you have to know enough about the gems you keep in order to know they're not poisonous. I'm sure 6tails wold know lots of cool stuff about this.

4 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Tell her you're a transgender man and she should check her cis priveledge

I doubt I'd be so open around somebody like that. They're already being irrational and belligerent. If someone who doesn't know my life story tells me to check my privilege or otherwise accosts me, they've lost my respect. The only way to untie this Gordian knot of racism/sexism/etc. is to treat others as individuals. If someone either can't or won't make an effort to do that, then they're part of the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

I tease and flirt with others so much online with my fursona and stuff yet have pretty much no interest in anyone sexually in real life and am not attracted to people really at all, yet I still sort of want sex.

You are a confused human being.

The magic brain gnome has stopped working and quit.

I can help. I'll install Brain OSX for you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

I tease and flirt with others so much online with my fursona and stuff yet have pretty much no interest in anyone sexually in real life and am not attracted to people really at all, yet I still sort of want sex.

woops, this isn't the 18+ section