The Confessional Box

root

I sent Ricky some PMs, even though I got the call from the hospital, he's dead.

I miss him. I just thanked him for what happiness he gave me, and asked him, if he's out there, to send a sign. So if I start to trip, after my herbal tea...thanks, pal! Miss ya bunny, wherever you may be. And me, Mr. atheist, it seems funny. And yet...

10 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I sent Ricky some PMs, even though I got the call from the hospital, he's dead.

I miss him. I just thanked him for what happiness he gave me, and asked him, if he's out there, to send a sign. So if I start to trip, after my herbal tea...thanks, pal! Miss ya bunny, wherever you may be. And me, Mr. atheist, it seems funny. And yet...

It's a good way of getting closure, just don't cloud it up with reason.... now is not the time for that, now is the time to do what feels good for you so that you can make a good recovery and not have things you wished you said haunt you for years.

Go for it, keep your heart open.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

It's a good way of getting closure, just don't cloud it up with reason.... now is not the time for that, now is the time to do what feels good for you so that you can make a good recovery and not have things you wished you said haunt you for years.

Go for it, keep your heart open.

Thanks, Like you say, 'reason' played no role, it just felt like what I needed to do/should do, and happened pretty much spontaneously. It's hard, too, to look at my 'friends' list, and know he's gone. But I'm not gonna 'delete' him, that somehow doesn't feel right; better to have a kind of momento to remind me...and it's not as if I go and view my friends/contact list all that often.

Has anyone else sent PMs to a person who has passed away? I suppose it's not too uncommon.

11 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

what is this a response to

It's a bait response to force a response from you, so a response to your response can be made in the future.

It's a revolutionary, foresight posting tactic developed in the later half of 2015, first used on the battlefield on Northern FAF by the Republic of Zaraphayx, later adopted by the Buck Sovereign.
Due to it's recent nature no internet nation has developed a usable countermeasure yet, though there were reports of several successful pre-emptive strikes just the past year.
Research on the counter measure is high priority due to the tactics roughly 90% casualty rate. NSA reports the first prototypes of a counter response are going to be tested this winter.

Or maybe it's a response to the post above. Though no sources claimed responsibility for it so far.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Recel said:

Or maybe it's a response to the post above. Though no sources claimed responsibility for it so far.

I was hoping they had had an internet fight with someone on the forum and came into this thread to gloat about it which in hindsight was perhaps flying a bit too close to the sun as far as having hopes for drama goes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another Ampers& said:

I was hoping they had had an internet fight with someone on the forum and came into this thread to gloat about it which in hindsight was perhaps flying a bit too close to the sun as far as having hopes for drama goes

Never give up hope for drama. There's always a chance! You just got to believe!

• Like 2

I hate my dad and think of him as nothing more than an acquaintance that I need to look at when I pick my sister up

i will be spending thanksgiving with my roommates family 

I would probably be murdered or dead by this time last year if my roommate didn't contact me

he never expected a response back and I didn't plan on giving him a reply but I'm glad I did and I'm glad we met

4 hours ago, Osrik said:

Not for your teeth, the acidity destroys tooth enamel.

(I actually used to eat them straight too, taste great, but i already have enough dental problems...)

I'm aware. I only eat one and then go brush my teeth. Probably doesn't stop everything, but it gets any acid from settling on them.

31 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Binding of Issac?

hmm? no

it was basically just something i made up on the spot; i initially wanted to preserve a bit of throwaway anonymity, especially since i didn't know if i would stay here or not; so i found this to be appropriately mysterious and punny, along with the added benefit of a somewhat-obscure musical reference. it turned out to be a good username and eventually came to take on personal significance beyond that. 

thats all I say fur now. 

• Like 1

I never liked Harry Potter, the books, the movies, and always wanted to break his glasses. And generally, I'm a nice person! But somehow, I just didn't 'get' what was so great about it, and still don't. But again, I'm not a big fan of fantasy in general, and things like Games of Thrones also hold just about zero appeal.

• Like 2