The Confessional Box

root

8 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a cat joke yet. There's always a cat joke.

15 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

That is correct. There is no good puss in Europe at all.

Well, there is some good puss in Turkey. When the realized what they had they made their pusses a national treasure.

I was speaking of the Turkish Angora, which is a national treasure of Turkey.

• Like 1

I confess to liking an old style RP: posts in paragraphs, well written, the synergy. Harder and harder to find, now...people mock them, say just a yiff fest, post whatever easy shit.  But When these are good, they bring me so much more connection than scripted video games. I wish people could write, again, and not feel so ashamed of the furry fun that comes with it.

15 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I confess to liking an old style RP: posts in paragraphs, well written, the synergy. Harder and harder to find, now...people mock them, say just a yiff fest, post whatever easy shit.  But When these are good, they bring me so much more connection than scripted video games. I wish people could write, again, and not feel so ashamed of the furry fun that comes with it.

I've always been interested in roleplaying but never found anyone to play any scenarios with.

52 minutes ago, Cannakitty said:

I've always been interested in roleplaying but never found anyone to play any scenarios with.

If ya like, we could try. I tend towards more 'reality' based settings, but am pretty flexible. I also have a fondness for certain historical things during the gilded age (say, circa 1900), or else, during the Great Depression/Dust Bowl Era. But it all depends.

I've done both SFW and NSFW; though being gay, the NSFW ones have been with other males, obviously! One thing on this site that's odd, is that hardly anyone seems to have filled out any of their information...so when I go to see a members profile, and what they might be interested in and what not, it's always just a blank, to the point I'm often confused if someone is even male or female. I guess it doesn't matter, in certain ways, but it is kinda odd. Maybe most people who came to this already knew each other, and thus, just never thought to write a little profile, or something??? Not for RP, but just in general.

16 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Did a huge Legend of Zelda one with like six or seven people back when I was in high school and had a blast. Haven't done it since though...so you know, that was ten years ago now D:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Conker said:

Did a huge Legend of Zelda one with like six or seven people back when I was in high school and had a blast. Haven't done it since though...so you know, that was ten years ago now D:

Sounds fun. So far, I've not done based on existing characters/shows/games, though I have pondered a more twisted version of a TMNT one...maybe one day! 

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Sounds fun. So far, I've not done based on existing characters/shows/games, though I have pondered a more twisted version of a TMNT one...maybe one day! 

I remember it being a bit of a pain that none of us could really kill anyone, so if we got into fights they would have to end in a draw or a flesh wound :P

tonight i passed up an opportunity to get more money by ignoring a call asking if i could come to work an extra night.  i feel bad because i really need money and also i'm afraid of disappointing people (particularly since the one who asked was one of my very few work buddies)..... but dammit i just did 4 days in a row, the latter 2 of which i walked there and back, and i've been feeling like shit all week so i was tired and really ready for my days off.  if it's not required of me, i don't wanna do it.  but i wish i had it in me to just do it anyway. 

:'(  i am weak

19 minutes ago, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Whenever a test/assignment asks me what I thought/how something affected me/something about myself I always put some bullshit that the teacher would want to see instead of what I actually thought, since they cant prove if its right or not

this is a good job interview skill

16 hours ago, Gator said:

tonight i passed up an opportunity to get more money by ignoring a call asking if i could come to work an extra night.  i feel bad because i really need money and also i'm afraid of disappointing people (particularly since the one who asked was one of my very few work buddies)..... but dammit i just did 4 days in a row, the latter 2 of which i walked there and back, and i've been feeling like shit all week so i was tired and really ready for my days off.  if it's not required of me, i don't wanna do it.  but i wish i had it in me to just do it anyway. 

Eh, you shouldn't feel bad about not going above and beyond what your expected to do when you need a break, taking care of yourself can be more important than making a little extra money.

And I doubt people will be disappointed when it was something you weren't expected to do in the first place, I think they'll understand that you may have other things to do in your life than work.

1 hour ago, Osrik said:

Eh, you shouldn't feel bad about not going above and beyond what your expected to do when you need a break, taking care of yourself can be more important than making a little extra money.

And I doubt people will be disappointed when it was something you weren't expected to do in the first place, I think they'll understand that you may have other things to do in your life than work.

true.. i just feel like i didn't have a "real" excuse for not going.  but eh, my sore feet sure ain't complaining.

1 hour ago, Toshabi said:

On my way to work, some random stranger blew smoke in my face. I coughed and hacked and gagged. Instead of retaliating, I gave him a very sad, disappointed look. He just laughed and gave me a titty twister.

You should have knocked his lights out.

44 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

On my way to work, some random stranger blew smoke in my face. I coughed and hacked and gagged. Instead of retaliating, I gave him a very sad, disappointed look. He just laughed and gave me a titty twister.

You should have thrown a Pokémon plush at him. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 2:11 AM, Gator said:

fuuuuggggg this bit me in the ass in an unexpected way.  i just found out i have a day cut out of my schedule this week.  on the one hand, i never have saturdays off and it would give me a chance to get things done.  on the other hand, MUH HOURS

if only i had known

On 9/21/2016 at 11:15 PM, DrGravitas said:

I have a tendency to provide my task estimates at work in multiples of 3. I also tend to round the values of numeric parameters in 3D projects to multiples of 3. In fact, if a number has any leeway in choosing its value, I will generally aim for multiples of 3 or numbers that are kind of like multiples of 3 or just contain a bunch of multiples of 3, if it won't be a huge inconvenience.

I might genuinely a problem ._.;

I tend to do this a lot as well, except with powers of 2. Whenever I see a 1000, I just want to add 24 to it.
210 is so much nicer than 23x53

On 9/26/2016 at 1:30 PM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Whenever a test/assignment asks me what I thought/how something affected me/something about myself I always put some bullshit that the teacher would want to see instead of what I actually thought, since they cant prove if its right or not

"Don't be afraid to tell us exactly how you feel."
And then they proceed to ask for your full name, your signature and your parents' signature.

Way to get honest feedback!

• Like 1

I haven't been feeling that great about myself as a person lately. I'm kind of afraid I'm becoming something I hate. I don't want to be a "that guy". 

I've considered taking a break from here/discord but then I realize I'd just be bored. And I'd miss people. So idk. I'll have to watch myself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I haven't been feeling that great about myself as a person lately. I'm kind of afraid I'm becoming something I hate. I don't want to be a "that guy". 

I've considered taking a break from here/discord but then I realize I'd just be bored. And I'd miss people. So idk. I'll have to watch myself. 

We're all horrible people. It's okay, Endless. <3

I have a fear of dark basements, especially in old houses/buildings. Come to think of it, any house or apartment I have lived in has always been in a building at least 100 years old, or more.

I think I would also have a fear of having to live in a new building, period.

6 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I have a fear of dark basements, especially in old houses/buildings. Come to think of it, any house or apartment I have lived in has always been in a building at least 100 years old, or more.

I think I would also have a fear of having to live in a new building, period.

I envisaged a dark basement with a lot of chains as your natural environment, lol.

• Like 3