The Confessional Box

root

2 hours ago, Kosha said:

You would love Civilization. Make friends with another civilization, ask politely for their resources and techs and when they get into a war and start losing, attack their cities.

In Alpha Centauri I used the terraforming missiles in order to slowly starve all of my enemies to death because i turned all of their fertile land into deserts using the rain shadow effect of mountains.

And because it wasn't the planet-cracker nuke they couldn't declare war on me for it.

• Like 1

Just now, LadyRadarEars said:

In Alpha Centauri I used the terraforming missiles in order to slowly starve all of my enemies to death because i turned all of their fertile land into deserts using the rain shadow effect of mountains.

And because it wasn't the planet-cracker nuke they couldn't declare war on me for it.

I've never played Alpha Centauri, but now I do. I love games with Cruelty Potential.

On 5/29/2016 at 3:29 AM, Kosha said:

I've never played Alpha Centauri, but now I do. I love games with Cruelty Potential.

Also if you use the planet cracker you can totally sink all of their coastal cities into the sea by raising the sea level.

The problem is everyone declares war on you simultaneously, so unless you're the spartans or the university (and therefore either have super large conquests already or a tech lead so large you fire black holes at them) then its not a good idea.

Another thing I would do would be to load up the missiles with fungal payloads in order to spawn alien monsters that burrow into your brain with psionics and cause you to explode while they eat your skin just pop up where their farms used to be.

I'm a really horrible person in strategy games, about the only thing you can count on is that if you're a vassal/ally of mine I won't murder every last one of your children so long as you don't betray me.

Also one time in Eu4 I was betrayed by Novgorod, so I invaded them, carved them into pieces to make Finland, released Muscovy, and then annexed the rest and culture-converted it to Prussian before converting them to catholicism. Because apparently my default response in strategy games to 'betrayal' is 'I will genocide your everything.'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

3 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Another thing I would do would be to load up the missiles with fungal payloads in order to spawn alien monsters that burrow into your brain with psionics and cause you to explode while they eat your skin just pop up where their farms used to be.

I'm a really horrible person in strategy games, about the only thing you can count on is that if you're a vassal/ally of mine I won't murder every last one of your children so long as you don't betray me.

Also one time in Eu4 I was betrayed by Novgorod, so I invaded them, carved them into pieces to make Finland, released Muscovy, and then annexed the rest and culture-converted it to Prussian before converting them to catholicism. Because apparently my default response in strategy games to 'betrayal' is 'I will genocide your everything.'

Hohohohoho you're a monster! Remember me not to piss you off

6 hours ago, Kosha said:

You would love Civilization. Make friends with another civilization, ask politely for their resources and techs and when they get into a war and start losing, attack their cities.

One step ahead of you. That's how half the world fell to me.

• Like 1

I don't know how to mark spoilers for grossness, so I would just gloss over this if you're squeamish. A little after I hit puberty, I had an issue with my genitals called a testicular torsion. I had to get surgery on it, and I ended up losing a lot of my left testicle. Basically it's as if I only have one testicle. It was actually a condition my uncle had; I ended up having a collapsed lung like him, too (I'm fine now, I had surgery on both lungs). Funny enough he's also an artist. I think I'm probably going to inherit all the conditions he's had, which might include diabetes. But, who knows. Anyway, when it happened, I thought it was punishment from God for being so focused on sex and my transformation fetish. I swore off transformation after that... it didn't last long, heh. My sex drive didn't decrease at all after the incident, so it's not much of an issue for me, although I'd imagine it'd be a nasty surprise to any partner I would have. ;)

• Like 1

I am not a religious man. I believe religion was created as a tool by man to bring order and give answers to the unknown. It is neither a good or bad thing, inherently.

I also believe there is no greater purpose than the purpose you give yourself. 

I didn't have many friends growing up and couldn't connect with people for the longest time. I would daydream and think of these things when I was a kid. I stopped fearing death when I was about 10 and became an atheist around 14.

• Like 3

Despite my constant fetishizing of the military, I was unfit to join due to a combination of weight and mental issues. Probably my biggest regret so far. Between the stories my father has told me and the ones I've heard elsewhere, it -- strangely enough -- sounds pretty damn fun.

And yes, I already know it's nothing like COWADOODYBLOPS. I would've gone Chairforce anyway, be like my pappy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

Despite my constant fetishizing of the military, I was unfit to join due to a combination of weight and mental issues. Probably my biggest regret so far. Between the stories my father has told me and the ones I've heard elsewhere, it -- strangely enough -- sounds pretty damn fun.

And yes, I already know it's nothing like COWADOODYBLOPS. I would've gone Chairforce anyway, be like my pappy.

I've also wanted to join the airforce for a long time.

But I've also known I'm completely unfit for it.
Which is disappointing.

4 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Are the two of you referencing some movie I haven't watched I feel left out ._.

Edit: Nevermind on Falaffel, I just realized he was referencing a jimmy buffet song. My mom had like, every single one of his albums xD

I was referencing Ricky Martin.

19 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

What about drone operator?

I'm probably plenty physically fit for it, but not mentally.
I doubt I'd be able to get a foot in the AF, let alone any actual positioning.

8 minutes ago, root said:

I was referencing Ricky Martin.

Good, so I actually got the reference.

10 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I've wanted to go but I'm not allowed because I rely on a hearing aid every day. I like to think about what kind of role I'd end up in. I've been interested in the Royal Artillery. Strange, you'd think a hearing impairment would be an advantage in such a field.

11 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you would have done a fine job in the military given the chance. 

I still have a least another two years on my enlistment and it has been an 'experience'.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Similarly, I once wore that costume to a party and one of my friends unzipped me all the way down and everybody saw my peen.

I was going to ask why you weren't wearing underwear, but I'm kind of afraid this might go places I don't want it to go, so I just won't ask.

@Victor-933

@Vae

Yeah it kinda sucks, there is alot of good there. I went through basic, graduated and all, but I regret how immature I acted in basic because I look back to it without depression, without thinking of killing myself, and I remember alot of lovely people and experiences I wish I had taken more from. In graduation, I was determined to be the best I could.... a few days later everything crashed for the final time and I was planning on a one way ticket until a forum member here called my mom, who called my command, who called an ambulance.

The best thing you can take away from it really are the three core values: integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. Seriously at work I sometimes get so lazy I lack in those 3 and always want to do better.

Just.... respect to those people who go through that life and respect to those who raise themselves to that level without that aid.

I'm going to go back to lurking, I just had to post that.

On 04/06/2016 at 6:23 AM, Victor-933 said:

I confess that I have a big resentment from the military - just because of the way they advertise it to people to encourage them to join. I mean the TV adverts are tolerable (some are still annoying), but the spokespeople who come into schools and society's love for military service-people... Something just rubs the wrong way about all of it. Not from a place of 'I hate the troops' or 'all troops are scumbags'... it's something else, but I can't quite put my finger on what.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

It didn't~
And possibly wont!
But I'm guilty of that a bit, too. 

7 hours ago, PlusThirtyOne said:

i'd like to confess i stopped posting here cuzz i thought FAF would get better.

Absolutely_e9fe83_5483429.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wax said:

I confess that I have a big resentment from the military - just because of the way they advertise it to people to encourage them to join. I mean the TV adverts are tolerable (some are still annoying), but the spokespeople who come into schools and society's love for military service-people... Something just rubs the wrong way about all of it. Not from a place of 'I hate the troops' or 'all troops are scumbags'... it's something else, but I can't quite put my finger on what.

*shrug* I grew up in a USAF family and I really enjoyed it, but I agree it's not for everyone. And the recruitment thing is just a product of the military being a volunteer gig, you gotta really sell people on the concept of signing away four or more years of their life.