The Confessional Box

root

15 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

*shrug* I grew up in a USAF family and I really enjoyed it, but I agree it's not for everyone. And the recruitment thing is just a product of the military being a volunteer gig, you gotta really sell people on the concept of signing away four or more years of their life.

Similarly, my dad was Navy, and I grew up with hearing him talk a lot about jets, and going to a lot of airshows and things.
The airforce is something I've always been interested in, and not because of advertisements or people going to schools. Ideally, I'd want to join a demonstration squad like the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels or something.

It's just unfortunate that my mental scape is so fucked up that I can't.

39 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

*shrug* I grew up in a USAF family and I really enjoyed it, but I agree it's not for everyone. And the recruitment thing is just a product of the military being a volunteer gig, you gotta really sell people on the concept of signing away four or more years of their life.

Yeah... I mean it's true that you probably sign up and have a pretty good time and all... but it just kind of seems like a facade to me. I think that's what I'm getting from it anyway.

i know where you're coming from with the whole military facade. Even when you're already in one branch, you just get fed ads and encouraged to enlist in other branches. i grew up with Airforce and Navy ads getting crammed down my throat. The AFRTS networks really push that shit hard back in the day. Can't say much about the present though.

• Like 1

Just now, Kosha said:

Yes. And I know what you're thinking, "Oh Kosha is just shitposting, he isn't a mind reader." Well how do you think I know that?

I dunno man, it really does take a mind reader to know I like Freddie Mercury. It's not like I advertise my now unsuppressed love for him by having him as my avatar or anything

1 hour ago, Gator said:

i pick up every coin i find on the floor at work.  every penny, dime, nickel, and quarter.  especially dimes and quarters, hot damn.  i get downright excited over those.

I do this as well with the American coins I find in my change. I've collected something like $2 so far :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sourdough said:

So I'm not the only one! Fantastic. I do it because there's always the chance it's from another Eurozone country. I find a lot of Spanish and Greek change lying about, less often I'll find some French or German coins. 

Little do you know, they're actually ass pennies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I don't know who I am. Sincerely. Inside. That's my confession that I actually have trouble accepting. 

You're a brain and a bunch of other gross organs. To be more eloquent, you're human-- that's what we all are. Why worry over defining yourself as anything more? Humans adapt and change, so those other definitions aren't permanent anyway. 

40 minutes ago, SirRob said:

You're a brain and a bunch of other gross organs. To be more eloquent, you're human-- that's what we all are. Why worry over defining yourself as anything more? Humans adapt and change, so those other definitions aren't permanent anyway. 

Maybe. 

I dunno. It's just confusing to think you know yourself, but you just end up surprising yourself. 

My problem is that I'm changing quite fast. I've been thrust into a situation where I have hardly any control. I'm having to make choices I didn't want to make. I'm having to do things I've never been comfortable with. It's scary is all. 

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

This is the furrydom. None of us are human inside. D:

I'm sorry, my true form is actually a gay human :c

4 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Maybe. 

I dunno. It's just confusing to think you know yourself, but you just end up surprising yourself. 

My problem is that I'm changing quite fast. I've been thrust into a situation where I have hardly any control. I'm having to make choices I didn't want to make. I'm having to do things I've never been comfortable with. It's scary is all. 

Sounds like something where you really need to sit down with a good friend and have a long conversation over. I think that'll help you to better understand yourself and to help approach the situation you've found yourself in. Or maybe you could just make an in depth thread here? The forums certainly could use more activity.

1 minute ago, SirRob said:

Sounds like something where you really need to sit down with a good friend and have a long conversation over. I think that'll help you to better understand yourself and to help approach the situation you've found yourself in. Or maybe you could just make an in depth thread here? The forums certainly could use more activity.

Eheh, that's the thing. My friends all left me. Not that long ago, I was left all alone. I had nothing anymore. That's the sole reason I went back to FaF (then here because this is where the people I liked are at :v). 

Maybe I'll make a thread. It's all entirely personal stuff, so I'm not real sure it's really wanted here? 

1 minute ago, Falaffel said:

Eheh, that's the thing. My friends all left me. Not that long ago, I was left all alone. I had nothing anymore. That's the sole reason I went back to FaF (then here because this is where the people I liked are at :v). 

Maybe I'll make a thread. It's all entirely personal stuff, so I'm not real sure it's really wanted here? 

It's definitely wanted here. We like you, Falaffel. One of the things that I like about this forum is how personal people can be, about themselves, so I definitely encourage it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SirRob said:

It's definitely wanted here. We like you, Falaffel. One of the things that I like about this forum is how personal people can be, about themselves, so I definitely encourage it.

tumblr_lyfak24ejt1ro91bjo1_500.gif

Oh stop it, you~

21 minutes ago, Kosha said:

I feel if I was to talk about my personal politics and philosophies, I'd come off as a neckbeard.

It's not that 'women only go for assholes, I'm a nice guy' logic, right?

giphy.gif