Born in le wrong generation

Rabbit Head

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

US people don't really know about UK slang soooooo

UK slang is filled with ridiculous words for the most part lol

59 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I really can't stand Tracer's voice. I like the character design and playstyle of her but oh my word the moment she opens her mouth I feel like screaming.

It's a tad hypocritical of me to critique someone's English accent but Tracer sounds so goddamn over the top it's ridiculous. Nobody speaks like that IRL not even in England.

100% this. It's like they hired an American voice actress, and said to her 'talk like how you would imagine a Londoner sounds.'

Came here to feel better about myself because I too don't match with my generation much.

Ended up reading a lot of Overwatch discussion.

0/10, thread is disappointingly off topic. Overwatch is unappealing and it's disgusting that talk of it can take over an otherwise interesting thread. ;-;

Sooo... attempt to get it back on topic! I often feel I don't mix with my generation too. I've always had a more mature general outlook than all of the people my age, which is good and bad. The bad side of that is that it makes it up in emotional maturity, I've struggled with that for a long time. I have the thinks, but not the emotions. I also don't care for the "popular" things to do, I'm not "hip" in any sense - always done my own thing. I like pretty much all video games, though I have little exp with older ones because I wasn't allowed to play video games as a kid and had to sneak them, but I do enjoy modern ones quite a bit. Any chance for nostalgia though and I'll take it. I know it's not that old, but I recently got FFX Remaster on PC and I've had more fun playing through that again than I have with almost any other game I've played recently. Same went for when I first got my hands on FF6 for the GBA. I'd get the PC version of that to, but I've been reading some not happy reviews on it that make me nervous. Getting Super Mario on the Wii a few years ago also hit that nostalgia spot real nice-like.

I played the beta and it is okay. I wouldn't call it a TF2 clone, but it is certainly like TF2's more flamboyant younger brother. I am not a fan of shooters, but I found it entertaining.

Anyways, you just do you and play your Quakes, Dooms and Daggerfalls (Daggerfall is awesome imo). Who cares what the conformists think. 

24 minutes ago, Kinare said:

I'd get the PC version of that to, but I've been reading some not happy reviews on it that make me nervous. Getting Super Mario on the Wii a few years ago also hit that nostalgia spot real nice-like.

The art for the remake's subpar, and thats one of the main reasons why people are getting salty over it. 

The 90's were okay, but the good old stuff from that era is still around. Plus some of the new stuff is pretty neat. Gamers and game developers have more options these days, especially considering the accessibility of Unreal and Unity.

• Like 1

Doom got me when I was a kid, those fucking pink monsters that come screaming up out of nowhere... Oooh no thanks. Eugh..

I'll never forget how fun it was to blow those assholes up with the ol BFsomethingsomething after a IDDKFA and a IDDQD :P

I find Tracer's accent sounds a bit Australian... It would fit her personality better methinks.

17 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

I played tf2 once. I'm in the part of the crowd that feels there are much better games out there

Heresy!

I love stuff from the 90s and early 2000s, even though I was very young during that time. I think a lot of people choose to reject modern pop culture because they just choose to dislike it. Take Justin Bieber for example - a lot of people hate him and his music but it doesn't make his music any less valid. And sure, I don't like Buzzfeed either dude but that doesn't mean this generation is going down the shitter because of it. There's some great shit coming out of 2016, you're just choosing to ignore it lad.

5 hours ago, Wax said:

I love stuff from the 90s and early 2000s, even though I was very young during that time. I think a lot of people choose to reject modern pop culture because they just choose to dislike it. Take Justin Bieber for example - a lot of people hate him and his music but it doesn't make his music any less valid. And sure, I don't like Buzzfeed either dude but that doesn't mean this generation is going down the shitter because of it. There's some great shit coming out of 2016, you're just choosing to ignore it lad.

I never insinuated that this generation is going down the shitter or anything like that! 

Why are you making these massive assumptions?

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

I never insinuated that this generation is going down the shitter or anything like that! 

Why are you making these massive assumptions?

Wasn't talking about you specifically, just those YouTube commenters who will refute anything and everything to do with this generation - not just limited to music and video games.

This generation sucks, I wish I was from the 90's...as in the 1790's.

>tfw you will never have your father let you give some uppity negro a whipping

>tfw you will never wake up in the morning to the rich smell of freshly harvested cotton

>tfw you will never live an idyllic life on a plantation as a perfect southern belle

Why even live?

• Like 2

To the argument of "things haven't gone to shit, you just have to look for the good stuff now", I think that's actually pretty telling that things have gone to shit. At least you could find some decent mainstream stuff in the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, root said:

To the argument of "things haven't gone to shit, you just have to look for the good stuff now", I think that's actually pretty telling that things have gone to shit. At least you could find some decent mainstream stuff in the past.

We've always had to go out of our way to find the good stuff. It's just easier to recognize decent mainstream stuff in retrospect.

• Like 1

i remember one summer in my glorious youth, working at Boston Market massacring whole chickens into dinner for fat rude Texans, smoking shitty mexiblunts with my manager out back. I was itching to get off because I wanted to go pick up a copy of twisted metal 2 and rock that shot all weekend. I remember when school didn't have metal detectors and you could get away with anything. I used to drive my car for hours at night and fill up for less than 20 bucks. Fake IDs were a copy shop away, and the internet was still cool...