No Man's Sky

Osrik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a bad experience with a NMS fan that really soured my view of the game. My girlfriend and I didn't enjoy the game, it had technical issues, and we naturally wanted to see if we could get a refund because $60 is $60. This guy passionately defended the game, which is fine, but boy did he make it personal. This guy was screaming, yelling, cussing, insulting, and slamming his fist on the table as he told us "people like you are selfish and you are what's wrong with gaming." He kept calling my girlfriend ignorant and flipping her off and yelling and stuff. I started having a panic attack and it got to the point to where I started yelling too, just begging for the whole conversation to end because I was at the point where if I heard one more insult or saw one more middle finger get raised, I was going to beat the shit out of this guy in our friend's home.

I'm willing to maybe give the game another try if updates and stuff make it better in time, but if that's the way the fanbase is going to act then I kinda hope it dies.

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

I had a bad experience with a NMS fan that really soured my view of the game. My girlfriend and I didn't enjoy the game, it had technical issues, and we naturally wanted to see if we could get a refund because $60 is $60. This guy passionately defended the game, which is fine, but boy did he make it personal. This guy was screaming, yelling, cussing, insulting, and slamming his fist on the table as he told us "people like you are selfish and you are what's wrong with gaming." He kept calling my girlfriend ignorant and flipping her off and yelling and stuff. I started having a panic attack and it got to the point to where I started yelling too, just begging for the whole conversation to end because I was at the point where if I heard one more insult or saw one more middle finger get raised, I was going to beat the shit out of this guy in our friend's home.

I'm willing to maybe give the game another try if updates and stuff make it better in time, but if that's the way the fanbase is going to act then I kinda hope it dies.

I've encountered these type of people on both sides... obsessive fanboys as well as obsessive haters. I had a person calling me an idiot and fanboy for simply saying that I enjoyed the game with reservations, he couldn't accept anything besides rage as a reaction to the game. I think it is inevitable to have both groups with a game so over-hyped.

I did enjoy the game quite a bit at first, despite it not being what was promised, but after about 20 hours of game play, I simply lost all interest in it. All of a sudden, I just had no desire to play it any more, the repetitive game play and mostly bland planets (though I did find a few scenic ones) eventually outweighed the aspects I enjoyed about it. For a game billed in part on its replayability, I would say 20 hours is a pretty poor showing.

Hopefully they do make some major free updates to the game, but many of the flaws are so deeply embedded in the game that I am unsure if they will be able to fix the more fundamental problems.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

DAE LE NO MAN'S SKY IS LE BAD XDXDXDXD NO MAN'S BUY NO MAN'S BUY XDXDXD I'M HILARIOUS AND ORIGINAL

i understand your frustration; however keep in mind that--as i mentioned earlier--this is the game that universities are literally using in classes this year to teach developers how not to do things. 

so maybe theres a reason

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Oh come on

I know people are disappointed but there are far worse games on Steam

Usually those games aren't $60 with 2 years of Destiny level hype and unfulfilled promises.
The Overwhelmingly Negative is an aggregate of thousands of players. So if that many people are voting negatively, then something must be seriously wrong.