An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

12 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Never been killed by a Reaper while playing as Mei. Also hitting Pharah just takes good aim.

Good aim is rather hard (for most Meis) against a constantly moving, possibly distant, airborne target while using a semi auto projectile weapon with start up on each shot. Especially when you're getting pelted and knocked around by high damaging missiles with splash damage or get disrupted by a concussion blast. And a good airborne/high ground Pharah is not going to care about Mei's frankly paltry self healing. 
Pharah's jump nullifies Mei's Left Click, her E, and her Q 100% of the time. That's three critical abilities made absolutely useless by the press of a shift regardless of whether Mei is in the process of freezing her. She's then at the mercy of her blaster like anyone else with a gun. All of this, of course, assumes you aren't getting focused.
But, if you do get a Pharah kill in that situation, you're just in general decent at the shooting stuff. Nothing really to do with Mei assuming Pharah was aware of you.

Reaper can't do as much, yeah, but his counter to her is his wraith form. You probably won't kill her all the time, but you'll live at least more often than any other grounded targets. Get in, soften her up, when things get too cold, get out, and go to a teammate if she's tailing you. Mei's freezing potential is the least of my problems with her usually. But if all else fails, Hanzo and WidowMaker.
The main problems I have are getting walled out so getting close to her becomes a serious dilemma. I actually get killed by other people because of Mei reducing my options.

Seriously, where do people find this many assholes in this game? I've only ever had 2 people go on voice chat and they were just...talking. And that was back in beta. Keep in mind, I play with randies ALL the fucking time both ranked and quickplay. I've only ever had 2 people be toxic but it was basic "you're bad" stuff and never directed at me. Actually, I had one person tell me I was playing badly but like...I was (I never played Mei until that match)? And it wasn't like "You suck shit, we're gonna lose because of you, faggot." It was just "Mei, you're doing terrible. You need to switch." So I did.

I've never had this issue. Not saying it's exaggerated, but my games are always quiet.

I'll sometimes ask people to not play certain characters on certain maps, but if they do work then it's no biggie to me. Had someone play Torbjorn on my team on Ilios, we asked him to switch and he was like "Nah, I got this." And he wasn't wrong, he had it, so I was like "Yo, good shit, play Torb if you want."

8 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I never ask randies to switch. I just feel it's pretty shitty, especially in quickplay. Only time I listen to people who tell me to switch anymore is when they want "All Mei, All Day". :^)

Oh yeah I never ask it in quick play, only in competitive. Who gives a fuck if you lose in quick play, it's just for fun lol

https://gyazo.com/1e58d32847e0d75dcaacfb2c2244875f

I'm done.

EDIT: I'll be completely honest though. The stuff in Overwatch like the skins and whatnot are great, but I always found them pointless. It's a first person shooter and a competitive game so I'm never really going to be worried about seeing any of it in game. Spam my sprays/emotes/voice lines that I didn't make for the 40 seconds before deployment then forget I have them. It's not like anything is actually customized. And I can just view everything in the hero gallery if I really want to see it anyway in full detail. Hell, it's better to just look at things in the hero gallery since I can zoom in, see the character models at their fullest resolution, and just view it for how long I want.

That's why I don't really care about levels. I guess it's good since I don't have to worry about increasing my level for anything since there's zero benefit for me.

Friend ask why I'm not using my griefhardt skin as its legendary, I tell em: "Sure I have Griefhardt...but I dont like it cause I prefer the skins his face is out in the open. I want you to see grandpa's face as he charge you down, I want you to look him dead in the eyes as we both fall off the edge of the map"
Just cause you have a legendary skin you gotta use that automatically, I get skins base on how much I like em

4 minutes ago, Deskai said:

Friend ask why I'm not using my griefhardt skin as its legendary, I tell em: "Sure I have Griefhardt...but I dont like it cause I prefer the skins his face is out in the open. I want you to see grandpa's face as he charge you down, I want you to look him dead in the eyes as we both fall off the edge of the map"
Just cause you have a legendary skin you gotta use that automatically, I get skins base on how much I like em

One of my first legendaries I got was Stonehardt, and I've been using it ever since. I love his adorable grandpa face.

14 minutes ago, Deskai said:

I have the lionhardt to that one, but I still use Bundeswehr cause: "Tactical Grandpa, these charges just come out of nowhere"

I love the look on his face when I get POTG and he does his stretches and breaks his back.

And I get Rein POTG's surprisingly often. :B

On 11/10/2016 at 2:48 AM, Lucyfish said:

Finally figured out why my stats were stuck, I was only looking at quick play stats.

I have over 150 hours in Overwatch, more than any other game I currently own including Street Fighter. My most played character is also no longer Reaper, it's Reinhardt.

mines still Lucio followed by Reinhardt...
I blame competitive as even in quick play I play those two the most. Just in Competitive I play D.va the third most and in quick play its symmetra

On 11/10/2016 at 2:48 AM, Lucyfish said:

Finally figured out why my stats were stuck, I was only looking at quick play stats.

I have over 150 hours in Overwatch, more than any other game I currently own including Street Fighter. My most played character is also no longer Reaper, it's Reinhardt.

Mine immediately became Ana. I played exclusively her for 16 hours straight of in game time when she came out. It's only increased since then. She's my favorite character in any competitive game even topping Rob in Smash 4. 
Just constantly doing something, like god. It's so fun. Just SHOOT everything.