An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

9 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

tumblr_oozshxEKZN1tgb6wyo1_1280.png

tumblr_op03j7WMDM1tgb6wyo1_400.png

I keep on forgetting i'm not on the bad side of tumblr...then again my blog is nsfw thus that side don't really care for me...

I mean what item do they want, I mean I like the Korean officer uniform, especially since "shes wearing pants, blizzard could of gone with skirt but they went with PANTS which is legit..."

I don't particularly respect the majority of cops, but my first thought was "new Dva skin, cool" not "Blizzard is trying to keep the African American race subjugated through subliminal police worship via optional costumes for their Korean mecha pilot character".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I would say that would be a stretch but it being blizzard cause when they do references they tend to be HEAVILY blatant about it or "eh close enough" but close enough happens less than the blatant stuff

Lt._Morales_Master_2.jpg

Samus Aran

314px-Kharazim_Veradani_Monk_3.jpg

Aang from Last airbender

I think the cop skin is bleh (especially the mech... really?) but damn is tumblr filled with whiners.

Then again I'm starting to like Orisa as a tank better. And I'm thinking of trying to learn Rein because a lot of matches people seem to whine that someone needs to play Rein and, even though I'm not great with him, I like tanks and might be willing to take that role.

The current event is fun though getting repetitive and I'm getting somewhat tired of it, considering I've been grinding for loot boxes. I've probably gotten about 20 loot boxes so far and no event skins... really? Thanks Blizzard. I would like all these fucking sprays and icons, I don't have enough.

And people weren't kidding that hard is a huge increase from normal. I don't think I've won hard without cheating yet. Normal is pretty easy unless you're playing All Heroes and pick a shit team, or do something stupid. I've lost at normal because of no healers, or the entire team being nothing but weak dps or support characters. Once I lost at the very end because I was playing Rein and I charged that Bastian in the top corner at the end of the level, and then died, and then the rest of my team attempted to rez me instead of just attacking the two orisas, and then they all died as well.

I have found that Orisa works pretty well in Uprising though. Zeniyatta does pretty decent as well because his discord orbs do serious damage to enemy bastians, orisas, and the shield guys if you can get it around their shields.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

In my experience Orisa and Bastion are the two best characters in Uprising.

I think Mercy and Bastion are like...mandatory on all difficulties. Mercy's res is fucking invaluable and she can buff Bastion. The setup I find works best in Expert mode is Bastion, Symmetra, Mercy, Torbs. Symmetra is shockingly good for this. Proper turret placement can snare up the enemies. It's just damage stacking for weeks. On top of Mercy buffing Bastion, Symmetra melts enemies with her turrets and gun, they won't hunt for her shield generator which has busted range even for the payload transit,  and she has a barrier that works in a pinch. But Bastion units go down like a discorded AFK Tracer when she sets up for their spawn. And torbs armor buffs on the player Bastion makes him a beefy tank.
The first time I beat it with randoms was with that comp and every other time I use it with my friends we win. I feel like in Legendary I make it further with Bastion, Mercy, Reinhardt, and Orisa. But definitely those 6 are the most viable options for Expert or Legendary imo.

Someone told me that if you're trying to beat Uprising on higher levels, at the very end ignore the first orisa and just go around killing all the Bastians and other bots. Apparently not killing that orisa keeps the others from spawning.

Also, I picked up some okay skins, nothing from Uprising besides Torbs. And D.va's selfie vid.

Edit: That moment you're in random character mode and the opposite team gets all their mains, including that fucking mei.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I'm disappointed that you can't go back and purchase skins from previous events, like last Summer event or the Halloween event. They sit on your character skin screen, mocking you because you can't purchase them with in game gold.

I really think Blizzard needs to rework their loot boxes, among other things. Tired of getting a billion sprays and player icons and things I've already gotten. Some of my characters still have their original skins, and over half still have their original emotes, highlight pose, and victory pose. I decided to write down every thing I'd want for each character and do the math... if I tried to get at least one emote, one of each pose, and one non-default-recoloring skin, I'd have to spend 11,800 gold. 18000 if I got everything I wanted. Ain't no one playing that game blizzard assholes. Maybe we need micro-transactions like TF2 and all their hats and different weapons. About the only good thing is for my mains I have almost everything I want. D.va I'm satisfied with, even though I just have her Carbon Fiber skin which is one of my favorites anyway. Orisa I still have the default skin, even though I'm playing her a lot more. Some of the characters I barely play though, like Zeniyatta, Zaria, McCree, and Widowmaker, I now have 1000g skins for them even though I rarely use them. Ana, Genji, Junk, Lucio, Mercy, Mei, Orisa, Rein, Symmetra I have recolor default skins... Roadhog I still have THE default skin.

I also found out I actually like the user custom-made games MORE than I like the built in games. Last night I decided to take a look at them for the first time. I started out with "Mercy paintball" which seems a common mode, it's a map with only mercy. In this case it was elimination, one-shot-kill, and full ult charge if you kill someone. So just going around shooting people and trying to rez your teammates. Occasionally the host would make it melee only so then it was a bunch of Mercies running around trying to pistol whip each other.

Another map was pure insanity. Random Character and Skirmish. Some characters were nerfed to fuck (probably ones the host hated).
Zeni and Symmetra was normal but could move 1/4th speed.
Winston couldn't move, just jump. No attacks or ult.
Sombra couldn't move either, she had to move via teleporter. No cloak.
Widomaker had no weapons, just grappling hook and poison.
Mercy was literally worthless, she could only boost people.
D.va was a crapshoot, no weapons or shield, but infinite boosters, so you could fly and ram people.
Other characters were broken and god-moded:
Reinhart had no cooldown for anything, and moved 2x speed. Infinite shield, fireballs, ramming.
Lucio was 3x speed and no cooldowns either.
Pharah no cooldown, infinite flying, but rockets had no splash damage.
Tracer couldn't move, but infinite jumps and reverses. Infinite ammo.
McCree had infinite ammo. Literally. No reloads. If you hit second trigger it just spammed bullets forever.
The worst was Roadhog which I got once. 2000 health, infinite hook. 1/2 speed. Gun only had one shot per reload. It was enough. I had 30 kills before I died.

It's too bad those custom games don't give you exp or loot boxes because I'd spend all the time there.

18 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I have to say that I'm disappointed that you can't go back and purchase skins from previous events, like last Summer event or the Halloween event. They sit on your character skin screen, mocking you because you can't purchase them with in game gold.

I really think Blizzard needs to rework their loot boxes, among other things. Tired of getting a billion sprays and player icons and things I've already gotten. Some of my characters still have their original skins, and over half still have their original emotes, highlight pose, and victory pose. I decided to write down every thing I'd want for each character and do the math... if I tried to get at least one emote, one of each pose, and one non-default-recoloring skin, I'd have to spend 11,800 gold. 18000 if I got everything I wanted. Ain't no one playing that game blizzard assholes. Maybe we need micro-transactions like TF2 and all their hats and different weapons. About the only good thing is for my mains I have almost everything I want. D.va I'm satisfied with, even though I just have her Carbon Fiber skin which is one of my favorites anyway. Orisa I still have the default skin, even though I'm playing her a lot more. Some of the characters I barely play though, like Zeniyatta, Zaria, McCree, and Widowmaker, I now have 1000g skins for them even though I rarely use them. Ana, Genji, Junk, Lucio, Mercy, Mei, Orisa, Rein, Symmetra I have recolor default skins... Roadhog I still have THE default skin.

Blizzard actually plans to allow old event skins to be bought eventually as they plan for the skins you get from doing HotS events to be bought in overwatch. When? who knows but it is being planned for.

18 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I also found out I actually like the user custom-made games MORE than I like the built in games. Last night I decided to take a look at them for the first time. I started out with "Mercy paintball" which seems a common mode, it's a map with only mercy. In this case it was elimination, one-shot-kill, and full ult charge if you kill someone. So just going around shooting people and trying to rez your teammates. Occasionally the host would make it melee only so then it was a bunch of Mercies running around trying to pistol whip each other.

Another map was pure insanity. Random Character and Skirmish. Some characters were nerfed to fuck (probably ones the host hated).
Zeni and Symmetra was normal but could move 1/4th speed.
Winston couldn't move, just jump. No attacks or ult.
Sombra couldn't move either, she had to move via teleporter. No cloak.
Widomaker had no weapons, just grappling hook and poison.
Mercy was literally worthless, she could only boost people.
D.va was a crapshoot, no weapons or shield, but infinite boosters, so you could fly and ram people.
Other characters were broken and god-moded:
Reinhart had no cooldown for anything, and moved 2x speed. Infinite shield, fireballs, ramming.
Lucio was 3x speed and no cooldowns either.
Pharah no cooldown, infinite flying, but rockets had no splash damage.
Tracer couldn't move, but infinite jumps and reverses. Infinite ammo.
McCree had infinite ammo. Literally. No reloads. If you hit second trigger it just spammed bullets forever.
The worst was Roadhog which I got once. 2000 health, infinite hook. 1/2 speed. Gun only had one shot per reload. It was enough. I had 30 kills before I died.

It's too bad those custom games don't give you exp or loot boxes because I'd spend all the time there.

folks who was abusing custom games sadly was the cause of the no exp and thus lootboxes. Like there were rooms where folks just can idle to get exp and loot boxes

• Like 1

They've said before that if you don't get the skins you want, they're unlocked for you to try again next year. So I expect in a month or so we'll be able to try to get Summer Games skins again, and I'll get another crack at Mercy's Swiss flag skin.

On a semi related note. I saw this tweet about people who apparently cosplayed an Overwatch character and got berated for it because they weren't the right color.

https://twitter.com/KrissyVictory/status/864692779242450945

I mean I kinda get, authenticity and all....but...it's fucking cosplay? I know it's not a problem strictly with Overwatch itself but thought it was interesting...

• Like 1

I remember when some people got all butthurt because a Korean cosplayer did Sombra, went full out including shaving the patterns into her hair, and decided to get a tan to closer match Sombra's skin color. SJWs shit themselves, claiming blackface, and the poor cosplayer seemed like she would never cosplay as the character again.

Or, when the person who cosplayed as Garnet from Steven Universe, and gave herself brown skin. My only issue with that is technically Garnet has dark reddish skin, not black, even if she is invoking 70's blacksploitation and funk.

Blackface was deliberately designed to make blacks look like chimps and inferior people. A cosplayer changing skin tone is not that. People are damn idiots.

4 hours ago, Deskai said:

nothing worst than a bastion bragging about golds and I have to go: Its easy to get gold in damage...if all you do is shoot at shields...

That's like Reinhardt bragging about golds in blocking.
Like, bitch that's your job. Go on back to back 25+ killstreaks like I've been doing all day. lol

So now they're doing a 1 year anniversary event, right after the Uprising event. That was quick.

I haven't jumped on to play it yet but I've seen video of people playing in some kind of forest with stonework buildings, kinda like Eichenwalde but with way more trees. The new skins look interesting.  I was never a fan of Lucio's legendary frog skin, and I think this one is 1000 times better. Genji's looks like a tribute to Kamen/Super Sentai and is one of his best skins. Hanzo's skin is probably my favorite of his as well. I also like Bastian's skin. Beekeeper Mei is cute. Zaria's skin makes her look like a giant robot chicken. 76's skin is okay, but what's with the Starfox robofeet? I could care less about the other skins.

Good luck getting them all though. I've been sitting here thinking that maybe, instead of getting 5g if you get a duplicate, maybe you should get the value of the duplicate you got? Get a spray or line or something and it's 250g instead.

I'm also a bit disappointed with what skins are available for OW characters in HOTS that aren't available in OW. Specifically, this skin for DVa and this skin for Genji, which I'd like to see available for OW but it's likely not to happen. If you know 90s anime you'll recognize those skins.

Got a legendary skin.... it's one of bastian's regular legendaries and not an event skin. Yet, a friend just started playing the game because of the free weekend, and he already has hanzo's event skin and one of mei's legendary skins. I don't know what he's doing to do so well.

Speaking of the free weekend it seems to have brought out the new players along with the assholes. There have been times my team have blown through the opposition, either because we're just that good, or because the enemy was just filled with new people. I think it's the second one.

Had two irritating situations while playing. First one, we were attacking on rt 66, and someone said we needed a healer, so I switched to mercy. Spent the entire round dying because a pro-genji and a pharah (and occasionally a junkrat) would flank behind the payload and go directly after me and kill me over and over again. No support from team. I can't be mad forever because I sometimes don't defend mercy well.

Second one was playing 3x3 elimination. I get on this server where this stupid teenager over voice chat has to nitpick and micromanage us other two players, complaining about everything, calling us noobs and stupid. It got so bad when I walked into a door while dva and heard symmetra's laser sound. So, of course the first thing I do is turn around and check around the door for sentries. I don't see anything and I'm frantically looking around and I finally found symmetra and start shooting her, but then I die. He's calling me a noob, idiot, terrible, I suck, all sorts of shit. Dva's shield doesn't block symmetra's beams anyway. Next round he's still going at it, we're halfway from winning, and I just said fuck it and logged out of the game, leaving him 2 vs 3. Fuck his ass, he can lose now.

I honestly wanted to find his mcmansion the little bitch lives at with his non-spanking-participation-trophy-giving helecopter parents and tie them up and kick his ass in front of them, to teach his shit parents how they should have punished his pussy punk ass.

Gonna get worse now that competition is over and I have to deal with all those fucking overly competitive gold and diamond and platinum fucks.