An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

8 hours ago, XoPachi said:

I swear, Reaper is top. Top 5 at the absolute least. You kind of have to gang up on him or snipe him Don't give him a chance to escape or chase him down.

I let reapers float away

I dont have time to fall for that bait as "If he cant kill me now, he isnt gonna kill me later"

Hey guys, pretty soon I wanted to do a recording of this game for a Let's Play type of a deal. Anybody interested in hopping on a mic and being a part of it? It would be more comedy oriented, so being tryhards and winning all the time wouldn't be the top priority.

That made me sad :c.

Anywho, I played the game with some family members. I've got to admit, I was wrong. Playing this game with other people whom you actually communicate with? It's a lot of fun, and a lot of strategy goes into it that I just didn't see. Playing solo is still very "meh" but if I can get some people to play with, even just one, this game is great. I'll go eat my hat now. 

I'll be buying the game for myself later today, I guess. I have caved. I am a weak man :c

Edit: By "strategy" I mean someone yelling "AH, FUCK, THERE'S A GENJI, HALP, NOOOOOOOOO" and then everyone laughing and refusing to help. This is the type of strategy I'm into.

6 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Hey guys, pretty soon I wanted to do a recording of this game for a Let's Play type of a deal. Anybody interested in hopping on a mic and being a part of it? It would be more comedy oriented, so being tryhards and winning all the time wouldn't be the top priority.

I have no idea what a ``Let's Play'' is, but I'm always up for playing with other people here and I do have a working mic.

1 hour ago, Onnes said:

I have no idea what a ``Let's Play'' is, but I'm always up for playing with other people here and I do have a working mic.

Basically I will record around 2 hours of gameplay and voice chat, and then go through it all and edit together the coolest/funniest moments into a compilation for people on Youtube to enjoy.

Got it. Kea#11409

16 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Basically I will record around 2 hours of gameplay and voice chat, and then go through it all and edit together the coolest/funniest moments into a compilation for people on Youtube to enjoy.

I'd be up for joining. My throats all healed up and I can talk again! 

Y'know, if I'm awake whenever you do it, that is.

I've been trying to play with other characters and so far, I've really enjoyed D.Va and Zenyatta

also I'm kinda tempted to just say fuck it and get the PC version too. partially because I'm gonna hold off on getting the desktop fixed, but also because I wanna try and play Overwatch while I'm on vacation

10 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Sure I guess.

I've always wanted to become not-famous!

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

Well. I've had Dva's on my team. I fought Dva's on the opposing team. So I finally decided to play her myself finally.

Garbage. 

We didn't lose and I still went positive, but seriously. She's fucking awful.

She's the only hero for which buffs have been announced already by Blizzard. That definitely says something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Game fucked up and now it's calling me a rage quiter and this "Don't leave matches asshole" message won't go away.

wtf

You probably got caught in the rather broken afk-kick system. Overwatch only allows something like a minute of inactivity before it boots you, and it doesn't care at all whether you are still loading or still connecting during that period of time. So if something goes wrong and you fail to enter a game, it'll count as you having quit a match.

2 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Well. I've had Dva's on my team. I fought Dva's on the opposing team. So I finally decided to play her myself finally.

Garbage. 

of course she is...and of course how ya tend to play contribute to her being aweful...

1 hour ago, Deskai said:

of course she is...and of course how ya tend to play contribute to her being aweful...

2 hours ago, Onnes said:

She's the only hero for which buffs have been announced already by Blizzard. That definitely says something.

She's bad. lol

Don't even try it, Deskai.

I'm really starting to wonder how exactly Blizzard bans people. There's been a whole bunch of players accounting how they may actually be banning your HWID. That's amazing if it's true. 

3 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Garbage. 

D.va is not good at all. Her damage is laughable. Almost all characters can kill her before she kills them. 
However! D.va is all armor, so it makes most high fire rate characters absolutely useless. Like Tracer? Only does 3 damage per shot, instead of 6. Half damage. This makes a Mercy - D.Va combo really good. If D.va gets a decent damage buff, here plus mercy will be a scary thing, I think (but probably not OP still).

Though, as it is, all the other tanks do her job so much better than she can.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

D.va is not good at all. Her damage is laughable. Almost all characters can kill her before she kills them. 
However! D.va is all armor, so it makes most high fire rate characters absolutely useless. Like Tracer? Only does 3 damage per shot, instead of 6. Half damage. This makes a Mercy - D.Va combo really good. If D.va gets a decent damage buff, here plus mercy will be a scary thing, I think (but probably not OP still).

One of her biggest issues is that if the mech is facing you then it's hard to shoot at it and not get a headshot. Its 'head' is large and dead center. This ends up negating a lot of the benefit she would otherwise have from her large health and armor pool.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I'm really starting to wonder how exactly Blizzard bans people. There's been a whole bunch of players accounting how they may actually be banning your HWID. That's amazing if it's true. 

Shit, not even just tanks. She's basically a smorgasbord of gimped moves from other characters that are more unique and do their job way better than Dva does hers.

I've seen the Mercy + Dva comp. I wish it was better, but once you take out Mercy (not hard) Dva's completely fucked. I've heard that Dva can absorb Mei's ult, but let's be real. How often is that honestly going to happen with how immediate her ult is and how slow Dva is? A smart Mei will just...not toss it in her general direction. I have seen Dva's ult destroy Mei, but again, like I said earlier it's disproportionately situational. And it's wasted on ONE character. The only people Dva can really "counter" are supports and Lucio can just dancer around her and push her away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Shit, not even just tanks. She's basically a smorgasbord of gimped moves from other characters that are more unique and do their job way better than Dva does hers.

I've seen the Mercy + Dva comp. I wish it was better, but once you take out Mercy (not hard) Dva's completely fucked. I've heard that Dva can absorb Mei's ult, but let's be real. How often is that honestly going to happen with how immediate her ult is and how slow Dva is? A smart Mei will just...not toss it in her general direction. I have seen Dva's ult destroy Mei, but again, like I said earlier it's disproportionately situational. And it's wasted on ONE character. The only people Dva can really "counter" are supports and Lucio can just dancer around her and push her away.

I'm pretty sure it does, yeah. Most projectiles. I believe it also zaps Hanzo's ult before the arrow turns into the dragons. I know it zaps Zarya's ult, if it's mid-air.

D.Va is almost good. I wish her defense matrix did something cool like increased her damage for an amount of damage absorbed. 

• Like 1

Yeah if it did fucking anything, it'd make her viable. Maybe absorbed bullets restore health for nearby teammates with a visible radius. Other tanks don't do that. And it would make her MUCH more of a problem and critical asset to a team. It would also justify it being so linear.

• Like 1

I can not get a single game where some annoying ass teen isn't yelling at the team for being "bad".

Not even when we're fucking dominating. 

The salt in this game is unreal. I feel like I'm playing some shitty MOBA or something, good fucking god.

1 minute ago, Falaffel said:

I can not get a single game where some annoying ass teen isn't yelling at the team for being "bad".

Not even when we're fucking dominating. 

The salt in this game is unreal. I feel like I'm playing some shitty MOBA or something, good fucking god.

That's what happens when popular games are rated T, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I guess. 
It just makes me never want to play the game without at least one other friend.But I want to be better for when I do play with people :c

Just now, Falaffel said:

I guess. 
It just makes me never want to play the game without at least one other friend.But I want to be better for when I do play with people :c

I absolutely refuse to play the game alone, to be honest.

>teenagers. there's your problem :v

I actually haven't experienced many whiny kids yet, but maybe that's because I'm on PS4 and there's probably way more people playing it on PC. fun fact though, I bought a mic for the sole purpose of being able to yell at annoying kids online :P

4 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I feel like Blizzard misnamed a couple characters. Shouldn't it be Roadrat and Junkhog?

Cuz like, Roadhog shoots junk out of his gun and Junkrat is always talking about engines and has a wheel as his ultimate.

But Junkrat collects junk and Roadhog, I would assume, rides a motorcycle

Just now, willow said:

But Junkrat collects junk and Roadhog, I would assume, rides a motorcycle

I ain't seen him collecting no junk in the actual game. Nor do I see Roadhog on a motorcycle. o3o

Seems to me like Junkrat has almost nothing to do with junk and everything to do with the road, and vise-versa with Roadhog.

1 minute ago, willow said:

>teenagers. there's your problem :v

I actually haven't experienced many whiny kids yet, but maybe that's because I'm on PS4 and there's probably way more people playing it on PC. fun fact though, I bought a mic for the sole purpose of being able to yell at annoying kids online :P

Well, on PS4 you can't hide behind text chat like a tough guy. 

That's the real issue. 

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

I ain't seen him collecting no junk in the actual game. Nor do I see Roadhog on a motorcycle. o3o

Seems to me like Junkrat has almost nothing to do with junk and everything to do with the road, and vise-versa with Roadhog.

the Wiki has a lot of the backstory and so do the comics, yo

1 minute ago, Falaffel said:

Well, on PS4 you can't hide behind text chat like a tough guy. 

That's the real issue. 

true lol. not gonna lie but I miss the days when people would get overly pissy about things over voice. it was always funny to hear their reactions when you finally told them to shut up

3 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I think that's a really bad trope, honestly. If you want your game to have lore, put it in the god-forsaken game. That's so dumb.

It's something, nonetheless.

I agree more should be in game, but there isn't. so :/

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

I think that's a really bad trope, honestly. If you want your game to have lore, put it in the god-forsaken game. That's so dumb.

this is kinda why I was hoping there'd be a campaign mode or something to give more backstory about the actual events of the game, but I can also see why that'd be kind of a huge undertaking since there's so many characters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, willow said:

this is kinda why I was hoping there'd be a campaign mode or something to give more backstory about the actual events of the game, but I can also see why that'd be kind of a huge undertaking since there's so many characters

Battleborn did it fine.

1 minute ago, willow said:

it really isn't. I know fighting games tend to do the same thing, but those story modes tend to be kind of short. at least in my experience

Yar. 8 missions, each about 40 minutes. There's replayability to it, too.

However, if you're not a fan of Gearbox's way of doing things in Borderlands, then you probably won't enjoy Battleborn's story campaign. 

I make fun of Battleborn, but I really don't think it looks like a bad game at all. I'd get it during a sale. It's really just...ugly. And it has that obnoxious Ratchet and Clank humor that I stopped finding funny in 6th grade. WAY more than Borderlands. Not trying to look like a man of exquisite taste, but I can't stand Gearbox humor anymore. Some bits were funny in Borderlands 2, but it got grating.

1 minute ago, XoPachi said:

I make fun of Battleborn, but I really don't think it looks like a bad game at all. I'd get it during a sale. It's really just...ugly. And it has that obnoxious Ratchet and Clank humor that I stopped finding funny in 6th grade. WAY more than Borderlands. Not trying to look like a man of exquisite taste, but I can't stand Gearbox humor anymore. Some bits were funny in Borderlands 2, but it got grating.

It does look ugly in most places, but I got used to it and actually appreciated the stylistic choices they made. 

The humour isn't always bad. A lot of it is hit or miss, though. I only have a few characters I genuinely like. Some are flat out annoying, though. The voice acting is mostly fantastic, too. 

I've put near 150 hours into the game. I think it's great. I still prefer it to Overwatch. However, Overwatch is much more casual and I actually have people to play with on it, so whatever :v. They fill different roles. I enjoy both. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XoPachi said:

So what your saying is that you have this giant supertank that absorbs damage like nothing else and does...nothing. I'd rather have Winston or something since he may not absorb as much damage (idk if that's true but for argument's sake) as D.VA, he can single-handedly fuck up an entire team in ways D.VA can only dream of.

4 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

lol like that's ever stopped anyone. Call of Duty is rated M y'know.