An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

I caved over the weekend and grabbed it on the PS4 (you can find me at RalphieSaeed) I'm at level 16 because I don't play it 6 hours a day and I'm not stupidly good at shooting things.

I am enjoying Mei, Reinheart, and Pharrah as my top 3.

One thing I didn't see mentioned (and no I didn't read every page before posting) is how the play of the games feel like they're given at random, and that something that has happened as that super play, is crap.

I may finally be able to play on PC now that I've hopefully gotten the problem fixed. currently installing it right now

6 minutes ago, Punnchy said:

One thing I didn't see mentioned (and no I didn't read every page before posting) is how the play of the games feel like they're given at random, and that something that has happened as that super play, is crap.

depends, but it's usually given to the player who kills the most people in a short amount of time. like killing four players with one use of your ultimate

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

Caved in and got the game. It's a lot of fun and if anyone else has it for ps4, Im always in need of a more cohesive team.

PS4!??!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Punnchy said:

I caved over the weekend and grabbed it on the PS4 (you can find me at RalphieSaeed) I'm at level 16 because I don't play it 6 hours a day and I'm not stupidly good at shooting things.

I am enjoying Mei, Reinheart, and Pharrah as my top 3.

I'll add you when I get home.

9 hours ago, Toshabi said:

PS4!??!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Drama queen

18 hours ago, Punnchy said:

It's based on points. 

Early on in the game's development, there was an overall point system, instead of it being categorized. I can only assume these things are still at play in the background and make play of the games out of times where there is a sudden jump in points earned. 

There's also 4 types of PotGs. 

• High Score: Features large killstreaks or multikills.
  • Lifesaver: Features actions taken to prevent a teammate from elimination.

• Shutdown: Features an action taken to prevent an enemy from doing something of large impact, such as using an Ultimate ability.

• Sharpshooter: Features difficult kills, determined by speed, accuracy, and other factors.

I'm not sure how Sharpshooter is calculated tbh. 
Shutdown is the most interesting one. It basically means the game has calculated what could have happened a few seconds into the future. It's calculated that, if you hadn't killed the McCree yelling "It's high noon", this many people would have been killed. That's pretty cool, I think. 

You usually see lifesaver if you kill a roadhog mid-chain. Or a Reinhardt who just ulted. 

20 hours ago, willow said:

I may finally be able to play on PC now that I've hopefully gotten the problem fixed. currently installing it right now

depends, but it's usually given to the player who kills the most people in a short amount of time. like killing four players with one use of your ultimate

Found a play of the game that wasn't due to someone's ultimate, junkrat, of all folks.

I'm not sure how steep the learning curve is on this whole mouse and keyboard shit, but the fact that my computer lags a bit doesn't really help that much. also it looks ugly :u

on the bright side, I think I'm about 50/50 in matches right now

6 minutes ago, willow said:

I'm not sure how steep the learning curve is on this whole mouse and keyboard shit, but the fact that my computer lags a bit doesn't really help that much. also it looks ugly :u

on the bright side, I think I'm about 50/50 in matches right now

When you get used to it, you'll literally have more options, dexterity, and precision. The disadvantage of someone on gamepad vs someone on K&M is hilariously apparent.

Just now, XoPachi said:

When you get used to it, you'll literally have more options, dexterity, and precision. The disadvantage of someone on gamepad vs someone on K&M is hilariously apparent.

yeah I can honestly tell the difference between the two. like I'm not horrible with it, but the leap from console to PC is considerably big. I actually tried using the gamepad I have to see how it worked, but it's kind of clunky to use. I also tried using this, because I really like using it to play WoW but couldn't really get the key binding to work right

thank goodness I'm still in the low levels though so I can blame my badness on being new :v

2 minutes ago, willow said:

thank goodness I'm still in the low levels though so I can blame my badness on being new :v

Your mouse handling will improve over time, but the people that complain loudly and publicly about their teammates will do so no matter how good you are.

2 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Your mouse handling will improve over time, but the people that complain loudly and publicly about their teammates will do so no matter how good you are.

I've pretty much come to expect this from the moment I bought the game :u

On 6/20/2016 at 2:34 PM, XoPachi said:

Da Rules

tumblr_o931q79Tyv1tgb6wyo1_500.jpg

WinstonxTracer what the FUCK he would rip her in half

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I may get it Wednesday.

my btag's Frostfyre#1616.

If we're talking about doing contests, we should perhaps organize a Phoenix Ov-fur-watch tourney.

I highly doubt we'd have enough people to form teams for a tournament.

Mercy went right next to Dva as my least favorite character. Not saying she sucks like Dva or at all. I just hate her.  

Boring as shit, easy to kill, can't defend herself (and don't tell me "but she's a support" because even Symmetra can somewhat defend herself against small fries like Rat and Tracer). Mercy's just heal, die, heal, die, heal, die, revive, heal, die, heal, die. How is this fun? lol

Well as far as actually playing goes. Dva, Hanzo, and Genji are my least favorites in terms of being characters. I like Mercy as a character.

8 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Mercy went right next to Dva as my least favorite character. Not saying she sucks like Dva or at all. I just hate her.  

Boring as shit, easy to kill, can't defend herself (and don't tell me "but she's a support" because even Symmetra can somewhat defend herself against small fries like Rat and Tracer). Mercy's just heal, die, heal, die, heal, die, revive, heal, die, heal, die. How is this fun? lol

Well as far as actually playing goes. Dva, Hanzo, and Genji are my least favorites in terms of being characters. I like Mercy as a character.

This is all true and I'm not disagreeing with anything other than her being fun (because I just personally do. I think Lucio is boring as fuckballs. I also think Hanzo is the most fun for what it's worth because I'm mlg pro 360 bow shots.)

however, I must say her pistol is actually good. I once cleaned up 4 half health heroes (because my entire team died and I managed to fly to behind them) and revived my team with the ult I got from the damage. That thing may seem like a pea shooter, but it packs a punch. I can usually get the kill on most characters low health charactes, bar Soldier who'll reliably do way more damage. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

So apparently they're patching the game to allow only one of the same character to be played on a team in ranked. 

Thank. Fucking. God. A wish was fulfilled.

Yeah, the competitive tournaments all decided to adopt their own rulesets, including the one hero limit. Blizzard is also backing down on the weird sudden death mechanic that's running for competitive this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XoPachi said:

So apparently they're patching the game to allow only one of the same character to be played on a team in ranked. 

Thank. Fucking. God. A wish was fulfilled.

No more team Torbjorn or team Bastions! Yay!

Now if they could only put harsher penalties on quitters. 

• Like 1