An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

3 hours ago, Taikugemu said:

I hate playing Zenny, because there's always someone  complaing that Zenyatta is terrible and whatever.

I used to complain about how squishy he is. But his attacks are so strong and those debuffs are awesome.

Love that profile pic btw. I like to think that's what Widowmaker's face looked like when Ana was confirmed as a new character. 

49 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Glad Blizzard saw she needed a buff. Because she fucking did.

well its good,
but as long as I can hide behind the THINNEST OF ITEMS...I'll survive her ult

Then again she can now shield when ever she wants for up to 4 seconds...in other words "I can suicide jump infront of a bastion in sentry mode and fuck his day over for 4 seconds

15 minutes ago, Deskai said:

finally took time to get my dumb ass ranked....

Rank 45, I only won 4 of my 10 battles, 3 of them due to one person leaving

I hate that so much! They need to penalize players harsher for it. What do you play it on?

Be persistent and you'll go up fast. I made it 53 a few days ago. Also a mic helps coordinate things.

12 hours ago, Enigma said:

I hate that so much! They need to penalize players harsher for it. What do you play it on?

Be persistent and you'll go up fast. I made it 53 a few days ago. Also a mic helps coordinate things.

PC, just I'm far to casual but the games I played folks pointed out: you have a high rate of flanking the enemy while as 76, and while as Rein you would always throw your life away to make sure our medic lives, even if you charge off the side of a cliff...with a D.va still in her mech,...

Mercy seriously should have been an anthro snake...

You give a medic character angel wings and a healing rod and you don’t make her a snake? Based on Caduceus or the Rod of Asclepius? Two of the most common medical symbols? How do you miss that opportunity? :u

12 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Mercy seriously should have been an anthro snake...

You give a medic character angel wings and a healing rod and you don’t make her a snake? Based on Caduceus or the Rod of Asclepius? Two of the most common medical symbols? How do you miss that opportunity? :u

Fun fact:
Caduceus dont really deal with medical, its actually tied to Alchemy, merchants, liars, and thieves...its also why PROFESSIONAL places use the Asclepius while COMMERCIAL places use Caduceus which would make sense for the first two things being alchemy and merchants

it was a fuck up that cause folks to think it deals with Medical cause america fucked up and our military medical folks used that one instead the correct rod of Asclepius

Now if she had a skin base around her being a snake or in snake motif is another thing

4 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Ahhh, I was wondering which one would have made more sense. I always saw both depicted as the same thing. Welp guess I just humiliated myself. Not here. Something unrelated elsewhere.

oh no you arent 100% wrong cause its somewhat accepted for caduceus only medical thing is "folks who Sell medicine" being the Commercial side so merchants back then would go "use this herb it will help with what ails you". on the asclepius the beginning they believed snakes could heal people so it really wasnt uncommon for many medicines then had snakes in it (or you were the indiana jones type person at the time and got unlucky about being put in a room full of snakes).

So caduceus does have a hand in medicine but it tends to be heavily on "selling medicine to help people" being pharmacies these days(hence why I said Alchemy and merchants) while Asclepius is "this place have people who can heal you"

Think of it this way: Two healing classes, one that gives players healing potions that they made may use Caduceus as its symbol, while a class that out right heals folks will use Asclepius as its symbol. Just Caduceus can also create items that can harm folks too...

Or in overwatch: Ana is Caduceus, she can heal, but also do damage, Mercy is Asclepius, shes dedicated to just healing.

• Like 1

OMG Disconnects! I went down a rank because of it. In the middle of a match, my player froze in place and I got booted then penalized.

Tried to go to a formal complaint site for Blizzard but it directs you to a forum where you have to make a BattleTag, on top of the account you just made to post there. So... I havent been able to post there. But this problem seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Every time I get up to 62, I lose a game and immediately drop back down to 61.

It's an inescapable pit of people who play Symmetra 24/7 or people who want to play Ana but dont really know how. Also my own incompetence

Depends. Attack classes are getting a ton of play on both attack and defense on comp teams because they do so much damage (and dead enemies do 0 damage). While many other characters have seen regular balance changes, none of the defense characters have been given anything in the form of buffs to make them more enticing (whether Blizz improves their area deniability, raw damage or something character-specific), and a few have received nerfs since launch, dropping their usage for the most part. Widow needed it, and Hanzo needed it (projectile hitbox rework), but now the rest of their kit doesn't compensate for these changes.  (I absolutely agree with you if you mean people shouldn't pick flankers for defense-- that's silly)

People have been discussing speeding up Hanzo's projectile speed to reduce the amount of leading required even at mid-range, and Widow needs her venom mines to be more than just annoying for her to be worthwhile to play again. Funnily enough, Bastion rivals Soldier:76 in damage with recon form at close to midrange with what is now a tighter spread than Soldier's, so take that for what it is. Mei still has a place in high-level games for stalling objectives, but she's basically just area-deniability: the character and smart teams will focus her down if she starts W+M1ing. No idea how you would fix her.

Junkrat deals a lot of damage, but he's better at shooting at general areas than targets. That's not a bad thing; he's labeled defense because of his area deniability. For him, people are discussing a multitude of changes. Most of it revolves around his Rip-Tire, which is objectively inferior to most "kill everything" ults. For one thing, Junkrat is a sitting duck during his ult, so finding him means an easy kill. Reaper's ult effectively does the same thing as Junkrat's with sustain rather than burst, but with 150 more hitpoints. McCree can cancel his ult for half charge, and most other ults cancelled prematurely give some charge back as well. Junkrat goes back down to 0% charge if his Rip-Tire is destroyed, and it doesn't even explode. The biggest one is that D Va can do the exact same thing with 500 more damage, no advance warning (Junkrat shouts a full second before the ult actually starts), huge range and 3 seconds to run away. To top it all off, D Va is immune to her own explosion while Junkrat will die to his, and she can move during the entire duration. People have suggested making Junkrat "fade out" of the map temporarily during his ult., but leave a beacon where he will reappear to give the enemy time to kill him if they do find him, but not leave him completely defenseless. Any number of singular changes could be done to make Junkrat's ult worth ducking out of LoS to use and make it a good one to use, because as it stands, Rip-Tire no es bueno.

Torbjorn is pretty good if you don't play him entirely around his turret. Trying to whack your turret to save it in the middle of combat is almost always fruitless. His turret is a distraction to facilitate kills with his primary. Healing it after combat isn't a bad idea, of course, but if it dies or is about to die just drop another one. It costs nothing but an 8-second cooldown and takes a tenth of a second to do. I love Torbjorn, personally. He got played more than pre-patch Zenyatta in comp, at least. =y The armor is a nice plus.

Pic related. My turret did really well:
b3ea9c2a2d.jpg

All I'm saying is, defense characters are good, but it's disheartening to see that they're consistently below the offense characters in tier lists because the raw damage is superior to defense characters' area deniability in most scenarios. I hope this is remedied soon.

I'm not sure Blizzard has any real game plan yet when it comes to balancing hitscan vs. projectile weapons. The last major patch brought

• a new long-range hitscan character,
  • an enormous buff to McCree that had to be largely undone a week later,
  • a rework of D.Va's defense matrix that allowed it to be raised on-demand to destroy incoming projectiles (with no way to 'break' it onto cooldown like Reinhardt's shield),
  • a resizing of projectile hitboxes so that they were no longer larger than those of hitscan weapons; this change was not well tested.

There seems to be some working assumption that players cannot reliably aim, and in particular can't headshot moving targets with a client-favored hitscan weapon. There's just a huge qualitative difference between having a shot hit whatever is under your reticle when you press the mouse button, and having it strike a location the enemy may or may not be some X ms later, with a chance that in those X ms they've taken defensive measures.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deskai said:

Played a game with a bastion player, went the whole match not going into sentry mode or using their ult the match ended with us winning with em.

"I'm a defective bastion, my sentry and tank mode is broken"

Like I said in my giant nerd essay, Soldier and Bastion's primary weapons are almost the same in damage (Bastion actually has higher DPS than Soldier at 20 meters or less). Running around in Recon form all game might not be the most viable strategy, but Recon form isn't terrible by any means.

I don't think in ranked I can say I've had a stupid team. Really wish a lot of the angrier spergs in this game knew the difference between low skill/stupid choices and just straight up getting outplayed.

But I suppose I'm expecting too much from gamers, huh?

• Like 2