An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

I think it's funny every time a teammate complains about me sucking in Overwatch, I have 3 or 4 gold medals.

I do my job, I'm sorry I'm not the best player in the world so I can't consistently carry your dead weight. Instead of complaining about me, why don't you do YOUR job?

• Like 1

It's easy to scapegoat a person if they're not in your group.

I got bitched out at the end of a game once by two grouped-up guys who claimed that it "wasn't McCree's job to get kills" (I had gold in eliminations, damage, and objective kills that game)

99% of online gamers are whiny, angry babies. It's just something you have to deal with and shrug off.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Newt said:

I got bitched out at the end of a game once by two grouped-up guys who claimed that it "wasn't McCree's job to get kills" (I had gold in eliminations, damage, and objective kills that game)

Then what the fuck IS his job? He's a DPS sniper. o-o

21 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Then what the fuck IS his job? He's a DPS sniper. o-o

I had someone in game try to force me to go Widowmaker (who I have not and will not ever play because I can look at her and just know she's fucking boring) because "we need a sniper". I said I was McCree and he goes "he isn't a fucking sniper, pick Widow or hanzo".
So then why the Hell is it that when you're on defense and it says "no sniper heroes" during hero selection does that that notice vanish when you pick McCree? :l
He might not zoom like, but as far as I'm concerned, neither does Hanzo. But his magnum is laser accurate. If you're good you'll be popping heads at about any distance...like me.

I ignored him and went 29-3 with McCree. Because I actually know how to play Overwatch. :^)

37 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Real talk

I forgot Widowmaker was a character. 

She's so boring. lol

People used to shit on 76, but no, Widowmaker is the basic bitch character. She's not even really that good. lol
Stay out from the open and put pressure on her. Hanzo is way fucking better. He just doesn't have the fire rate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XoPachi said:

She's so boring. lol

People used to shit on 76, but no, Widowmaker is the basic bitch character. She's not even really that good. lol
Stay out from the open and put pressure on her. Hanzo is way fucking better. He just doesn't have the fire rate.

all Widowmakers became Anas, at least they can actually be useful other than "we can see thru walls now"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Winston is a good character for chasing down smaller characters. A good Winston is always on the lookout for Lucios and Mercys.

I think any character with damage is good for that. Not to say Winston is bad.
I hunt Mercy's with McCree. 

1 hour ago, Deskai said:

all Widowmakers became Anas, at least they can actually be useful other than "we can see thru walls now"

WidowMaker's pointless now. Hanzo's E is her fucking Q... It might not have the range, but it's big enough and it's every 20 seconds. Hanzo also can actually fight. lol
Oh man, you have VENUM MINEZ!!! That's cool. Good luck getting anyone with it. Ana can stop you from fucking healing and send your ass to Dreamland with Kirby.

The only good thing about her is that she benefits the most from headshots if you for some reason get caught in the open for that long. Get in her face and she panics.
TL;DR I haven't been killed by a Widowmaker in 10 levels.

On 9/24/2016 at 3:19 PM, Newt said:

It's easy to scapegoat a person if they're not in your group.

99% of online gamers are whiny, angry babies. It's just something you have to deal with and shrug off.

I remember that game, lmao. If I remember correctly, I was Lucio and Onnes was a tank, and the other 3 members were in a group. They weren't gonna blame each other, and Onnes and I were both filling vital roles on that map (none of them wanted to tank), so that just left you, weird as it sounds.

6 hours ago, XoPachi said:

I think any character with damage is good for that. Not to say Winston is bad.
I hunt Mercy's with McCree. 

well that is true but I can at least kill BOTH the lucio and Mercy as Winston and still jump the fuck out to then ruin them when they respawn cause now I'm waiting for them at spawn which means their teammates either turn around to deal with me or fight without their healers. Due to winston's weapon he is meant to damage multiple people
Mcree so far I dont really fear cause the ones I tend to deal with use their flash to set up their dead eye and as a D.va if you fail to flash me too you just gonna see your ult wasted with a simple right click.

The thing about Winston is he is all about positioning and area control. I can't rightfully say anyone is at fault for picking him, or that they "just can't aim and are therefore bad." A Winston that knows how to properly control space is a skill set that's just as vital as a 76 with good aim.

7 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

McCree is so easy to outsmart though. I just bait the grenade, avoid it, and then destroy them.

McCree players are so brainless lol

McCree's that can aim are the most deadly characters on the field right behind a pharah that can fly. 

The difference between the McCrees you play against vs the McCrees im talking about is that the latter don't rely on grenade. They pick you off from mid to long range. 

Just now, Toshabi said:

McCree's that can aim are the most deadly characters on the field right behind a pharah that can fly. 

The difference between the McCrees you play against vs the McCrees im talking about is that the latter don't rely on grenade. They pick you off from mid to long range. 

That's why I go at them. Force them to play the up close game. I know McCree is a sniper. Up close he is brainless.

I played my first game with Ana. And then it turned into 10 straight games using just her. She's fun because you're constantly shooting more than any other character in the game since you have to constantly manage 11 other targets rather than just 6. But the difference between her and shit characters like Mercy and ez mode characters like Lucio is that the way you do it isn't changed. 
Aim and shoot everyone. It's like I never let up left click with her. 

But the only problem I find with her is that she's one character where I actually -have- to be in a party. I've had a number of times where some idiot runs right in front of me swiping the ult meant for a Reinhardt or something. Or a bunch of people in a tight area (Volk: Point B Defense) will be in my goddamn way when I'm trying to boost a Bastion. And higher ground isn't an option for Ana all the time since she's not WidowMaker and I need to be able to reach everyone as well as land my biotic grenade. That gets mitigated by telling my friends to get the fuck out of the way.

I was talking about something with a friend and we were discussing what kind of game each character would have if they were their own IP's. We came up with:

76: Some sort of serious action game, probably a TPS like Binary Domain. Gripping, gritty narrative. Intense action scenes. Dies at the end :y
Mei: Cute ice themed fast paced Match 3 puzzler
Pharah: Online projectile based FPS in the vein of Quake/Tribes
Ana: stealth sniper game like Sniper Elite
Reaper: first person stealth game like Dishonored
DVA: 3D Platformer or some kind of top down twin stick shooter like Smash TV
Genji: Ninja Gaiden 4 or Metal Gear Rising 2
Torbjorn: top down Tower defense
Bastion: 3D tower defense
Reinhardt: RTS like Fire Emblem
Hanzo: yoai visual novel for weeb fangirls
Lucio: Rhythm game
Tracer: precision based 2D platformer
Symmetra: Really hard logic puzzle game with a crazy deep yet subtle narrative
McCree: Western themed Brawler like Godhand or MadWorld
JunkRat: Open world game similar to Fallout probably with Roadhog and a goofy silly tone

Couldn't come up with anything for Zennie, Zarya, Mercy, Widowmaker, or Winston. :c
Maybe some arcade game like Root Beer Tapper for Mercy where you have to heal patients in short amounts of time in waves?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I nanoboosted an ulting Bastion today. Things went well.

I nanoboosted a timid Bastion today. For some reason we had 3 supports, Mercy, Ana (me), and Zennie. He had a harmony orb, my biotics, a nano boost, and Mercy buffing him. He was still too scared to go in. I was cheering him on telling him he could do it.

44 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I want to figure out how to be a good Bastion. I've seen some people who just can't be countered when playing him, and it's cooooool.

Communication. Keeping your eyes peeled. And Volksaya Point B Defense.

Bastion's the noob killer. Kind of like Little Mac in Smash 4. The only people who complain about him don't even know how to stop him. 

Literally Genji.

3 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Communication. Keeping your eyes peeled. And Volksaya Point B Defense.

Bastion's the noob killer. Kind of like Little Mac in Smash 4. The only people who complain about him don't even know how to stop him. 

Literally Genji.

Bastion is super easy to deal with, but I've seen some legit Bastions that are able to counter and stuff.

Genji is for noobs, though.

2 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Bastion is super easy to deal with, but I've seen some legit Bastions that are able to counter and stuff.

Genji is for noobs, though.

Oh without a doubt, it is possible to be good with anyone, but Bastion is a callout character that exposes people with bad habits. A big fuck you to "lone wolfers" as they're called in old FPS lingo. People who try too hard to show off and/or carry in team based shooters.
That's why I laugh at people and when I they call me cancer for getting a 25 streak with him. "But we still won. ur bad. lol"

Just now, XoPachi said:

Oh without a doubt, it is possible to be good with anyone, but Bastion is a callout character that exposes people with bad habits. A big fuck you to "lone wolfers" as they're called in old FPS lingo. People who try too hard to show off and/or carry in team based shooters.
That's why I laugh at people and when I they call me cancer for getting a 25 streak with him. "But we still won. ur bad. lol"

The only people I have utter disrespect for are Genji, McCree, and Mei mains. If you main those characters, you are literal cancer lol.

• Like 1

McCree's not so bad. Just watch your back. Pharah's a good answer to those three (less so Genji...I think). But I just try to adapt. Typically if a character's giving me an issue it's probably just me being countered. I main Ana now. I'm obviously not going to beat any of them.

I have no respect for support mains. Those bitches need to do a better job at keeping me alive while I win us the game. Occasionally they have the audacity to die right behind me, despite my screaming at them. I guess I need to come up with better insults to get them to do a better job. It's fine, though; what's behind me is behind me. I'm a forward thinking person, and when there's a Reinhardt shield to be shot, by golly I'm going to focus it down. Hell if someone is gonna take gold damage away from me (and it won't be one of those bitches who play support so gg)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

Pharah is listed as a direct counter. Mei can kill her in the air, but that takes some considerable skill unless she's using her ult. Reaper counters her as well.

Never been killed by a Reaper while playing as Mei. Also hitting Pharah just takes good aim.