Hello fellow furries. I was wondering where it would be save to take a fursuit too. I would love to wear mine (when I make it) to a hospital to cheer up sick kids. I been having this idea for a while now and was wondering if any of you would know if that would be a good idea. I think it will be great to do since I live close by to hospitals and I see alot of kids go in there and stay there for a while, they look so sad, so I came up with the idea of wearing a fursuit there and see kids smile by petting my suit and getting their minds off of everything that is happening to them for a while. I grew up in and out of a hospital, I had my sister go in and out of hospitals as she was growing up as well. It makes me so sad to see these kids in a hospital bed and not really having any joy brought to them. I think it will change a kids world if someone will do something like this for them. Would this be a good idea or a bad one? Please help me everyone I need advice and a way. I want this fandom to be something not shameful or questioned and I think this is that first step to make this fandom even bigger.

Depends on the type of fursuit too. Toony is generally more friendly than realistic. Also, don't just jump right in without going to a fursuiting panel or something similar to learn the ins and outs of suiting in public and/or around children. Find charity events and call ahead. See if a group can go.

5 hours ago, Zeke said:

If you first at hospitals, you have to get special permission, especially at children's hospital. It's a good idea to do it. 

Thank you so much. So do I need to talk to the people at the hospitals beforehand?

4 hours ago, Rukh Whitefang said:

Depends on the type of fursuit too. Toony is generally more friendly than realistic. Also, don't just jump right in without going to a fursuiting panel or something similar to learn the ins and outs of suiting in public and/or around children. Find charity events and call ahead. See if a group can go.

Thank you so much. I always wanted to do this. Would they have a website for questions about this stuff?

8 minutes ago, Lil'Echo93 said:

Thank you so much. So do I need to talk to the people at the hospitals beforehand?

Thank you so much. I always wanted to do this. Would they have a website for questions about this stuff?

I'd say go there in person and explain your case as eloquently as you can- that you wish to volunteer and wear a costume to cheer up the kids. I think the furry stuff can be left out. And bring pictures of your suit. If it is toony and friendly looking, you may be a shoe-in.

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

I'd say go there in person and explain your case as eloquently as you can- that you wish to volunteer and wear a costume to cheer up the kids. I think the furry stuff can be left out. And bring pictures of your suit. If it is toony and friendly looking, you may be a shoe-in.

Ok thank you so much. I don't have my suit made just yet and a few of my friends want to do this with me, should I also bring pictures of theirs?