Rave + slight Rant: Going vegetarian, maybe even vegan

Käpt'n

8 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

Because CC is being freakishly "Moral-bound" as of late. I wonder if he found religion.

somewhat irrelevant but your croconaw avatar looks like im 14 and he just found a cigarette in my room and is about to lecture me on why smoking is bad and how it leads to doing drugs

On 5/31/2016 at 4:17 PM, Zeke said:

With soy, you want to be careful because too much of it will inhibit your body's ability to absorb key vitamins and shit...as well as up your estrogen.

I don't know anything on the first bit, but that last bit I'm pretty sure won't matter regardless of how much you eat. Plenty of people looking to increase their E on purpose have tried.

I like how you guys antagonize the TC and then blame him for trying to defend his beliefs

This thread wasn't about the ethics of eating meat but you guys MADE it into that and you're acting like it's the TC's fault and trying to make him feel bad for it

• Like 4

I wish the world population wasnt so big so we can go back to living like nomads or tribal people and hunt our food using every last part 

Native Americans were pretty chill about eating animals because they actually respected their own food source as living creatures.

I second getting it from animal-friendly sources if possible. 

...I buy cage-free eggs and pretend like paying $5 saves chickens lives

2 hours ago, SirRob said:

I like how you guys antagonize the TC and then blame him for trying to defend his beliefs

This thread wasn't about the ethics of eating meat but you guys MADE it into that and you're acting like it's the TC's fault and trying to make him feel bad for it

I don't think you see the delicious irony of this happening to Captain Cool.

I've often found Veganism other "isms" to be social crutches for people who lack personality. 

They are commonly used as virtue signalling by people who historically have no virtues. 

In other words it is a way for terrible people to claim to be good and decent. 

People who go in for these things tend to be unpopular and unlikable anyways. 

This is usually because they are kind of mean and self centred to begin with. 

It is always telling when their cruel streak starts to rise to the surface as their sense of superiority and arrogance grows. 

It inevitably degenerates into crapping on people who don't share their beliefs, endless advertising for their pre-packaged ideals, and making themselves the centre of petty conversations about personal preferences. 

Which is cruel and at the same time ironic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I wish the world population wasnt so big so we can go back to living like nomads or tribal people and hunt our food using every last part 

Native Americans were pretty chill about eating animals because they actually respected their own food source as living creatures.

I second getting it from animal-friendly sources if possible. 

...I buy cage-free eggs and pretend like paying $5 saves chickens lives

The native americans also clearcut and slash and burned so many trees they started a miniature ice age in europe :3

(This is referred to as the 'year without a summer' in history books.)

This is fairly unrelated to the conversation, I just wanted to mention that. On the topic of it, I did go vegetarian for a little while, when I could afford to. I still ate dairy and fish, and I had a lot more energy. I could never cut animal proteins completely out of my diet, though, too many things i know how to cook require meat for flavor, if nothing else.

6 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I've often found Veganism other "isms" to be social crutches for people who lack personality. 

They are commonly used as virtue signalling by people who historically have no virtues. 

In other words it is a way for terrible people to claim to be good and decent. 

People who go in for these things tend to be unpopular and unlikable anyways. 

This is usually because they are kind of mean and self centred to begin with. 

It is always telling when their cruel streak starts to rise to the surface as their sense of superiority and arrogance grows. 

It inevitably degenerates into crapping on people who don't share their beliefs, endless advertising for their pre-packaged ideals, and making themselves the centre of petty conversations about personal preferences. 

Which is cruel and at the same time ironic. 

or, you know, there are people who don't want to eat meat or animal products.

But you are right - there are the bad vegans.

9 hours ago, Toshabi said:

IT REALLY WAS.

I couldn't think of anything to reply and then i noticed how stern your avatar looks and i had to tell you im sorry

19 hours ago, Wax said:

I couldn't think of anything to reply and then i noticed how stern your avatar looks and i had to tell you im sorry

Or you could not say anything in the thread and say it in a profile post/PM. 

OR you could be me and do neither whilst really wishing you had the courage to talk to people. Then eat some meat because it makes you feel better because vegetarians are lame (had to find that tie in. I nailed it.)

On May 31, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Zeke said:

With soy, you want to be careful because too much of it will inhibit your body's ability to absorb key vitamins and shit...as well as up your estrogen.

One cup of soy milk contains enough estrogen to alter a menstrual cycle 

On 3.6.2016 at 4:47 AM, #00Buck said:

I do it simply because I wanted to. It's a choice I made for myself for entirely personal reasons and I'm happy that I'm able to go through with it.

I do believe that eating meat is wrong, I did even when I was still eating it.

On 3.6.2016 at 4:26 AM, Toshabi said:

I don't think you see the delicious irony of this happening to Captain Cool.

What irony? That I'm "being preachy" even though I have a hate boner for religion? 

That's almost funny. I'm just happy that I reached a personal goal of mine and I wanted to indulge in that pride a little. And now here you are, shitting all over that. 

No wait correction, this IS funny. I should have predicted it, but at least we can count on you making an ass out of yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I do it simply because I wanted to. It's a choice I made for myself for entirely personal reasons and I'm happy that I'm able to go through with it.

I do believe that eating meat is wrong, I did even when I was still eating it.

I respect your convictions and your decision. Hope it goes well for you. 

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

What irony? That I'm "being preachy" even though I have a hate boner for religion? 

That's almost funny. I'm just happy that I reached a personal goal of mine and I wanted to indulge in that pride a little. And now here you are, shitting all over that. 

No wait correction, this IS funny. I should have predicted it, but at least we can count on you making an ass out of yourself. 

How bout you taking an enormous shit on anyone that had a lifestyle change/minute spiritual whatever experience and you using it as a soapbox to derail the thread with your "insightful" opinion, which I'm positive no one cared for, and how great and blah blah blah you were for having the beliefs/knowledge/whatever you had. Then you literally shitting on said person and wiping your 1 inch ego-fedora boner up and down the thread till it got locked.

Either or, it shows in your posting and this unwarranted self-righteous aura about yourself in everything you do really, and it warms my heart knowijg even the new comers can call you out on it all. But whats more funny is watching you go off in this thread like the people you used to do the same shit to and defend every little thing about this bs-feel-good, "Greater than thou" lifestyle change that is the new highlight of your "Doesn't get attention from mommy, daddy or people irl" life.

But hey, just calling it like I see it, and again I say it: The irony here of you having to defend your new lifestyle while people roll the eyes, come at you with the textbook "Ew vegans" rather than the sweeping "congratulations" that any other person other than you would've gotton warms my heart.

Maybe I am making an ass of myself for this, but hey, I've been with this community for a while now, and its hilarious to see it come full circle on you. 

Welcome to your typical vegan-personality cult. I hope that the circle jerk is enough to get you over the fact that a lot of people here roll their eyes at most, if not all, of the shit you go on about.

Infracs/bans/whatever, it was worth typing every letter of this. But let it be know: Evolution, history or whatever doesn't give a fuck about some barnyard animals, and it'll continue to roll its eyes at whatever "Self-righteous cause/stance" you take in your short visit here. And it amazes me how you of all people used the "morals/immoral" argument in your feel-good, lookitme diet change. So woop-di-fucking-do.

That's all.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

How bout you taking an enormous shit on anyone that had a lifestyle change/minute spiritual whatever experience and you using it as a soapbox to derail the thread with your "insightful" opinion, which I'm positive no one cared for, and how great and blah blah blah you were for having the beliefs/knowledge/whatever you had. Then you literally shitting on said person and wiping your 1 inch ego-fedora boner up and down the thread till it got locked.

Either or, it shows in your posting and this unwarranted self-righteous aura about yourself in everything you do really, and it warms my heart knowijg even the new comers can call you out on it all. But whats more funny is watching you go off in this thread like the people you used to do the same shit to and defend every little thing about this bs-feel-good, "Greater than thou" lifestyle change that is the new highlight of your "Doesn't get attention from mommy, daddy or people irl" life.

But hey, just calling it like I see it, and again I say it: The irony here of you having to defend your new lifestyle while people roll the eyes, come at you with the textbook "Ew vegans" rather than the sweeping "congratulations" that any other person other than you would've gotton warms my heart.

Maybe I am making an ass of myself for this, but hey, I've been with this community for a while now, and its hilarious to see it come full circle on you. 

Welcome to your typical vegan-personality cult. I hope that the circle jerk is enough to get you over the fact that a lot of people here roll their eyes at most, if not all, of the shit you go on about.

Infracs/bans/whatever, it was worth typing every letter of this. But let it be know: Evolution, history or whatever doesn't give a fuck about some barnyard animals, and it'll continue to roll its eyes at whatever "Self-righteous cause/stance" you take in your short visit here. And it amazes me how you of all people used the "morals/immoral" argument in your feel-good, lookitme diet change. So woop-di-fucking-do.

That's all.

The only post ITT I needed to read.

anexcellentpost.jpg

• Like 1

I don't give a fuck if someone wants to eat plants or meat, or hell, even sand, if it's a personal choice that only centers around you and personal preference.

But leave any delusions about moral superiority at the door, please.
You shouldn't need to stroke your ego just to validate a personal choice. I don't know what level of insecurity demands this, but it's not mentally healthy.

• Like 3

1GJN7.gif

Looks like Croconaw's got a BITE!

But I still maintain you guys were the one who came for Kaptn, when he was just genuinely happy about something he'd acheived

Edited by Wax
formatting so people know im only goofing

7 hours ago, Toshabi said:

The irony here of you having to defend your new lifestyle while people roll the eyes,

New lifestyle? I just changed my diet. You are the one who is blowing it out of proportion.
I just told people who commented why I think that eating meat is immoral. If you wanna keep doing it, fine. I never once even implied that this makes me better in any way.

I basically only read up to the sweet potato fries part but I think, if anything, commercial meat is immoral. If you're buying local, pasture raised, grass-fed meat then there is nothing wrong with that. Of course the animals have to be killed but thats life right? At least they were treated well and fed what they were born and designed to eat, not corn! and GMO corn at that!

You can do what you please, I just dont see why people get into such a big fit over someones diet..

• Like 1

Came to read about vegans, got another dose of petty furry drama. 

cowboy-shaking-head.gif

I'm sorta like a vegetarian, but i do eat meat sometimes. (I just really like veggies lol). I think society could advocate for safer and cleaner conditions for animals about to be slaughtered, rather than just giving up meat entirely.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grassfed said:

I basically only read up to the sweet potato fries part but I think, if anything, commercial meat is immoral. If you're buying local, pasture raised, grass-fed meat then there is nothing wrong with that. Of course the animals have to be killed but thats life right? At least they were treated well and fed what they were born and designed to eat, not corn! and GMO corn at that!

You can do what you please, I just dont see why people get into such a big fit over someones diet..

Corporations love dat profit though.

Also I think this music video is relevant:

• Like 1

It is possible for someone to state their stance on something without trying to argue with them.

It is possible for someone to say they are going to do something without intentionally trying to antagonize them. This thread should've been self-contained; whatever Kapt'n has said and done in the past should have been irrelevant to this thread, as the topic of this thread has nothing to do with anything he's posted in the past.

I don't understand why this thread derailed in the way it did; is it not possible to simply be happy that someone is doing something for themselves that they want to do without trying to berate them or get laughs out of them for it?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I don't understand why this thread derailed in the way it did; is it not possible to simply be happy that someone is doing something for themselves that they want to do without trying to berate them or get laughs out of them for it?

The Internet forgets nothing. That's just the way it is.

On 2016-06-01 at 3:31 AM, Käpt'n said:

That's the sad part, we gave them this awful purpose. 

I used to make that argument as well. "If we stop eating pigs they'll all die and go extinct anyway!" It's stupid.

Anyway, for now I'm only trying a vegetarian diet. Once I have fully adjusted to it I might go vegan. So malnutrition isn't really a huge concern for me right now. 

This is something I consider doing. A couple years ago I was more or less a vegetarian by accident; I had very little money and lived off potatoes, carrots, onions, bread, peanut butter, discount tins of coffee, and sometimes eggs. I would still eat meat when it was offered but I stopped buying it. I still eat kinda like this except with more meat.

What are some of your favourite recipes as a vegetarian? I don't know if I'd ever go completely vegan, but I could see vegetarian as a possibility.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 9:45 AM, Käpt'n said:

New lifestyle? I just changed my diet. You are the one who is blowing it out of proportion.
I just told people who commented why I think that eating meat is immoral. If you wanna keep doing it, fine. I never once even implied that this makes me better in any way.

"I don't think eating meat makes me better than you I just hold myself to a higher moral standard than you do"

Phoenix is a new barrel of laughs everyday, half the posts are horrible contradictions, it's like you view the world through a funhouse mirror.

• Like 6

Well good on you for giving it a go, mein Kapitan. Because my body is shit, I've dabbled with vegetarian phases on and off. For starters it made me a much better cook, and got me into eating fresh food. You will probably learn a lot about food, which is never a bad thing. I still eat meat, but much less than before because of all the tasty n' cheap vegetarian dishes I can make.

My favourite main is definitely three-bean chili. For lunch or something it's hard to beat chunky tomato soup with the bread of your choosing.

On 6/4/2016 at 2:46 AM, #00Buck said:

I knew you were a serial killer.

You don't eat wings.

You eat humans! 

For some reason I read it as "cannabisism". When weed somehow consumes itself.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2016 at 2:03 AM, Battlechili said:

It is possible for someone to state their stance on something without trying to argue with them.

It is possible for someone to say they are going to do something without intentionally trying to antagonize them. This thread should've been self-contained; whatever Kapt'n has said and done in the past should have been irrelevant to this thread, as the topic of this thread has nothing to do with anything he's posted in the past.

Like it or not, your past affects people's perception of you in the present. 

Absolutely no one would have antagonized had Käpt'n not had a history of arrogance. It's hard to believe that pattern wouldn't have continued. Your past is a scar, and on the Internet, it's there for everyone to see. 

Maybe I shouldn't be defending negative behavior, but goddamn. I would have stayed out of it had the "for a better cause" argument not come up (which Käpt'n was the one to bring up). I disagree with it so I see no reason in staying silent. Had it stayed uncontested, it would have enabled this "holier-than-thou"  attitude. An attitude most vegetarians fall victim to for some reason. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Like it or not, your past affects people's perception of you in the present. 

Absolutely no one would have antagonized had Käpt'n not had a history of arrogance. It's hard to believe that pattern wouldn't have continued. Your past is a scar, and on the Internet, it's there for everyone to see. 

Maybe I shouldn't be defending negative behavior, but goddamn. I would have stayed out of it had the "for a better cause" argument not come up (which Käpt'n was the one to bring up). I disagree with it so I see no reason in staying silent. Had it stayed uncontested, it would have enabled this "holier-than-thou"  attitude. An attitude most vegetarians fall victim to for some reason. 

For the ultimate "holier-than-thou" attitude combine veganism with evangelical atheism. 

C-C-C- Como breaker!!!

• Like 3

Gotta add a new part to the rave aspect, I gotta put some new holes in my belt soon because I'm losing weight :3 I kinda resemble the dude on the photo in my passport again! xD

Also, my bowls got used to it. That's almost a shame because it started to be really funny to me :P

4 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Gotta add a new part to the rave aspect, I gotta put some new holes in my belt soon because I'm losing weight :3 I kinda resemble the dude on the photo in my passport again! xD

Also, my bowls got used to it. That's almost a shame because it started to be really funny to me :P

I'm glad you're making positive progress. Awesome. 

Just now, Saxon said:

Bowel?

Anyway. I am glad that you are feeling fitter...and that your other problem has been resolved. ;3

I never had that problem myself, but when I became vegetarian I ate fish instead for a while before finally eating no meat, so it was gradual.

I stopped completely over night. That one time I almost went into a store to get a hotdog when I realised that "Oh shit! I don't eat that anymore!"

But right now I really don't miss it anymore. I guess it's easier when you do it because you think it's wrong rather than stopping because of your diet in general. 

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Reducing one's carbon footprint is a good cause though.

Doing charity work is also a good cause. I haven't done any in absolutely ages, but I don't go around the internet seeking out people who do in order to lecture them about making me feel bad because I perceive them as 'holier than I'. O_o

Weird attitude is weird.

I don't care how you reduce your carbon footprint, as long as you at least make some effort not to use an exorbitant amount of resources (only fair). Some people do it be being vegetarian, other people walk everywhere instead of driving. You get the idea.

Reducing a carbon footprint by not eating meat? For real? Ok, sure, that'll sure turn the world around. 

54 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Yep. My carbon footprint is about a third less than most other Europeans because I don't eat meat. (most of your carbon footprint is food)

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25795-going-vegetarian-halves-co2-emissions-from-your-food/

But I don't care how someone reduces their footprint, just that they make at least some effort.

I already walk to work and use the bus when needed. I'm not going to cut meat because it'll cut a tiny bit of carbon in the air. Food'll still be made regardless.