Rave + slight Rant: Going vegetarian, maybe even vegan

Käpt'n

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

'I'm not going to walk to work because oil will still be pumped regardless'.

Honestly, Falaffel, I'm glad that you walk instead of driving

I do it because it gets me exercise and it's no that far. And I don't like driving.

I don't actually give that much of a shit. 

If we really wanted to reduce carbon dioxide in the environment, we'd plug fucking volcanoes. :v

On 5/31/2016 at 2:54 PM, Käpt'n said:

Feels pretty good! I'm not entirely sure but I feel a little more healthy, too.

With that much more soy, you will probably feel a little more feminine soon, too <3

On 5/31/2016 at 2:54 PM, Käpt'n said:

However, there is one thing that really sucks about this. I am farting constantly. And I have never taken so many dumps throughout the day. Holy crap. Literally. It's awful. And that stench! Oh man... Back in school during a really hot summer I let one rip in a classroom once and we nearly had to evacuate the room (not making this up, it was amazingly bad) and I was proud about that, but even to me this is pretty awful.

lf all that fake meat you've been eating is fried protein, it'll do that.

Proteins have disulfide bonds, disulfide bonds get reductively cleaved releasing sulfur compounds that smell like shit.

16 minutes ago, Ricky said:

With that much more soy, you will probably feel a little more feminine soon, too <3

lf all that fake meat you've been eating is fried protein, it'll do that.

Proteins have disulfide bonds, disulfide bonds get reductively cleaved releasing sulfur compounds that smell like shit.

I don't eat much of either of that. I made some grilled shrooms with rice just now! Pretty good :3

• Like 1

I'm planning on going vegetarian when I start university. For many reasons but one good one is that preparing meat gives me the major willies. I can't even look at raw meat without cringing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wax said:

I'm planning on going vegetarian when I start university. For many reasons but one good one is that preparing meat gives me the major willies. I can't even look at raw meat without cringing.

Yeah I know what you mean. It wasn't that bad for me but it was still gross.
Then I realized that I have been eating burnt corpse pieces since I was little...

Good luck to you then! It's not that difficult :3 I've been a HUGE meat eater and I pretty much stopped over night. Just keep eating what you like and just... Leave out the meat! xD

I mean if you're really guilty about animals being slaughtered in giant factories then why don't you just go free range? At least that way you know the animals are treated like kings. I'd like to go vegetarian (just to see if I can do it), but it's hard to find an affordable source of protein. I love tofu, but it can affect your body if it's your main source of protein. Personally, my main concern is cutting down on carbs hahaha 

Ya boi needs to get ripped again. 

8 hours ago, HoneyPoppins said:

I mean if you're really guilty about animals being slaughtered in giant factories then why don't you just go free range? At least that way you know the animals are treated like kings. I'd like to go vegetarian (just to see if I can do it), but it's hard to find an affordable source of protein. I love tofu, but it can affect your body if it's your main source of protein. Personally, my main concern is cutting down on carbs hahaha 

Ya boi needs to get ripped again. 

Even though real meat is almost certainly the best source of protein, there are still a ton of alternatives which (as long as you use them) are still pretty beneficial.

http://greatist.com/health/complete-vegetarian-proteins

A quick Google search warrants this article, for example.

Unfermented Soy, like Tofu, in large/long-term amounts actually carries a multitude of dangers to the body that you can learn with a very small amount of online research.

And no, it won't feminize you. It will just give you Gynecomastia(enjoy your mantits). If you're a woman, it's actually raising your risk of breast cancer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

All this talk of not eating steaks has put me in the mood for a steak. Cooked rare and still bleeding. Now that's the primary reason I could never do what you do.

34 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Someone was honestly once terribly upset with me because she thought that, because I ate mostly plants, that I was going to 'cause the oxygen to run out'.

A peer at your university? Some of your fellow students aren't exactly the epitome of intelligence, given their radical left views.

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Thank god, no. It was a woman at my sixth-form / high school.

Ah, there's a ton of people at my sixth form who genuinely believe stuff like that, too.

They're generally the people who study BTECs though.

• Like 1

I just want to say it's been a real pleasure having a big old kekfest at this thread and all the silly mental acrobatics people who are easy to guilt or bring fear to do to make their lives easier. Evolution doesn't have feelings and doesn't care that you do, so eat up! 

2 hours ago, Azure said:

I just want to say it's been a real pleasure having a big old kekfest at this thread and all the silly mental acrobatics people who are easy to guilt or bring fear to do to make their lives easier. Evolution doesn't have feelings and doesn't care that you do, so eat up! 

Dude you have to try my mushroom burgers.

vegans are just a bunch of self-glorified cunts, that pride themselves on demonizing omnivores for being normal. these idiots are the cunts that try and turn lions vegan and end up emaciating the poor bastards. fuck it, save a cow? eat a vegan. i bet they taste like tofu and sadness.

1 hour ago, ShioBear said:

vegans are just a bunch of self-glorified cunts, that pride themselves on demonizing omnivores for being normal. these idiots are the cunts that try and turn lions vegan and end up emaciating the poor bastards. fuck it, save a cow? eat a vegan. i bet they taste like tofu and sadness.

a-are you like.. trying to get stamps on your edgy card?

I'm just gonna turn this into a weightloss rave now. Thanks.

You know what feels great? I just shaved, and for the first time in like two years I saw myself in the mirror and not some fat, double chinned asshole who hates himself.
Oh and my old jackets fit again. Mostly.

I'm still fat, but not as fat anymore. Feels nice :)

• Like 1