Deciding to try a new thing for once and realizing you didnt like it

Vallium

I try new things, as long as they're not high-cost or high-anxiety risk.

A new food? Sure, why the fuck not.
A $500 new hobby that I'm not sure I can stick with? Nofuckingthankyou.
Gambling? Yeahno.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kosha said:

I always make sure to try something before I hate it, that way I'll have a valid excuse to hate it.

This is the only way to go with food. As long as the thing was prepared properly and you still don't like it, no big deal, move on. Don't stop trying new things though that is a terrible way to live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Calamari.

I'm glad I gave it a try though.

I ordered Calamari Noodles by mistake, I thought I ordered chicken noodles (the menu was in Japanese okay! :() and I fell in love with them.

1 hour ago, Sourdough said:

This is the only way to go with food. As long as the thing was prepared properly and you still don't like it, no big deal, move on. Don't stop trying new things though that is a terrible way to live.

But then you just wasted money and now you need to make/order something else.

8 minutes ago, root said:

But then you just wasted money and now you need to make/order something else.

Yes, that is the literal price you pay. It's still better to know, you can remember that for next time. And as Buck said, most food is tasty! There are few things so repulsive in this world that you can't finish a meal you dislike. So unless you're eating balut or oysters or something you can power through and finish your meal.

Not trying/enjoying new foods is a great way to never be invited over/out for dinner and is a acceptable reason for people not to like you.  You don't need to like everything but you should be willing to try it and not complain about it.  And you may even surprise yourself.  

• Like 3

I like pretty much all food, but there are certain combinations of food that I don't like at all. Take fruit in a salad (like a leafy, vegetable salad.) Hell no!

But there is food that I know I'll hate from the get-go solely based on appearance and smell.

16 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'll just leave this here:

I remember when that song first came out - pretty much every single furry lost their shit over the tigers. Still do, probably.

6 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

....and then you realize "this is exactly why I eat the same damn thing all the time. Never can I be dissapointed like this. I am never trying new things again"

And so rebegins the cycle of never trying new things ever

for me it's trying a new food it's a matter of whether my stomach likes it or not. the or not is a very annoying result ;-;

21 hours ago, Wax said:

I remember when that song first came out - pretty much every single furry lost their shit over the tigers. Still do, probably.

I never understood why. They are kinda bulky with tiny legs and don't seem that attractive to me.

10 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Why the fuck was Shakira in that movie again? Like she had zero reason to exist at all.

Because it's a Disney Pixar movie, and those need at least one catchy pop song by law.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Because Nicki Minaj said no, obviously.

Oh god I'd much rather Shakira. Plus it's actually a decent song even though I'm not much of a fan of her

2 hours ago, Vae said:

Because it's a Disney Pixar movie, and those need at least one catchy pop song by law.

Actually it's a Disney Animated Studios movie.

• Like 1

I like trying new things.

Maybe that's why I'm a furfag.

On second thought, don't try new things, kids. You might end up smart and slightly fucked in the head. The general population hates smart people and people who don't think normal. #socialcommentary #impeachtrump #fuckwhydidthosenukeslaunch #kanye2020

• Like 1