Rant: Missing Someone

Frozen Glacier

In February of last year, I met my soulmate on FAF. We met up this year, and had a good time together before he had to leave back to his own state. Now we're once again separated by a thousand miles, and I'm lonesome and unhappy. There is no way for either of us to meet each other again on account of car and money issues, and I feel like life isn't worth living without him. I need company unless I'm going to go insane. Does anybody know how to help me through this year?

Keep in touch. Be strong. You'll see him again. Your money issues are a short term problem in this long term relationship. 

Do other things to keep your mind preoccupied. Tell him about your days. If you don't do anything fun, you won't have much to talk about, eh?

Make the best out of what you have. You can make this work out. If he means that much to you and vice versa, the only thing truly standing between you two is time. And smartly saving up money :v

Being in a long distance relationship myself all I can say is just be strong, keep in contact via skype/steam/whatever and cherish the moments you have together! And also kinda be thankful you live in the same country and speak the same language ^_^

• Like 2

I was poor when I met my sweetie and I sold everything I owned with the exception of my clothing and my car so I would have money to spend on making them happy. It all got traded in or sold off. We're still together today. What is the point of stuff? Love is what matters. Of course if you sell everything and things don't work out you're going to feel terrible. So really there is no certainty in life. Good luck. 

I know that feeling, Gator moved to Iowa once a few years back and it was hard living on just phone calls and internet contact. Now he lives in NC but I still don't actually get to see him that much because he's a long drive away and gas ain't cheap yo. Still, I'm happy to have what I have, rare visits and daily contact through phone and IM. 

Even if you can't physically be with someone, try to talk to them as often as you can, it takes the edge off of missing them everyday. 

• Like 1