E3 2016

yell0wf0x

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

I'm crossing my fingers until they break that Nintendo drops at least ONE bomb on us. That's all Nintendo ever needs because Nintendo is sitting their fat asses on gold. All they'd have to say: Metroid Prime 4, Super Mario [3D Adventure Name], Wave Race 3 :u.

I think the Prime trilogy should be left alone since Retro wrapped up the storyline. I'm all for another Metroid title though, as long as it's not another Other M.

There was a cliff hanger at the end of Prime 3 where a mysterious ship warps after Samus. Maybe they don't need to continue that in a Prime 4, but something Metroid. Unless someone here can confirm to me that the ship actually belongs to someone in a title taking place after Prime in the timeline....

@Clove Darkwave

15 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

There was a cliff hanger at the end of Prime 3 where a mysterious ship warps after Samus. Maybe they don't need to continue that in a Prime 4, but something Metroid. Unless someone here can confirm to me that the ship actually belongs to someone in a title taking place after Prime in the timeline....

@Clove Darkwave

Oh right I forgot all about that. Haven't played it in quite a few years.

I don't blame you since you needed 100% completion.

1 hour ago, Battlechili said:

I will be looking forward to this since Gravity Rush was great beyond the fact that it was marred by awkward controls and poor air combat. Sounds like another game recently... But I can't see that problem returning on a console.

But exploring was really fun in that game and I loved it's presentation. Definitely worth a try for the 3 Vita owners beside me. I love the main hub song something fierce. Whole game reminds me of a whimsical animated movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XoPachi said:

I don't blame you since you needed 100% completion.

I will be looking forward to this since Gravity Rush was great beyond the fact that it was marred by awkward controls and poor air combat. Sounds like another game recently... But I can't see that problem returning on a console.

But exploring was really fun in that game and I loved it's presentation. Definitely worth a try for the 3 Vita owners beside me. I love the main hub song something fierce. Whole game reminds me of a whimsical animated movie.

Yeah, the music in Gravity Rush is amazing and one of the highlights of it. Its so whimsical and fun. Kinda Ghibli-esque.

Just now, Battlechili said:

Yeah, the music in Gravity Rush is amazing and one of the highlights of it. Its so whimsical and fun. Kinda Ghibli-esque.

That game was HUGE too. Like, the open spaces were crazy massive. But it never felt empty.

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

@Clove Darkwave

It's Sylux from Prime Hunters.

• Like 1

I haven't been paying too muc attention to it this year honestly, but nothing really sticks out as interesting. I watched the Bethesda section and it almost made me want to get Fallout 4. Almost. Dishonored 2 looks like fun, but I haven't even started Dishonored 1 yet. Not hyped at all for it, but it will probably end up on my wishlist.

Oh, and Mafia 3 actually looked pretty neat, but I'm not really hyped for that either. There's again the issue of having Mafia 2 and not having touched it yet.

VR stuff makes me kinda sad. I'll be one of the last people in the world not living in a 3rd world country to be able to get into it because my money situation is... less than perfect, to say the least. On the plus side though, by then it won't be as expensive to get into and some baller games will be out so I'll actually want to use the thing regularly.

Decent E3 all around I'm excited about a bunch of stuff. Guess I'll go on about it because, why not? I'm mostly gonna go off on Sony stuff because that's what I'm into. I mean PC too but this is E3. Lets be real...

I feel very weirdly about the new GoW game. It's implied that this is the same Kratos from Greece with the whole "Spartan Rage" thing. I was really hoping for a new protagonist because I always felt that Kratos was terribly motivated and dumb after the first game. He literally fucked up and killed his own family, but resented the other gods for nothing after killing Ares. I liked what I saw though, and from the Playstationblog post it sounds like Kratos might have changed, or tried to change and not be like he was in his past. Like he's struggling adapting to being a father and trying to be a better person. That's a good spin and they did a decent job of showing him trying not to blow his shit on the boy. If they can make him something other than a raging prick, but someone who feels more than one emotion, I might be okay with him. Anything but "I hate you for slighting me, GODS! Even though you were right too!" I do really like the actual combat we saw. It looks more interesting. I would like a more toned down combat system that's less focused on group attacks and combos. The axe mechanics are way more appealing to me than the chain blades every were.

Koji is back and weirder than ever. I'm fairly certain that Dead Stranding is NOT P.T. He said a while back his next game will be more like something Uncharted fans will enjoy. So some kind of weird, creepy and trippy, adventure game? I'm down for that. 

I can't muster anything for Days Gone I'm afraid. It's just... bleh. Not one more bleakly focused Zombie setting. I want Dead Rising 4 because it's the goofiest shit, it's dumb fun, but The Last of Us retired the bleak take for me. : /

VR is too expensive still none of the options are cheap enough for me to buy in at this point but Sony has clearly made sure they have stuff to play if you buy there's. I think this is a very smart move on their part. Also glad to see RE7, I want this series to make a comeback and Revelations 2 was a step in the right direction.

I feel weird about this but I like the look of the new Call of Duty. I mean they have 3 studios working on the franchise now so sooner or later one of them was gogin to step up the game and think this is that one, but I'm a sucker for Sci-fi so that never hurts a games chances with me >_>

Ubi bored me this year, but hey it's their off year. I don't care about Ghost recon and Southpark, but those look like games you might. I guess I want Watch_Dogs 2 to be better and I think lightening up the tone is a good start. It's a still a good concept and if they avoid the same mistakes as last time, i think we could get a decent time out of it. I don't know how I feel about For Honor, but it's interesting at least.

What did I take away form Microsoft? I like that their mixing it up with Scorpio. This seems like a huge risk, but someone should take it. Other than that? Uh Gwent is pretty great, We happy few is neat and I still wish I could play Scalebound. 

EA? Well Titanfall 2 is rad, and I'm glad it's got a story, but that's nothing new. I knew how I felt about that before I saw it. Other than that they showed fuck all. Glad to see Amy Hennig is with Visceral and working on a Star Wars game. That could be good but they need to fucking wait till they can show us something instead of doing the dev features. FUCKING MAKE A TRAILER FOR MASS EFFECT

I guess my biggest game is Dishonerd 2. I LOVED Dishonered. Something about the world just caught my interest right away. I love the aesthetic. The way that magic plays into the world, The Outsider, the books about different islands. The second game looks to be doubling down on all the right parts. These powers are fantastic so far. This is the game I am so excited to play next.

I always forget some shit but for days 0 and 1 that's not bad at all.

Not gonna lie, Infinite Warfare doesn't look half bad. I like the really wild battlefield they showed off in that trailer there and like Titanfall 2, grappling hooks. Grappling hooks make everything better. Ever know wonder why Link and Samus were the best things about Nintendo? Grappling hooks. Although they seem a bit more linear than TF2's. I saw a lot of swinging and arching in TF2. Whereas CoD is just this simple forward zip cable it seems. 

But, I see the problem fans have. It's not Call of Duty. It's changed a bit too much and is completely unrecognizable. I'd still play the single player though. It's another future shooter and I like those.

But Titanfall 2 is still FAR more important. :y

EDIT: Legend of FarCry. I can dig it.

But, I have no words for how unspeakably bad that Nintendo direct was.

2 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

The combat's really nice.

I'm pretty sure Link just jumped without any weird input in that trailer which is really different. It adds an extra layer to combat if that's the case, but its so...different. Not that that's a bad thing. The trailer was very atmospheric; that and based on the name I think there's a large emphasis on the environments in this one.

18 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Wtf NO why would you put that behind a like $80 pay wall?!

What are you talking about? Are they not selling the Amiibo on it's own at normal price or are you including the price of the new game too? 

oh I just fucking dumbed out there. <_< Holy shit you need TP HD as well, but even then it's 40 for both...

4 minutes ago, Luca said:

What are you talking about? Are they not selling the Amiibo on it's own at normal price or are you including the price of the new game too? 

I was referring to the Amiibo + Twilight Princess HD, although after looking it up I see that it comes in a bundle at $60.

Also, I was wrong about that anyway, since, despite the video not really saying it, the description says you only need the Wolf Link Amiibo, and that completing the Cave of Shadows only adds hearts.

13 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I was referring to the Amiibo + Twilight Princess HD, although after looking it up I see that it comes in a bundle at $60.

Also, I was wrong about that anyway, since, despite the video not really saying it, the description says you only need the Wolf Link Amiibo, and that completing the Cave of Shadows only adds hearts.

You should have those already anyway. What kind of fan are you!?

But for real I buy too many amiibos. I got some of the New Kirby ones just cause they're cute. <_<

Honestly even outside of E3, there's some good shit to look forward to.

I want...

• TitanFall 2
  • Zelda
  • Recore (Inafune, this your last chance, big boy)
  • Forza Horizons 3
  • We Happy Few
  • Everything Final Fantasy related
  • TitanFall 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8/3
  • Nier 2
  • Cuphead
  • God of War
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • No Man's Sky
  • Bloodstained
  • Yooka Laylee
  • TitanFall 2

And I think I'm forgetting some indie titles, but whatever I can't recall right now, I want those too. :y

I also saw this and it seems interesting.

3 minutes ago, Luca said:

You should have those already anyway. What kind of fan are you!?

But for real I buy too many amiibos. I got some of the New Kirby ones just cause they're cute. <_<

I have an entire playthrough of Twilight Princess recorded and saved on my computer, I never need to go play it again

I might get the Wolf Link Amiibo though. I got Ike for Fire Emblem Fates.

Here's how I'd rate the E3 conferences from best to worst (haven't seen Nintendo's yet...don't really have much interest to)

1. Sony-Excellent pacing, games out the wazoo, Kojima's new game, new IP, Last Guardian release date, new Spiderman, neat VR stuff, God of War

2. Ubisoft-Energetic, South Park, Watch Dogs 2 looks promising, For Honor. Conference took a screeching halt with Assassin's Creed movie promo.

3. PC-Interesting VR games and other titles but was still pretty slow and kind of boring at times

^^These top 3 showed their games as well as talk about them.

4. Bethesda-Nothing really suprising. Dont really care about Quake, ESO, ES Legends, or Dishonored 2. Fallout 4 stuff was cool but its sad these will be the last Fallout 4 DLC we'll get.

5. Microsoft-Boneheaded. Announcing 2 new consoles, 1 being kinda pointless and the other coming out an entire year from now. Way too soon of an announcment for Scorpio. So called "exclusives" also being available on Windows 10. Only thing I cared about was the Gwent digital card game. Plus that Minecraft segment was cringy as fuck

6. EA- Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports and behind the scenes footage of games but no real gameplay. Mostly Tell, barely Show

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Here's how I'd rate the E3 conferences from best to worst (haven't seen Nintendo's yet...don't really have much interest to)

1. Sony-Excellent pacing, games out the wazoo, Kojima's new game, new IP, Last Guardian release date, new Spiderman, neat VR stuff, God of War

2. Ubisoft-Energetic, South Park, Watch Dogs 2 looks promising, For Honor. Conference took a screeching halt with Assassin's Creed movie promo.

3. PC-Interesting VR games and other titles but was still pretty slow and kind of boring at times

^^These top 3 showed their games as well as talk about them.

4. Bethesda-Nothing really suprising. Dont really care about Quake, ESO, ES Legends, or Dishonored 2. Fallout 4 stuff was cool but its sad these will be the last Fallout 4 DLC we'll get.

5. Microsoft-Boneheaded. Announcing 2 new consoles, 1 being kinda pointless and the other coming out an entire year from now. Way too soon of an announcment for Scorpio. So called "exclusives" also being available on Windows 10. Only thing I cared about was the Gwent digital card game. Plus that Minecraft segment was cringy as fuck

6. EA- Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports and behind the scenes footage of games but no real gameplay. Mostly Tell, barely Show

I'd say that's fair.

And then you have bottom tier...Nintendo.....AGAIN (granted they weren't at E3, but still). One game that actually showed something new. 

But yes, that Minecraft presentation was garbage, cringey as fuck.

• Like 1

Nintendo and Square Enix aren't done; they'll still be showing some stuff off yet for the next few days

Also Kadokawa did have a showing too.

7 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

5.  So called "exclusives" also being available on Windows 10.

You say that like its a bad thing. I rather like that Microsoft is giving up exclusivity for the sake of promoting two platforms instead of one.

1 minute ago, Battlechili said:

Nintendo and Square Enix aren't done; they'll still be showing some stuff off yet for the next few days

You say that like its a bad thing. I rather like that Microsoft is giving up exclusivity for the sake of promoting two platforms instead of one.

The problem is then what is the point in buying their console? For most people anyway. Like you for instance have a beastly PC. You wouldn't necessarily need an XBox.

5 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Whats the point of even getting the Xbox then if the games you want are on Windows 10 and can perform better on PC? This makes getting a Scorpio or an Xbox Slim (which is what the PS4 already is) useless

5 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

The problem is then what is the point in buying their console? For most people anyway. Like you for instance have a beastly PC. You wouldn't necessarily need an XBox.

3 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Whats the point of even getting the Xbox then if the games you want are on Windows 10 and can perform better on PC? This makes getting a Scorpio or an Xbox Slim (which is what the PS4 already is) useless

I can see that, but I don't really think many of the people who play on Xbox necessarily also game on PC. A lot of people just play on whatever console is most convenient and available; not everyone would jump to PC gaming just because games weren't exclusive to Xbox. An Xbox could be seen as just easy, cheap, and convenient for a lot of people too. I don't really think exclusivity is a good thing; it gives a console more value yeah, but at the cost of taking choices and control away from the consumer. Now instead those that would buy an Xbox would be buying it because they like the Xbox. Not because of the games on it.

Plus I like to think that Microsoft does not equate to Xbox, but just Microsoft platforms in general.

1 minute ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

And most people aren't going to buy a console for 1 or 2 small obscure titles that are truly exclusive. :c

I mean, I do if it's something I seriously want, but I damn sure don't fault anyone to not want a XBox for fucking Raiden V.

1 minute ago, Battlechili said:

I can see that, but I don't really think many of the people who play on Xbox necessarily also game on PC. A lot of people just play on whatever console is most convenient and available; not everyone would jump to PC gaming just because games weren't exclusive to Xbox. An Xbox could be seen as just easy, cheap, and convenient for a lot of people too. I don't really think exclusivity is a good thing; it gives a console more value yeah, but at the cost of taking choices and control away from the consumer. Now instead those that would buy an Xbox would be buying it because they like the Xbox. Not because of the games on it.

Plus I like to think that Microsoft does not equate to Xbox, but just Microsoft platforms in general.

Here's the next concern then, buying a new Xbox console. The average consumer will be confused as hell. Im not for consoles having an "4K or VR" version but at least they only announced one other console, Neo

Xbox announced Slim coming out this year and Scorpio coming out next year. Why would I even buy a Slim when Scorpio comes out and if I wanted an Xbox console and never owned one, why even get Xbox One or Slim when I can just wait for Scorpio to be the all powerful one? Parents and grandparents will also be confused seeing these consoles selling back to back

• Like 1