E3 2016

yell0wf0x

Just now, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Here's the next concern then, buying a new Xbox console. The average consumer will be confused as hell. Im not for consoles having an "4K or VR" version but at least they only announced one other console, Neo

Xbox announced Slim coming out this year and Scorpio coming out next year. Why would I even buy a Slim when Scorpio comes out and if I wanted an Xbox console and never owned one, why even get Xbox One or Slim when I can just wait for Scorpio to be the all powerful one? Parents and grandparents will also be confused seeing these consoles selling back to back

Slim will probably be cheaper. Kinda like how Nintendo handled the 3DS.

Not that I'm saying either Nintendo or Microsoft are being smart there. I don't get it either.

1 minute ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Here's the next concern then, buying a new Xbox console. The average consumer will be confused as hell. Im not for consoles having an "4K or VR" version but at least they only announced one other console, Neo

Xbox announced Slim coming out this year and Scorpio coming out next year. Why would I even buy a Slim when Scorpio comes out and if I wanted an Xbox console and never owned one, why even get Xbox One or Slim when I can just wait for Scorpio to be the all powerful one? Parents and grandparents will also be confused seeing these consoles selling back to back

It's basically turning the console market into the "confusing" PC market. A lot of hardcore console gamers shy away from PC because it's not as accessible and confusing. But Microsoft, hell all of the console manufacturers are doing this multiple hardware game. The purpose of consoles is to streamline development, playing, and purchasing to make gaming a simple experience. But with 3 and 4 versions of the same console, that throws that ease of use out of the window.

I'm also wondering how developers will be able to handle this if they decide to go multiplat. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

It's basically turning the console market into the "confusing" PC market. A lot of hardcore console gamers shy away from PC because it's not as accessible and confusing. But Microsoft, hell all of the console manufacturers are doing this multiple hardware game. The purpose of consoles is to streamline development, playing, and purchasing to make gaming a simple experience. But with 3 and 4 versions of the same console, that throws that ease of use out of the window.

I'm also wondering how developers will be able to handle this if they decide to go multiplat. 

The pressure on developers will be even greater. The VR version on consoles HAS to be a constant 60fps. 

49 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I have an entire playthrough of Twilight Princess recorded and saved on my computer, I never need to go play it again

I might get the Wolf Link Amiibo though. I got Ike for Fire Emblem Fates.

Watching yourself playing a game is kinda weird.

also I guess a Skyward Sword HD is not out of the question. I'd be okay with that. On my recent replay I felt like I might have been super hard on it the first time. 

1 minute ago, Imperial Impact said:

Nah, Your just too cheap to buy games.

I bought Sonic Lost World like a week ago though (still haven't played it)

Anyway, here is a fanfiction I thought up of just now:

Link: "You know, it's just us out here in this wilderness"

Wolf Link: "Arwoo?"

Link: "No one would be here to judge us if we, you know, took care of some things"

Wolf Link: "Pant pant"

Link: "Takes his clothes of slowly"

Wolf Link: "Ruff ruff!! Rrrruff!!"

(The rest is NSFW)

1 minute ago, SirRob said:

Link: "No one would be here to judge us if we, you know, took care of some things"

(The rest is NSFW)

tumblr_n6c7w4VZrx1r98fdvo1_400.gif

Yes yes, quite great literature. Worthy of a fist in the mouth. :^)

4 minutes ago, SirRob said:

(The rest is NSFW)

You are one sick fox, Rob. 

And that is why we love you.

4 minutes ago, SirRob said:

(The rest is NSFW)

gfs_14052_2_5.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirRob said:

(The rest is NSFW)

A story only Justin Trudeau would like.

Do I post Final Fantasy XV/World of Final Fantasy/Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age E3 information in here or in the Final Fantasy thread? I've been posting movie/anime stuff over there but actual game news is starting to surface.

EDIT: Oh hey SirRob

link.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Do I post Final Fantasy XV/World of Final Fantasy/Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age E3 information in here or in the Final Fantasy thread? I've been posting movie/anime stuff over there but actual game news is starting to surface.

EDIT: Oh hey SirRob

link.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2G_uYSEdSY

51 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

...Is it bad that I think this is the best looking Shantae game?

I think it's a nice blend of 2d and 3d, I almost always like that sort of thing. The sprites in Pirate's Curse were really nice too, though. I've never played the games but I think it's great that the series is doing well. Shantae's a cool character.

34 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Tits & ass?

That's all these games really are appreciated for huh? All I usually see talked about if it's not the (impressive) sprite work. I couldn't even finish Pirate's Curse. I got bored super fast. But this little dude brightens my day for some reason.

4fbcb19f579458b2e1c8f26a0e987185.png

2 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Isn't that what you care the most?

Surprisingly...no. :c

I actually didn't think the game would have as much fanservice as it did and Risky's Revenge was pretty light on it. I only played them because WayForward made Contra 4 which is the best Contra and the best DS game I own. So I wanted to see what else they had. But Shantae, Mighty Switch Force, I think they made this one BloodRayne game...I found them a bit TOO basic. And Shantae seems far too reliant on DeviantArt-esque anime girls...

I backed it because "These guys made Contra 4 (also my friend works for them so why not)"

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

I forgot about this. I'm gonna use it in the future because I love Microsoft controllers and having a totally personalized one would be rad. The new XBS controllers are bluetooth so I can actually use it on my PC without an adaptor. $80 is a stretch though, so I'll wait on it. I'm just playing with it to see what you can make.

I've been browsing e3recap on my impromptu day off, and there is some incredible stuff I missed! Serious Sam VR? Lube me up bby. The new Zelda looks incredible too, but buying a console for one exclusive would be SILLY. Bring out the big guns, Nintendo, and my money is yours.

For the casual apathetic consumer like myself, it seems like there's finally a reason to pickup a console. I'm going with PS4 for the sheer amount of announced games I want, but fair fugs to Microsoft and their new direction. A 4k VR capable console is an exciting prospect, and the closer ties to PC gaming are a step in the right direction.

33 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Nintendo? Releasing games people care about in a reasonable timeframe? This ain't the 90s, boyo. Wake up and smell the droughts. :y

At least Zelda will hold you for a WHILE though. 

Zelda is going to be the next water cooler.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

I played Smash U for like a whole year.

You weren't the only one. lol

Wii U has a lot of great games now though. But damn...took long enough.

Also, what's this new game? Link it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, get a load of this. lmao

http://the-cringe-channel.tumblr.com/post/145960284969/shepardrahl-the-cancerous-reaction-to-the

Scheduled annual events are offensive now guys.