BREXIT

Brexit Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brexit a good idea?

• Yeah
    • Nah

Scotland should be its own nation. It's obvious that is has different ideas than England. 

I think the appropriate thing after this exit is for Ireland to be united (or Northern Ireland should become its own thing), Scotland should leave, and then England can be its own thing. It's like a divorce. Better for the kids. 

I wonder if Scotland and Ireland are dependent on EU money to keep their economies afloat? Kinda disappointing they decided to stay, considering how hard Mel Gibson fought for their freedom and independence.

And, can someone explain to me why being united necessitates having to submit to the same ruling political organization? US is pretty united with UK, China, and Japan, just because we like each other and trade products with each other.

5 minutes ago, Butters said:

Scotland should be its own nation. It's obvious that is has different ideas than England. 

I think the appropriate thing after this exit is for Ireland to be united (or Northern Ireland should become its own thing), Scotland should leave, and then England can be its own thing. It's like a divorce. Better for the kids. 

Sinn Fein is calling for Irish reunification.  Who knows.

7 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I wonder if Scotland and Ireland are dependent on EU money to keep their economies Alost afloat? Kinda disappointing they decided to stay, considering how hard Mel Gibson fought for their freedom and independence.

Now you're just trolling.

Seriously, during the independence referendum last year, I was told by a Scottish national living in the US that it was basically 300 years too late for Scotland to leave the UK, implying that Scotland was so dependent on England that leaving would be ruinous.

Scotland voted against their potential independence before already. They will do so again.

Who will pump them full of money? England will.

Who will subsidize their free colleges and universities? England will.

Who will bail them out when their oil industry fails thanks to the market prices? England will.

Should they leave, what's going to happen to them? They're going to be turned into another debt colony just like the other poor EU nations.

Scots voting out will be a disaster, but they've voted against potential freedom twice already.

Scots wants welfare, but they're not going to pay for it themselves. C'mon Wales, our lil' buddy. You've earned your dragon on the flag. Scots can have their second referendum. We'll still win either way.

I'd like Scots to leave, but they never will. They need us.
If they leave however, best of luck to them. They get my vote of confidence and I really think we could have a nice relationship. But this referendum suggests to me things need to change.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ArielMT said:

I heard rumor there's a petition for a second Scottish indyref because of Brexit, and so many people are trying to sign it that the site is crashing.

Not just a petition - Nicola Sturgeon (Scotland's First Minister) confirmed in this speech this morning that if a deal can't be arranged to keep Scotland in the EU while still remaining a part of the UK, they will propose a second referendum and put the legislation up for a vote in the scottish parliament (which would almost certainly pass as the SNP + the Greens voting together gives 69 out of 129 voting in favour). So the drive for a second referendum on independence is happening at the government level.

I think the likelihood for it to end up being a Yes result this time round has definitely increased dramatically, however whether it does end up being a Yes result depends entirely on how the SNP play their politics in the next couple of years, the timing (having it happen when opinions polls consistently say ~60% support for independence, as the SNP have said is their benchmark), and also how negotiations for leaving the EU play out. Whatever happens, the EU result has definitely altered loads of people's opinions (my parents have both said they would vote Yes this time round, having voted No originally).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rassah said:

The problem is they will completely bankrupt with their dental needs...

Pounds are falling, so time to move money into something that's going up in the other direction! https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1ka962/eli5_how_bitcoins_work_mining_them_and_spending/cbn11um

Not surprising Rassah still has the dick of Bitcoin in his mouth and is still trying to get all of us to jump into his little cybermoney cult.

"POUND IS FALLING GET BITCOIN"

Also, the sky is blue, Trump is an asshole, water is wet...

36 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Not surprising Rassah still has the dick of Bitcoin in his mouth and is still trying to get all of us to jump into his little cybermoney cult.

Well, you can clearly see where Brexit is on this chart 

Screenshot_20160624-155348.jpg

and all predictions by both insiders and global bankers is that it will get better as things there get worse. Why not make something out of it? You guys already lost out on the $400 to $650 climb (63% rise) in just the last 1.5 months. Better than any stock or savings account. Moreover it's exactly what I predicted and said would happen in this same thread.

5 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

ClthheYUkAAC9DQ.jpg:large

Holy shit... now I'm gettin' pissed off at these people.

Maybe we SHOULD have stayed in the EU so we could learn from the European countries that actually respect their elderly!

Over here this is a massive culture of wanting to hide away our older people and we think it's normal. But this is just plain fuckin' rude.

The UK is dead. Long live a United Ireland and free Scotland! Let the Little Englanders have their xenophobic utopia.

3 hours ago, Butters said:

(or Northern Ireland should become its own thing)

The economy would collapse within a week and paramilitaries would fight a brutal civil war for reunification with either Ireland or England.

2 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

Gee whizz, Billy

how come your mom gives you TWO gibsemedats?

I'm willing to bet it's just a political stunt to make it look like having a referendum is Sturgeon's "last resort" rather than the first choice off the mark. To make it more palatable to voters. The SNP must know the chances of it actually working out for Scotland to stay in the EU and the UK are pretty much nil. :P

Lel (kek?):

"The British stock market is the best performing European stock market today.

UK Stocks -3.14% worst since Jan 2016
US Stocks -3% worst since Aug 2015 (biggest opening gap down since 1987)
VIX +6pts biggest daly rise since Aug 2015 crash
Japan Stocks -7.9% worst since 2011 (Tsunami)
Spain Stocks -12.5% worst since 1987
Italy Stocks -12% worst since 1997
EU Banks -14.5% worst ever
US Banks -4.75% worst since Nov 2011
US 30Y Yield -14bps biggest drop since 2011
US 2Y Yield -14bps biggest drop since 2009
German 10Y Yield -14bps biggest drop since 2011"

6 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Lel (kek?):

"The British stock market is the best performing European stock market today.

UK Stocks -3.14% worst since Jan 2016
US Stocks -3% worst since Aug 2015 (biggest opening gap down since 1987)
VIX +6pts biggest daly rise since Aug 2015 crash
Japan Stocks -7.9% worst since 2011 (Tsunami)
Spain Stocks -12.5% worst since 1987
Italy Stocks -12% worst since 1997
EU Banks -14.5% worst ever
US Banks -4.75% worst since Nov 2011
US 30Y Yield -14bps biggest drop since 2011
US 2Y Yield -14bps biggest drop since 2009
German 10Y Yield -14bps biggest drop since 2011"

how does one even work with stocks anyway

1 hour ago, Zaraphayx said:

ClthheYUkAAC9DQ.jpg:large

These idiots have just as much of a right to vote as the elderly.

There's a lot of bitterness from both sides to be fair. I've seen a lot of 'young people shouldn't get the vote because they'll just vote remain!'

This is gonna fuck up the UK something fierce and it will serve as an expample why we need the EU.

They wanted an independant UK and now it's gonna crumble away if Scottland and Northern Ireland leave the Union to stay in the EU.

And honestly? If they ever decide to come crawling back because their economy took a gigantic hit from this I only see two options:
We either keep them out or we take them back without any of the benefits they got, like the reduced payments to the EU. If they want back in they need to feel the consequences.

I don't think this will lead to the end of the EU. According to polls more people in Germany want to be part of the EU than ever. Or it does fall and gets replaced by something better. That would work too.

4 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

This is gonna fuck up the UK something fierce and it will serve as an expample why we need the EU.

They wanted an independant UK and now it's gonna crumble away if Scottland and Northern Ireland leave the Union to stay in the EU.

And honestly? If they ever decide to come crawling back because their economy took a gigantic hit from this I only see two options:
We either keep them out or we take them back without any of the benefits they got, like the reduced payments to the EU. If they want back in they need to feel the consequences.

I don't think this will lead to the end of the EU. According to polls more people in Germany want to be part of the EU than ever. Or it does fall and gets replaced by something better. That would work too.

More likely you need us, Krautfriend. We did great without you even without our empire, after pushing your shit backwards with our burger bros, twice. Obama may hate us, but the rest of the world and the Trumpeteers may give us something else.

We're the second biggest contributor to the EU after you! Lets see if you can continue to manage your member states and their debts to banking groups!

ClvgnyCWEAEyBBv.jpg:large

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Why?

Why would it crumble, if those two have crumbling economies that UK props up, and they leave to become EU's problem?

Why would they want back in? Trade between UK and India, US, China, and the rest of Asia has been increasing quite a bit recently. They can manage without EU trades, though I suspect EU will want to continue to trade.

I don't think this will lead to the end of the EU. According to polls more people in Germany want to be part of the EU than ever.

That's a given, considering Germany pretty much IS the EU. I wonder how many of those more people than ever in Germany want to kick other countries OUT of EU?

31 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I know fuck-all about European politics or economics so I say this purely from a philosophical standpoint.

Why the hell would you let a bunch of un-elected bureaucrats in another country, who may not even speak the same goddamn language as you decide everything? How the fuck is that a democracy?

At least in America we're given the courtesy of choosing who fucks us, even if realistically "we" refers exclusively to Iowa, New Hampshire and a couple other token swing states.

• Like 3

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

Why the hell would you let a bunch of un-elected bureaucrats in another country, who may not even speak the same goddamn language as you decide everything? How the fuck is that a democracy?

If you ask the internet right now, not complying would be racist nazi shit

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

If you ask the internet right now, not complying would be racist nazi shit

Muslim: I think gay people should die, and all other religions are infurior!

Liberals: Aaaaaaa Muslim-sama ///////

White guy: Illegal immigration is an issue.

Liberals: BURN IN HELL YOU MEGA HITLER, RACIST, MISSYSAGGYNUST, HOMOPHOBIC, XENOPHOBIC, HOOKED-ON-PHONIX BITCH!

Liberalism: Just don't do it.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Clv6VW_UgAE-E0d.jpg:large

i haven't met a single person like this with this attitude in my entire life

ive spent most of today at one of the villiage's pubs, and i just cant imagine meeting some tumblrite in there

then again its a working class community, my sig might as well be a photo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Tbh I'm fairly certain most of their problems are partially the EU's fault anyway, so if they leave too they might have a chance to fix some of the problems, maybe.

Pretty sure they abuse Greece as a debt colony. They'll never be able to get out of it. It's some Weimar-tier shit, and it's no surprise that Golden Dawn is getting membership there. You'd think the Germans of all people would learn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

Gimme $50,000 so I can put a deposit on a new house plz.

Nah. But I can get you a plane ticket and smuggle you into another country, or help get you a job. How much space is inside your butthole, and are you allergic to latex or plastic bags?