Rant: Can dish it out but can't take it.

Red Lion

50 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Racism is racism, plain and simple. The truth is, anyone can be racist. Doesn't matter what color your skin is. And SJWs are especially racist, whether or not they want to admit it.

They are the most. Once they decide to form their own "anti" group it should, ironically, be labeled as a hate group. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Frig said:

They are the most. Once they decide to form their own "anti" group it should, ironically, be labeled as a hate group. 

I hate this thread. Blah blah blah. 

But yeah, SJW's just help put more people in more boxes, and that's the worst racism of all. 

• Like 3

Seems the woman who hijacked the vigil is still crying "me me me"

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/mizzou-race-activists-declare-too-many-white-people-at-orlando-vigil/
The article doesn't really say anything people who saw the video don't already know so I'm just going to pick out the important part.

On Twitter, she addressed a Missourian article that reported “A few [attendees] complained publicly that Melecio was segregating the community instead of bringing it together.”

Just read an article that says I hijacked the vigil yesterday. Bruh

— Tiffany Melecio (@TheTiff_Myster) June 15, 2016

“I’m alright,” she also tweeted. “Jk just read articles. This sucks. Never wanna speak anymore. On the side of high way really fighting depression.”

"people don't like what I did now I'm going to act EVEN MORE like a victim and make an overt implication that I'm suicidal" #Triggered

37 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Classic case of 'waaah i want to be the bigger victim here!! even though evidence strongly suggests this was not a racially motivated attack it's still a race issue!!!!11'

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gamedog said:

blacks are not allowed to avoid saying hateful shit against non-pocs, theyre not allowed to work hard, not allowed to get married (especially not to whites) and they cant criticise the actions of their own race because these things would be anti-black

duhhh

edit: oh yeah and you cant speak correctly. that is anti-black

This is a complaint that I wasn't aware of until now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Lion said:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/mizzou-race-activists-declare-too-many-white-people-at-orlando-vigil/
The article doesn't really say anything people who saw the video don't already know so I'm just going to pick out the important part.

"people don't like what I did now I'm going to act EVEN MORE like a victim and make an overt implication that I'm suicidal" #Triggered

Looks like she went into protective overdrive. Changed her Twitter username and locked down her account. Hnnnnnng I wanted to read more of it!

Well I had another encounter today, this time with a girl I haven't seen since highschool who recognized me in the store and wanted a chat. We did ok until she got on the topic of racism. She believes that in light of the Orlando shootings LGBT issues have gotten a lot more attention than the issues of black people (specifically black people) and that the African American community is being ignored in favor of a minority group that is predominately white. She also said some things that were pretty homophobic, describing LGBT as if it were a lifestyle and culture and that you could keep all of your white/cis privilege by just staying in the closet. In her mind this means that any violence or hate you get for being LGBT happens to you because you chose to expose yourself. I got the tired rhetoric from her "my people can't cover their skin, we have to be black every day and we have no choice". 

Being LGBT myself I didn't really care for this. For one, even if I were to "stay closeted" that alone puts a lot of stress and pressure on me. There's always that question in the back of my mind when I talk to people "If they knew I had same sex relations would they still want to be friends?" and I have a really tense nervous reaction to people who reveal they are very conservative and religious because I've come to expect negative encounters. Not to mention even when I do come out to people there's always the chance that the older, more conservative people in my life will refuse to acknowledge it or treat me differently. So no, staying closeted doesn't allow you maintain some kind of "privilege" it just sets you up for stress, guilt and isolation. There is nothing worse than feeling like you have to hide something from your own family because your family are assholes that won't accept you. I told her this and she said it's no excuse to ignore the suffering of the black community. She also mentioned that there are more black people than gay people so fixing the black community should be priority because no one is more disadvantaged than black women.  

Honestly I'm getting sick of people acting like BLM issues top everything.  

• Like 3

On 6/19/2016 at 3:26 PM, Red Lion said:

Well I had another encounter today, this time with a girl I haven't seen since highschool who recognized me in the store and wanted a chat. We did ok until she got on the topic of racism. She believes that in light of the Orlando shootings LGBT issues have gotten a lot more attention than the issues of black people (specifically black people) and that the African American community is being ignored in favor of a minority group that is predominately white. She also said some things that were pretty homophobic, describing LGBT as if it were a lifestyle and culture and that you could keep all of your white/cis privilege by just staying in the closet. In her mind this means that any violence or hate you get for being LGBT happens to you because you chose to expose yourself. I got the tired rhetoric from her "my people can't cover their skin, we have to be black every day and we have no choice". 

Being LGBT myself I didn't really care for this. For one, even if I were to "stay closeted" that alone puts a lot of stress and pressure on me. There's always that question in the back of my mind when I talk to people "If they knew I had same sex relations would they still want to be friends?" and I have a really tense nervous reaction to people who reveal they are very conservative and religious because I've come to expect negative encounters. Not to mention even when I do come out to people there's always the chance that the older, more conservative people in my life will refuse to acknowledge it or treat me differently. So no, staying closeted doesn't allow you maintain some kind of "privilege" it just sets you up for stress, guilt and isolation. There is nothing worse than feeling like you have to hide something from your own family because your family are assholes that won't accept you. I told her this and she said it's no excuse to ignore the suffering of the black community. She also mentioned that there are more black people than gay people so fixing the black community should be priority because no one is more disadvantaged than black women.  

Honestly I'm getting sick of people acting like BLM issues top everything.  

It's an awful shame you came across a person like this. My brother's fiance has a black family (cuz he's black lol) and his sisters are very pro-lgbt. They even took us out to a black drag show. xD There's a lot of homophobia in that community though. It's really sad because it really hurts black lgbt people. 

You should have told her that heterosexual people have done enough talking and deciding for the lgbt community. (That's my go-to "shut the fuck up" phrase for homophobes.) 

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

It's an awful shame you came across a person like this. My brother's fiance has a black family (cuz he's black lol) and his sisters are very pro-lgbt. They even took us out to a black drag show. xD There's a lot of homophobia in that community though. It's really sad because it really hurts black lgbt people. 

You should have told her that heterosexual people have done enough talking and deciding for the lgbt community. (That's my go-to "shut the fuck up" phrase for homophobes.) 

yeah, I've seen people in the black community get downright nasty about LGBT stuff. Some of it is ignorant religious bs and the rest, like with this girl, is some kind of weird jealousy. Some of them get incredibly offended if you compare gay civil rights to black civil rights. 

There are no winners when you play the oppression Olympics. >:P 

1 minute ago, Red Lion said:

yeah, I've seen people in the black community get downright nasty about LGBT stuff. Some of it is ignorant religious bs and the rest, like with this girl, is some kind of weird jealousy. Some of them get incredibly offended if you compare gay civil rights to black civil rights. 

It's sometimes due to insecurity as well. That if one group gets "something", it takes away attention and time from another group. Crab-people mentality basically. 

Oppression Olympics positions are easily defeated by Intersectionality though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

8 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

In the government classes I took at uni, everyone was pretty chill discussing LGBT topics (since those came up a lot)...

except for this one black guy lol

• Like 1

Granted, the town I live in is really poor and I feel like I have to wade through a layer of homeless people, garbage and piss just to do my shopping there. It's no surprise that ignorance is rampant. That said the youth around here is really embracing the SJW tumblr mentality, probably as a result of them all being raised in extremely stifling conservative households. So I feel like all I see are the extremes sometimes. People too eager to jump on the trendy crusades because they fancy themselves as edgy rebels vs stubborn, petulant traditionalists who are afraid they're going to lose their victim cards. 

6 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Granted, the town I live in is really poor and I feel like I have to wade through a layer of homeless people, garbage and piss just to do my shopping there. It's no surprise that ignorance is rampant. That said the youth around here is really embracing the SJW tumblr mentality, probably as a result of them all being raised in extremely stifling conservative households. So I feel like all I see are the extremes sometimes. People too eager to jump on the trendy crusades because they fancy themselves as edgy rebels vs stubborn, petulant traditionalists who are afraid they're going to lose their victim cards. 

Everyone is a victim : D

11 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

In the government classes I took at uni, everyone was pretty chill discussing LGBT topics (since those came up a lot)...

except for this one black guy lol

Black people are the most homophobic demographic and nobody wants to talk about it 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gamedog said:

Black people are the most homophobic demographic and nobody wants to talk about it 

No one criticizes the black community because they know that no matter how logical or objective the criticism they will be met with accusations of racism. I mean, you can BE a member of that community and you'll be called an uncle tom or a slavery apologist before anyone is willing to hear what you have to say about the more toxic aspects of black culture. Gang glorification, thug culture, misogyny  and rampant homophobia in the black community are problems that plenty of black people have tried to address only to be disregarded as someone sucking up to whitey. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Red Lion said:

No one criticizes the black community because they know that no matter how logical or objective the criticism they will be met with accusations of racism. I mean, you can BE a member of that community and you'll be called an uncle tom or a slavery apologist before anyone is willing to hear what you have to say about the more toxic aspects of black culture. Gang glorification, thug culture, misogyny  and rampant homophobia in the black community are problems that plenty of black people have tried to address only to be disregarded as someone sucking up to whitey. 

Ding ding ding ding ding

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricky said:

What does it matter who is collectively more prejudiced against what ever group, they should all stop, and everyone should all be happy and fuck each other already. Holy hell.

I wish we could have utopia actually exist. 

There wouldn't be as much high blood pressure and sodium.

I feel like this thread is forgetting the affect socioeconomic status has on minorities/oppressed groups, their beliefs, and sway on their walk of life. As far as I can see [in this thread], there seems to be hate of things that can't fully be understood -- Hell, neither can I.

Each person knows their own truth - and so I have to respect who they are, why they're doing what they do, and the culture that somehow came to be. 

Though, there are some qualities that I think should be deemed terrible across all people. Just like the rest of you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terminal7 said:

I feel like this thread is forgetting the affect socioeconomic status has on minorities/oppressed groups, their beliefs, and sway on their walk of life.

Those were actually my exact sentiments when I thought about it. It didn't really make sense there to take a defensive position though. I mean, you get more ignorance where there is less education. There is less education in groups that done have as much money. Then again, I've been living there these last six months so it seems like common sense to me at this point.

• Like 2

In this day and age, I feel I would win the oppression olympics if I cared about that bullshit.

I mean, as a white, gay, western male, and in particular *gasp* Quebecois, jeez... At this point I'm literally considered a piece of human trash.

But it's a known fact these are actually privileges created by TUH EVIL PATRIARCHY. I should be thankful to have them! :V

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

In this day and age, I feel I would win the oppression olympics if I cared about that bullshit.

I mean, as a white, gay, western male, and in particular *gasp* Quebecois, jeez... At this point I'm literally considered a piece of human trash.

But it's a known fact these are actually privileges created by TUH EVIL PATRIARCHY. I should be thankful to have them! :V

True.

Being Quebecois is the oppression equivalent of having down syndrome. 

8 hours ago, Ricky said:

You'll have to explain this a bit for me.

Literally the only part of Canadia I've ever been was Niagra Falls ... >.>

That's a very Canadian thing. A continuation of the centuries-old English vs French hostilities if you will LOL. Except that the media are depicting us like the demographic garbage of this country, because of a minority of retards who do nothing but whine with their bellies full.

If Canada was a family, Quebec would be the 14 year-old whiny teen who keeps on threatening he'll leave the house, yet he never does it because he's actually afraid to do it.

But I'm really starting to believe we're collectively lagging behind in terms of intelligence. For example, just as the federal government got rid of its long gun registry, WE'RE CREATING A NEW ONE, FROM SCRATCH. I bet they'll introduce some sort of annual fees with this. One more fucking gimmick...

Living in this province is getting really embarrassing. ¬¬ 

9 hours ago, Ricky said:

You'll have to explain this a bit for me.

Literally the only part of Canadia I've ever been was Niagra Falls ... >.>

My God, the NY side of that place has to be the most miserable, sad, dumpy, polluted, run-down place I've seen in the US. It makes places like Gary, IN, and Trenton, NJ look classy. Odd, and it's right by those falls. Buffalo was pretty depressing as well, like Detroit, but worse. Odd area, near those falls. Love Canal is nearby,, that famous toxic waste sight. I wonder if it's in the tour books?

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

That's a very Canadian thing. A continuation of the centuries-old English vs French hostilities if you will LOL. Except that the media are depicting us like the demographic garbage of this country, because of a minority of retards who do nothing but whine with their bellies full.

If Canada was a family, Quebec would be the 14 year-old whiny teen who keeps on threatening he'll leave the house, yet he never does it because he's actually afraid to do it.

But I'm really starting to believe we're collectively lagging behind in terms of intelligence. For example, just as the federal government got rid of its long gun registry, WE'RE CREATING A NEW ONE, FROM SCRATCH. I bet they'll introduce some sort of annual fees with this. One more fucking gimmick...

Living in this province is getting really embarrassing. ¬¬ 

Don't forget the law that makes signs in any language other than french illegal. 

How's that for freedom of speech?