Rant: The Dad, the Son, the Hippies and the Yurt

KookyFox

Hey you bunch of fluffycuddlyfloofs,

So I came back to my hometown this weekend and up until thursday in order to see my mom, didter and dad for a short while before I go to Ireland. In order to help you comprehend the rest of this a bit better, I'll let you know that my mom and dad have been seperated ever since I turned 3, and that I basically only ever saw my dad less than a seventh of my life.

So I hadn't seen my dad in about three month now so I planned to spend the week end with him. Now guess what kind of exciting dad/son quality time activity he had in mind for me;

Fishing? Visiting some place? Watching a movie? Shooting with the BB guns? Playing the Guitar? Going to the bar?  NOPE!

We went to take a yurt apart at a hippy-dippy community in the middle of nowhere

Sounds crazy? Wait until you read the whole story! So this yurt was bought by what used to be my stepmother but isn't really anymore (so why is my dad doing that for her... idk) in order for her to live in it while her house is being sold... and knowing her she will probably stay in it. So she is like this very hippy-dippy-ish kind of person who eat germinated seeds and spiruline, I'm sure you get the idea. So we basically went at a local hippy community in the middle of an old field in a very remote area.

Now as we were taking down that yurt (trust me it as one hell of a job) a bunch of hippies were just watching us, and standing in our way every once in a while, randomly asking questions about the wood used and stuff like that. At a point one of themm said that the gap between the two sheets of glass in his windows were filled with Argon and that, according to him, Argon isolated more than air and vaccuum and when I went to explain him the fucking basics of thermodynamics he kind of mocked me saying that he didn't need all that knowledge (that old fucker).

Then came the time when we had it all loaded in a small Ford truck to bring it home, but that truck was a fuking piece of junk. First big problem: it couldn't contact well enough by turning the key and then startup. So I had to grab a piece of wire, connect from the 12Vpos to the starter wire itself in order to have it start and stay on. Yes I litterally had to "steal" that truck to get it to move again.

I almost died on the road on the return trip, the truck as so heavy an the engine so tired that we could barely make it to 60km/h on flat roads (where it is limited to 90km/h). There I stayed because I was tired of this shit, there I went to eat my stepbrother and his GF at his grandma's. At that point my dad arrived and well he didn't come back to talk to me, noooo, he came back to watch rugby! I tried to watch it with them but  fell asleep in the middle.

So I wentback home and tried to sleep there but my stepmother had brought one of the hppies over and gave him my room to sleep in, so my stepbrother had to depart earlier in order to leave me his room for the night.

So yeah, great fucking week end! Can't wait to be in Ireland, away from this shit and in loving arms.

Now as we were taking down that yurt (trust me it as one hell of a job) a bunch of hippies were just watching us, and standing in our way every once in a while, randomly asking questions about the wood used and stuff like that. At a point one of themm said that the gap between the two sheets of glass in his windows were filled with Argon and that, according to him,

Argon isolated more than air and vaccuum

and when I went to explain him the fucking basics of thermodynamics he kind of mocked me saying that he didn't need all that knowledge

i would have no patience for this shit

god I hate hippies

At a point one of them said that the gap between the two sheets of glass in his windows were filled with Argon and that, according to him, Argon isolated more than air and vaccuum and when I went to explain him the fucking basics of thermodynamics he kind of mocked me saying that he didn't need all that knowledge (that old fucker).

It is common practice to use a blanket of inert gas (such as Argon) during chemical reactions in a volatile organic solvent in order to prevent combustion. You wouldn't want to use air because it has oxygen which is combustible. A vacuum would create a vapor phase filled with solvent, which is then vulnerable to any air which might leak in.

Hippy dippy man r genius u r wrong he just didn't want to tell you the long-held hippy secrets of reaction engineering u just jelly of hippy man and his knowledge of natural phenomena like mass production of synthetic chemicals haha i trolled u good victory r mine.

*Shitty rage-inducing dance party*

A yurt is quite an undertaking to set up and take down. Sorry you had a less than stellar weekend. Perhaps the next one will not be so bad. Make yourself hard to reach for setting the Yurt back up though. They can be tricky and time consuming to rebuild. My uncle had one on his hunting lease. They are a great little temporary building, but I am glad I didn't own it.

As for the mockery of the explanation of thermodynamics and argon gas envelopes, the person you were trying to explain it to has probably smoked, tripped and drank so much they have killed their brain cells and doesn't comprehend. It was rude to act the way that person did, but it is obvious he or she wasn't interested. I would suggest avoiding contact if they bother you. 

Edited by Skylar Husky

Hey you bunch of fluffycuddlyfloofs,

So I came back to my hometown this weekend and up until thursday in order to see my mom, didter and dad for a short while before I go to Ireland. In order to help you comprehend the rest of this a bit better, I'll let you know that my mom and dad have been seperated ever since I turned 3, and that I basically only ever saw my dad less than a seventh of my life.

So I hadn't seen my dad in about three month now so I planned to spend the week end with him. Now guess what kind of exciting dad/son quality time activity he had in mind for me;

Fishing? Visiting some place? Watching a movie? Shooting with the BB guns? Playing the Guitar? Going to the bar?  NOPE!

We went to take a yurt apart at a hippy-dippy community in the middle of nowhere

Sounds crazy? Wait until you read the whole story! So this yurt was bought by what used to be my stepmother but isn't really anymore (so why is my dad doing that for her... idk) in order for her to live in it while her house is being sold... and knowing her she will probably stay in it. So she is like this very hippy-dippy-ish kind of person who eat germinated seeds and spiruline, I'm sure you get the idea. So we basically went at a local hippy community in the middle of an old field in a very remote area.

Now as we were taking down that yurt (trust me it as one hell of a job) a bunch of hippies were just watching us, and standing in our way every once in a while, randomly asking questions about the wood used and stuff like that. At a point one of themm said that the gap between the two sheets of glass in his windows were filled with Argon and that, according to him, Argon isolated more than air and vaccuum and when I went to explain him the fucking basics of thermodynamics he kind of mocked me saying that he didn't need all that knowledge (that old fucker).

Then came the time when we had it all loaded in a small Ford truck to bring it home, but that truck was a fuking piece of junk. First big problem: it couldn't contact well enough by turning the key and then startup. So I had to grab a piece of wire, connect from the 12Vpos to the starter wire itself in order to have it start and stay on. Yes I litterally had to "steal" that truck to get it to move again.

I almost died on the road on the return trip, the truck as so heavy an the engine so tired that we could barely make it to 60km/h on flat roads (where it is limited to 90km/h). There I stayed because I was tired of this shit, there I went to eat my stepbrother and his GF at his grandma's. At that point my dad arrived and well he didn't come back to talk to me, noooo, he came back to watch rugby! I tried to watch it with them but  fell asleep in the middle.

So I wentback home and tried to sleep there but my stepmother had brought one of the hppies over and gave him my room to sleep in, so my stepbrother had to depart earlier in order to leave me his room for the night.

So yeah, great fucking week end! Can't wait to be in Ireland, away from this shit and in loving arms.

Kind of a cross-post, but I think this wonderfully illustrates one of the reasons I don't want kids. I wouldn't want to inadvertently do shit like this that makes my kid so resentful of me. Even if they mean well, parents can do some really stupid shit and I don't wanna see myself become that.

That being said, sorry your weekend was such a waste. Hope your trip makes up for it!

A yurt is quite an undertaking to set up and take down. Sorry you had a less than stellar weekend. Perhaps the next one will not be so bad. Make yourself hard to reach for setting the Yurt back up though. They can be tricky and time consuming to rebuild. My uncle had one on his hunting lease. They are a great little temporary building, but I am glad I didn't own it.

As for the mockery of the explanation of thermodynamics and argon gas envelopes, the person you were trying to explain it to has probably smoked, tripped and drank so much they have killed their brain cells and doesn't comprehend. It was rude to act the way that person did, but it is obvious he or she wasn't interested. I would suggest avoiding contact if they bother you. 

fun fact: there weren't high on anyting and I didn't see them smoke either. Next week end will be great, cuz I'll be with my Kinnyfloofbutt in Ireland ^w^. And yeah I'm gonna plan  trip to Swaziland for when they rebuild it, no way they'll look for me there.

Kind of a cross-post, but I think this wonderfully illustrates one of the reasons I don't want kids. I wouldn't want to inadvertently do shit like this that makes my kid so resentful of me. Even if they mean well, parents can do some really stupid shit and I don't wanna see myself become that.

That being said, sorry your weekend was such a waste. Hope your trip makes up for it!

Well you know,  would only see my dad one weekend out of two, I never really could bond so much with him ^^. And yeah the tri is gonna be the greatest!

The disconnect between parents and children is often a terrible thing to behold. My sympathies.

thanksies *hugs* -w-