Arts in Progress: The General WIPs sharethread

Zydala

[Mod Vae] Got a piece you've never finished, but you'd sure like to show it?
Got a piece you're working on that you're just dying to share RIGHT NOW, without spamming up your personal art thread / galleries / etc?
Post it here, and let people see what you've been up to!

Do not embed anything NSFW. All NSFW material must be placed under a link and warned for accordingly.

(OP botched due to issues with the limitations of the forum software. Posts salvaged from a hidden thread.
Mind the rules.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I started this bigger project the other day and have abandoned it for smaller ones.... we'll see if I keep going. I started a color test for it and everything.

IMG_0618.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some abandoned ones from 2013. Yeeeeee. Never finishing these guys, lol. Maybe one day...

WIPFM.png.a55e4f337c5aab995aa658b35e40ad

BlazeWIP.png.644f77364efb37ddee374cab879

This ones was supposed to have this huge background with the character only taking up the bottom left corner. Took a break from drawing to finish the background later but never got around to doing so. I still have the file with the large gray space to edit but it wasn't saved under a postable file so here is the one that I did save.

LeoraTiny.png.7769cf855ffae7602e2ef1681f

Just taking a little break on this one though. Started it a few hours ago and my eyes are just tired from staring at the screen. It's been quite some time (over a year) since I've done any comp work.

forestsnowwip.jpg.218734ac14e16ca2ea4ddb

Edited by Misomie
  • Like 1

Here's a thing I started at the beginning of last year and according to the timestamp of the scan, I stopped picking at around May. I love the direction it was going in but I started seeing errors that I couldn't get past. I feel like I should still finish it though, but I'll put it up here for posterity in the case I never do.

DreadWiP001.jpg

• Like 4

Yay art block. Intermittent doodling at work. Probably won't post Not sure if these will show up, but it's worth a shot. Still figuring out this place.

The girl holding the mug is a painter of sorts. In one version, she's painting a star on a wall, and in another version she's painting the stars themselves, but I'm just focusing on the character at the moment.

pntsm.png.aaf7a34ad02d1305b0e6da6906176e

songcastsm.png.00e6d6a2be21ca68ba6815e48

• Like 3

Crop of mature charr art (my first charr piece either way) that's taking a lot longer than I'd like because I'm so distracted by Ark: Survival Evolved....IT'S EATING MY SOUUUL

56b65394ae42a_charrcap.jpg.8111e13e52319

Edited by Bakari
didn't notice adult full piece in navigation pane...oops

Officially I'm working on a lot. I don't have WIPs of everything but I have a ton of stuff on my plate right now @_@

Wyvern thing for a commission. I've worked on it a bit since taking this photo
ykQrwi6l.jpg

Inked Valentines thing for an art trade that must promptly be finished with watercolor
http://imgur.com/urNfXfB (Link is NSFW)

Idea for a screen print I'm doing. Needs to be inked then digitalized and blown up to 20x16" 
LiGwu9Ll.jpg

Elf guy for a trade. This scan will be tweaked a bit in Photoshop to make the lines a bit more clear-cut then colored digitally as is. 
zrg5xppl.jpg

Angel dragon badge commission. Stupidly drew this on the wrong orientation and ran out of room for the character's name so I'm going to re-do this with a light table if I ever find one free *shakes fist*
wP1nIkM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, there is so much talent on these forums! I am blown away by how skilled you guys are...

I just finished the line art for a new piece I'm working on, but it has a penis, and I'm not sure I can even post it, haha. I usually don't add any significant detail until I actually color the picture, though. I'm such a novice.

• Vae unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2016 at 9:34 AM, Maug said:

Still working on my game:ruins-concept2-phatend.jpg

This looks spectacular, Maugryph! I realize you might not be around the forums anymore, but by the off chance you see this.. I really hope you managed to finish this piece. Would have loved to see the end result. 

A little something I worked on today, not sure where I want to go with it in terms of inking/colouring, but it's been a long while since I doodled her so I'm glad regardless. :3

nC2CXU2.png

40yZBA4.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I would like people's opinion on which face is better. furry_fox_5.png

furry_fox_6.png

I like the pose and shading on 2 but the perspective and placement on the neck in 1 is much better and it feels less flat. I prefer 1, but somewhere between the two could be even better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally considered drawing Frensel again. Drawn this way so I can finally figure out the shape his body has, despite having some definition in regards to muscles most of it is due to him being skinny and lithe rather than exercised at a gym regularly. I hope this looks weasel-like or at least generic mustelid-ish.

Green lines being whiskers and red lines being the edge of the white belly stripe he has when in his "summer" coat pattern, "winter" coat being white all over.

Also this is the first time I have done him with a non-moody expression and head tilt that makes him look a bit more endearing.

untitled_drawing_by_1sidedownand2up-dap6

Edit: fixed the upload as the image somehow broke

Edited by Lopaw

• 4 weeks later...

The drawing of Frensel became this after I wanted to do away with the "look at me I'm a aeroplane" arms, instead of having him rest on a bar I found having him hang from it showed what chest definition he has better. I still wonder if he can be made any slimmer in the middle as drawing a character with a muscled upper and slender weasel-esque body is a bit awkward. Any criticism is welcomed.

capture_by_1sidedownand2up-dap750v.png

I decided to make NSFW and SFW versions of this image. I know there are several users who appreciate nudes just for their artistic value, and I am interested in knowing whether I have pulled it off correctly here?

I would also like to know whether people believe the fig leaf is being rendered convincingly.

deer_scrap8_fig_leaf.png

On 21/11/2016 at 2:48 AM, Lopaw said:

The drawing of Frensel became this after I wanted to do away with the "look at me I'm a aeroplane" arms, instead of having him rest on a bar I found having him hang from it showed what chest definition he has better. I still wonder if he can be made any slimmer in the middle as drawing a character with a muscled upper and slender weasel-esque body is a bit awkward. Any criticism is welcomed.

capture_by_1sidedownand2up-dap750v.png

If I might offer advice, the general tapering of the body from the rostral (nose) to caudal (bottom) of the body is strange. I know that you have tried to do this to make him look like a weasel, but I thing the arms still need to be thinner than the thighs, and the hips need to be wider.

Weasels are tube-like, they don't really taper from one end to another.

least_weasel_1.jpg

Other than this, your attention to the layout of the pecotral and abdominal muscles is good; a lot of people simply draw a random assembly of lumps.

A bigger fatter nose, may also help distinguish this character as a weasel.

I hope you found that helpful.