The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Sidhenearlahi

I think a general MCU thread is in order

And I figure if there is going to be any discussion then it's probably necessary to add that this will be one spoiler as hell thread.

Anyone else out there at all invested in this crazy cool interconnected Film, Television and Netflix universe? Are you in deep like I am, following all the relevant TV and Netflix series, catching each movie on opening night in Gold Class or whatever the equivalent overpriced cushy cinematic experience is in your region, engaging in regular discussions with other fans?
Just a casual viewer who happily checks out each movie as they come to DvD or Bluray (Or just downloads them illegally, you scoundrels)?
Maybe you've only seen a few of the movies, maybe you liked them well enough but aren't convinced you want to bother getting invested in the larger universe proper?

Favourite entries? Least favourite entries? Highly anticipated movies or series that have already been announced? Highly desired movies or series that haven't been announced? Really anything and everything MCU related.

I've tried to keep up, but Daredevil felt like a bit too boring for my taste. Agent Carter was pretty good, but I fell off for some reason. I'm hoping that my local TV-on-demand services will get the later seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. soon, because that one remains my favourite series of the lot. Bloody brilliant.

I've tried to keep up, but Daredevil felt like a bit too boring for my taste. Agent Carter was pretty good, but I fell off for some reason. I'm hoping that my local TV-on-demand services will get the later seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. soon, because that one remains my favourite series of the lot. Bloody brilliant.

Huh, I gotta say, that's really strange to me

I mean I'm not gonna knock it, because I love all of it, but most people tend to hold the exact opposite opinion. Daredevil being this finely crafted, brilliantly shot, well acted, dramatically paced series with arguably the best, most interesting, multi-faceted and fleshed out villain of any MCU movie or series, whereas Agents Of SHIELD dragged on through most of the first season before it finally found its pace. Even I have to admit, as someone who still enjoyed it thoroughly, that the first ten episodes of Agents Of SHIELD were pretty slow and hard to get through for anyone not invested in the universe as a whole.

Huh, I gotta say, that's really strange to me
I mean I'm not gonna knock it, because I love all of it, but most people tend to hold the exact opposite opinion. Daredevil being this finely crafted, brilliantly shot, well acted, dramatically paced series with arguably the best, most interesting, multi-faceted and fleshed out villain of any MCU movie or series, whereas Agents Of SHIELD dragged on through most of the first season before it finally found its pace. Even I have to admit, as someone who still enjoyed it thoroughly, that the first ten episodes of Agents Of SHIELD were pretty slow and hard to get through for anyone not invested in the universe as a whole.

Oh, Agents of SHIELD definitely started out slow, and I did enjoy the episodes of Daredevil. It just didn't really seem to catch me as I hoped it would have. It has just gotten pushed further down my to-watch list for the time being, which fortunately also means there'll be more to watch when I get around to continuing!

Oh, Agents of SHIELD definitely started out slow, and I did enjoy the episodes of Daredevil. It just didn't really seem to catch me as I hoped it would have. It has just gotten pushed further down my to-watch list for the time being, which fortunately also means there'll be more to watch when I get around to continuing!

Fair enough! I suppose it's also true that Daredevil might not be as interesting if you're the kind of person who's into the super-powered supeheroes. It took a while but Agents of SHIELD did deliver on that, and continues to deliver now that the focus has shifted full focus into the Inhumans

Still, though. Jessica Jones hits in late November, so you might wanna get all caught up on Daredevil by then if you intend to check that out!

• Like 1

Hahaha.. buddy, I am too invested. MCU was what got me into the larger comics fandom anyway, though I'm a little more into DC these days than Marvel. 

Really, all I want to see in MCU is Bucky!Cap. Give me that shit. And I doubt they'd go this way but space!Bucky. Not the shitty Ales Kot space Bucky, but watcher Bucky from Original Sin. 

Hahaha.. buddy, I am too invested. MCU was what got me into the larger comics fandom anyway, though I'm a little more into DC these days than Marvel. 

Really, all I want to see in MCU is Bucky!Cap. Give me that shit. And I doubt they'd go this way but space!Bucky. Not the shitty Ales Kot space Bucky, but watcher Bucky from Original Sin. 

I'm into the DC TV shows, Flash and Arrow, and even Gotham are all a part of my and my roommates regular schedule. Never miss an episode. But the movies have been incredibly 'eh' for as long as I can remember, and while I'm eager to see if they can pull it off with Batman V Superman, and I've been sold on Ben Affleck as Batman ever since the announcement, the fact that Man Of Steel was supposed to be the grand first instalment of the upcoming DC Cinematic Universe... Yeah, not exactly brimming with confidence, that was not a fun movie.

Even the worst movies in the MCU have still at least been fun, funny, and carry with them memorable, and quotable moments. I'm hoping the DCCU will be the same, but I guess we'll see. Should it prevail I look forward to posting in the DC Cinematic Universe thread! :P

I'm into the DC TV shows, Flash and Arrow, and even Gotham are all a part of my and my roommates regular schedule. Never miss an episode. But the movies have been incredibly 'eh' for as long as I can remember, and while I'm eager to see if they can pull it off with Batman V Superman, and I've been sold on Ben Affleck as Batman ever since the announcement, the fact that Man Of Steel was supposed to be the grand first instalment of the upcoming DC Cinematic Universe... Yeah, not exactly brimming with confidence, that was not a fun movie.
Even the worst movies in the MCU have still at least been fun, funny, and carry with them memorable, and quotable moments. I'm hoping the DCCU will be the same, but I guess we'll see. Should it prevail I look forward to posting in the DC Cinematic Universe thread! :P

Nah, I agree. I watched 2.5 seasons of Arrow and it was all Oliver manpain all the time. Oliver manpain hour. etc. Haven't seen Gotham or Flash yet though. I'm more into the comics, as you can probably tell from my sig, but alas it's gonna be a while before we get any Green Lantern things :\ 

BvS looks cool but I'm not that invested, I'll still watch it and probably gush about it but at this point in time I'm just waiting for it without being too excited. Can't wait to see Aquaman though.

Damn, I keep forgetting to look for Gotham airing anywhere. It seems that Danish TV and TV-on-demand is all about the marvellous and majestic manifestation that is Marvel. Which I have no problem with, but I'm a bit of a Batman fan, so I'd like to see Batman minus Batman.

Nah, I agree. I watched 2.5 seasons of Arrow and it was all Oliver manpain all the time. Oliver manpain hour. etc. Haven't seen Gotham or Flash yet though. I'm more into the comics, as you can probably tell from my sig, but alas it's gonna be a while before we get any Green Lantern things :\ 

BvS looks cool but I'm not that invested, I'll still watch it and probably gush about it but at this point in time I'm just waiting for it without being too excited. Can't wait to see Aquaman though.

I am digging the design choices they've made for DCCU's Aquaman, and the Polynesian themes. Really apt for an ocean dwelling superhero character!

But yeah, while I'm a fan of both, I just in general am more knowledgeable of Marvel. After what was probably my least favourite iteration of Batman ever in the Dark Knight trilogy (Which I imagine might not be the most popular opinion ever, I will at least say that of course like many others I loved Heath's performance as the Joker), I'm jonesing for Affleck to bring a more subdued, ponderous, investigative , intelligent, and just overall truly BATMAN Batman to the big screen, and I genuinely believe he can do that.

This is probably a bit of topic for a Marvel thread :P Not that I mind but I imagine it's probably best to keep things on track

Edited by Sidhenearlahi

Christian Bale Batman was okay, honestly I'm excited to see Batdad since we have confirmation of at least one Robin and that it might be Jason Todd (Red Hood hype) There's some crazy theories out there about this new Joker being Jason too. Crazy stuff. Fun to read, but I doubt it's the case. 

Getting back on topic.. besides Daredevil, this year's Marvel offerings have been kinda meh to me. Ant-man was great but it's not as rewatchable to me as Winter Soldier, I didn't really like Age of Ultron, and I haven't been watching Agents of SHIELD. Honestly though I am speaking with a heavy bias towards characters like Bucky and he hasn't featured very heavily this year so :P It did make me happy to see him in the Ant-man post credits scene haha. I'm really excited for Civil War and hope they release that damn trailer soon.