Rant: Food Allergies

Kaizy

Food allergies suck. Like, my allergy isn't enough to be severe, but it causes a lot of discomfort in my esophagus and causes my skin to break out in random places. I can't enjoy shit like guacamole or banana bread because I'm fucking allergic to avocados and bananas, and it sucks because I fucking love both of those things. And I can eat them, but I feel like I'm fucking choking to death for an hour or so afterwards and my arm gets fucking itchy.

Why must food allergies be a thing?

I had eaten kiwis a few times as a kid, but it was rare, so I don't know if I'd react to them. Probably would though if it says so. I've also read that chestnuts also might cause my allergy to flare up, but where the fuck would I even eat chestnuts on a regular occasion?

But yeah, a latex allergy is not something I had ever thought I'd have lol.

I'm allergic to:

- milk

- chocolate

- tomatoes

- citruses

But my food allergies only cause almost unnoticable rash on my forearms and that's all. Hence, I don't need to care about them, eating as much of those as I want. And I eat and drink a lot of milk, tomato, and citrus-based foods and drinks.

I have an allergy to tree nuts. I can be near them but eating them has the potential to kill me. I have an EpiPen for if for some strange reason I eat a whole lot of tree nuts and I have a severe reaction.

I also can't eat fruit that isn't canned, cooked, or put into some kind of dessert. The allergy isn't bad enough to kill me but it makes my mouth and throat very uncomfortable, giving it a tingling sensation and tightens my throat a bit.

It sucks cause I use to eat fresh grapes, strawberries, apples, and peaches all the time when I was little. Now my body can't handle them :(

I'm allergic tooo:

1. Outside during spring

I do say 'fuck it' and eat and drink some of those things. 

Oh, yeah. Thankfully, I don't have any problems with those anymore. Up to few years ago, each during the time of hazel pollination I was falling apart because of a terrible headache. But I forgot what it is since I moved to the capital city.

I am allergic to raw carrots...which is odd because I can drink carrot juice. Even Solid organic carrots make my throat itch to hell.

Cherries. Makes my mouth and throat itch to the point where I have to take 3 benadryls to make it stop. That's when things get interesting.

Clams, Mussels and Oysters. 

Pure Soy (except for tofu).

Edited by Ozriel

I am allergic to raw carrots...which is odd because I can drink carrot juice. Even Solid organic carrots make my throat itch to hell.

Cherries. Makes my mouth and throat itch to the point where I have to take 3 benadryls to make it stop. That's when things get interesting.

Clams, Mussels and Oysters. 

Pure Soy (except for tofu).

Ouch. Shellfish allergies are usually pretty bad.