Guy gets violent at me for petting his dog

Crazy Lee

24 minutes ago, Azure said:

So everybody is using the racist tropes about urban black males to evaluate and justify violent behavior towards a person who didn't do Shit but pet a dog on public property. Got it.

It's cool, you can't read.

16 hours ago, Enigma said:

You probably should have asked permission to touch someone's dog, in their car...

16 hours ago, willow said:

honestly if some random person came up to my car and started petting my dog I'd be kind of upset too. guess I'm just a typical thug then...

7 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

We're all just caught up on how fundamentally retarded of an idea touching other people's pets without their permission is.

5 hours ago, Vae said:

Except that it's someone's car,
in the ghetto,
in fucking Detroit.

Use a speak and spell. Match up those funny symbols called letters.

• Like 1

Hey man, Azure's cool. :c

21 minutes ago, Azure said:

So everybody is using the racist tropes about urban black males to evaluate and justify violent behavior towards a person who didn't do Shit but pet a dog on public property. Got it.

I wouldn't say it's justified behavior, but it's certainly understandable. With the information given (run down area of Detroit, reaching into someone's vehicle to touch their dog, it's more like) "what did you expect to happen?" 

And I don't think most people here are really worried the guy was black. Personally, I could easily see this happening in a middle class suburban area with a white man.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Azure said:

No, everyone's saying that it's a supremely moronic choice to fuck with the property of someone you don't know, regardless of their race. Especially in a big city, where crime does happen, and it's reasonable of a stranger to be protective of their things if something looks fishy.

But RACE RACE RACE.
GUYS, WHAT ABOUT RACE?
CAN WE SHOVE RACE IN HERE?
BLACK LIVES MATTER?
RACE. RACE. RACE. IT'S A RACE ISSUE.
IT'S A RACE ISSUE, GUYS. IT HAS TO BE.
BLACK THUGS AMIRITE?
SHOOTIN THEM COPS.
URBAN VIOLENCE.
Or something.

I mean, let's completely disregard the fact that Lee didn't get hurt, to begin with. He just got yelled at.

BUT IT'S A BLACK THUG ISSUE I SWEAR!! THEY'RE SO VIOLENT.

Also, someone's car isn't "public property."

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Brazen said:

First hand testimonial of a person's character is very important in determining how full of shit they are. If you've met him in person, or even online you'd understand that Lee is prone to: sketchy tard behavior, unwarranted racism, lack of boundaries, and countless other spergisms.

This. OP was trespassing and deserves to get beat up. OP also deserves to get beat up for being a racist. The guy wasn't responding with violence because he was black, he was responding with violence because Lee was breaking the law. 

People also tend to be dicks and assholes over certain things they hold grudges over. If I was Lee and people held grudges over stupid shit I did in the past and hated me for, then just, what the fuck? Im plenty spergy as is and it sucks

I dont know Lee well enough to determine anything outright besides this fact and I wouldnt let another random on teh interwebz say more on it. A simple warning will suffice, really.

Anyways, whatever. Its noted already that the guy did a dumb. 

Though from reading this thread this is no surprise from OP considering how i remember his history on the old FAF forums especially the art section. The fact not just that the op has no common sense but he also rather skeevy and offensive to people as well. No wonder he got himself temp banned especially getting torn to shreds by an certain who he had the nerve to call said artist a bitch years ago. (And i live in the state he's in so i know quite a bit about his bad reputation from his actions.)

OP: *messes with someone's private property in an area world-renown for its high crime rate*

a black person: hey don't do that pls and thank u :/

OP: fucking black lives matter fucking violent black thugs fucking gonna post about how 1 black person hurt my feelings so all black people are violent and bad

Some other clowncars in this thread: why are we ignoring black on black crime tho

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brazen said:

This. OP was trespassing and deserves to get beat up. OP also deserves to get beat up for being a racist. The guy wasn't responding with violence because he was black, he was responding with violence because Lee was breaking the law. 

He was at a gas station. That isn't trespassing.

2 hours ago, Vae said:

No, everyone's saying that it's a supremely moronic choice to fuck with the property of someone you don't know, regardless of their race. 

Petting a dog hanging out of a window.

I mean, I could understand getting mad (the owner may not want people petting the dog anyway, for safety reasons) but threatening people is overreacting and quite possibly illegal.

2 hours ago, Vae said:

Also, someone's car isn't "public property."

And if he entered the car or somehow vandalized it, that might matter.

2 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

Some other clowncars in this thread: why are we ignoring black on black crime tho

Because it's convenient and a wonderful form of cognitive dissonance, blame pushing, gas lighting, or whatever other mental gymnastics. BLM was over as soon as the Nation of Islam started backing them, and we all know how reasonable the disciples of Elijah Muhammad are. You clownshoes wearint git.

51 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I mean, I could understand getting mad (the owner may not want people petting the dog anyway, for safety reasons) but threatening people is overreacting and quite possibly illegal.

You can legally protect your property with reasonable force if necessary. Threatening Lee was legal, because Lee was interacting with his private property. Both the dog and his car are his property, and as far as he was concerned, Lee was threatening them. 

Just now, 6tails said:

That's kinda stretching it, though. Legally speaking, the more overt act is the more illegal one - in this case, the verbalized threat, which is assault by most state's reckoning. If Lee was picking the dog up, the man could reasonably believe that his property was being stolen, and the threat would be justifiable.

Without actual provable intent of malice on Lee's part, the other person was in the wrong.

I edited my previous post to say reasonable instead of deadly, my bad for the typo. 

I still think the man was fully within his right, being in a shady part of Detroit with his window down for his dog and all. People use that as an excuse to scope out the stuff in your car all the time. I understand why you say it was an overreaction though. 

47 minutes ago, Ricky said:

He was at a gas station. That isn't trespassing.

He reached into a privately owned car. Also, a gas station is private property not public. Permission to be there is granted for the purpose of using gas station services and nothing else. The dog is also private property, and you can't go around touching other people's shit.  

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

That's kinda stretching it, though.

Kentucky has some pretty nice castle doctrine / stand your ground laws compared to Michigan but I'm pretty sure punching someone in the face for something like this would fly in detroit. Deadly force for this is straight up illegal though. 

24 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

There might be a good Randy Newman song, in all of this...has the makings of it, at least.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Us black folk going nanners is like a nuclear reactor exploding. :V

1455077260749.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Azure said:

Because it's convenient and a wonderful form of cognitive dissonance, blame pushing, gas lighting, or whatever other mental gymnastics. BLM was over as soon as the Nation of Islam started backing them, and we all know how reasonable the disciples of Elijah Muhammad are. You clownshoes wearint git.

If we're listing mental gymnastics why not mention that confirmation bias might inform how someone reads "a black person yelled at me for touching his personal property"

someone coming into this thread in an already deeply racist mindset might be so motivated to bring up the irrelevant statistics on black-on-black crime, or reference the black lives matter movement derisively

They might even take an incident where a white person is clearly in the wrong and decide to spin it into a critique of the black lives matter movement, which the OP didn't reference as being relevant at all

56 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

You can legally protect your property with reasonable force if necessary. Threatening Lee was legal, because Lee was interacting with his private property. Both the dog and his car are his property, and as far as he was concerned, Lee was threatening them. 

Well, thank you you honor, but.. No. First off, petting a dog is not enough to show a reasonable belief his property was in danger. Second of all, the law you are referring to is only in some states and is not the case in Michigan. So, either way you are wrong :V

46 minutes ago, Brazen said:

He reached into a privately owned car. Also, a gas station is private property not public. Permission to be there is granted for the purpose of using gas station services and nothing else. The dog is also private property, and you can't go around touching other people's shit.  

1.) He didn't reach into the car. Stop making shit up.

2.) When the fuck did I ever say it was public property?

Get your head out of your ass.

It isn't illegal to pet someone's dog.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is not just about touching someone's dog and getting all violent, this is about property and rights. You don't have to right to touch anyone's anything without consent from the owner.

You should know this, man...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah, this is not just about touching someone's dog and getting all violent, this is about property and rights. You don't have to right to touch anyone's anything without consent from the owner.

You should know this, man...

Hey, anyone notice an echo in here???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RTDragon said:

From this thread yes from the OP i'm surprised he did'nt rage and call the user offensives names like he always does. Though most of his threads are just passive aggressive racist posts.

OP has fled, which is the least crazy thing he's done in this thread.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 7:13 PM, RTDragon said:

Though from reading this thread this is no surprise from OP considering how i remember his history on the old FAF forums especially the art section. The fact not just that the op has no common sense but he also rather skeevy and offensive to people as well. No wonder he got himself temp banned especially getting torn to shreds by an certain who he had the nerve to call said artist a bitch years ago. (And i live in the state he's in so i know quite a bit about his bad reputation from his actions.)

That's the only thing I really remember about OP anyway. 

Anywho...

e6781673af903f96dd234576e9fc9be2.jpg

• Like 2

Hmm. Lots of assumptions in this thread. Lots of stupidity. Let me clear some things up here.

1) The dog had it's head OUT of the car. I never reached into the car or passed the boundary of the window. I was not touching the vehicle or entering it in any way.

2) Even if one says the dog is private property, being violent to me petting the dog is way out of line. Really? If someone pets your dog you're going to shank them? (I'm looking at you Zeke) Beat them up? Is that not overreacting just a fucking little? Do you go around dealing with all your problems by attacking people? How the fuck are half of you not in prison? And if you're like that you're not much better than this guy.

3) I may have not described the area that well. It's a suburb of Detroit, not Detroit proper. And if you guys all think that all of Detroit is the same, all run down and ghetto, you just don't know the area (or are just stupid). The area this happened was your typical blue-collar rust belt lower-middle-class town. Kinda run down like many rust belt towns, average income's probably 30k or so. Mostly white. There are bad neighborhoods, the town has a few "all black" neighborhoods. It's not war-torn syria in here.

4) The guy in question didn't just come up to me slowly and cross his hands or shit. This isn't a case of "Oh a black guy nicely asked me to leave his car alone and I was scared because he was black." No, he actually was running at me, fists up in a posture of "I'm about to fight you." I've been around these neighborhoods before, I've seen people get into fights, I know the posture and attitude of someone who's about to start swinging, and everything about his body language, including his raised fists, his angry glare, pursed lips, tense body stance, and the fact he "ran up on me" like the slang goes, says he was looking for a fight. Don't believe me if you want, but he did look like he was about to punch me right then and there.

Also, if this guy had been white I would have been just as freaked out. It had nothing to do with skin color and everything that he was running at me in an aggressive fighting stance.

Also, like I said before, all you people who said you'd beat someone up for petting your dog... you fuckers need anger control issues. Can you not read body language or are you just stupid? If I saw someone petting my dog, I'd look at the guy, see his behavior, body language, and actions, and determine if he's a threat to my dog or not. If he wasn't, then I wouldn't get defensive. It's called being able to read what someone's intent is. It's not that god damn hard to do.

On 7/12/2016 at 9:47 AM, Azure said:

I love how everyone is acting like there isn't extreme cultural overtones of violence ingrained into most urban black males who do that whole "thug life" business. I am also convinced that BLM has been overtaken by black militants who turn a blind eye to all the black on black crime and the fact that black culture is filled to the brim.with messages of violence,racism, and money at the expense of others suffering. But whatever, jerk away you knee brigade fags.

I've personally known people who do the whole "thug life" including one guy who said he was too thug to do things like go to church. He was a big muscular guy who would be nice to you as long as you got along with him and did what he wanted. If you did something he didn't like, he'd flex his muscles and use a bit of an agressive tone to his voice to try to get his way.

On 7/12/2016 at 0:30 PM, MissFleece said:

If you tried to pet my dog in my car I'd get super mad and yell at you, even though I normally don't confront people.

My car is my property and my dog is my family. It's akin to you coming into my backyard and trying to play with my kids without my permission. 

As someone who has met you in person though, I think you might try to do that too.

What, are you saying that I'd play with people's children now? Trying to say I like to touch kids?

On 7/12/2016 at 0:44 PM, Brazen said:

I've met Lee in person and I can't really describe how uncomfortable he is, and I already had an idea of what he'd be like. Imagine being some normie that had no forewarning, and you see this lumbering man child reaching into your car harassing your dog. TBH the cops should have been called on OP for bothering someone else's property / suspicious behavior. On top of harassing someone OP also wasted police resources in an already strained city. 

I don't remember meeting you but I think I know who you are. I don't think you introduced yourself when we met. And I'm glad you have this completely wrong idea of me being a man child from the all of 10 seconds we met. Please, explain to me why you think that I'm like that.

On 7/12/2016 at 2:51 PM, Brazen said:

First hand testimonial of a person's character is very important in determining how full of shit they are. If you've met him in person, or even online you'd understand that Lee is prone to: sketchy tard behavior, unwarranted racism, lack of boundaries, and countless other spergisms.

Trespassing how? I didn't enter his car.

And. once again, wherever did you get the idea that I'm some kind of tard, I was racist, I have lack of boundaries (I didn't even touch you), or whatever bad things you think about me. You and Fleece seem to have this tendency to talk shit about people behind their backs after meeting them. So I'm just curious now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I've personally known people who do the whole "thug life" including one guy who said he was too thug to do things like go to church. He was a big muscular guy who would be nice to you as long as you got along with him and did what he wanted. If you did something he didn't like, he'd flex his muscles and use a bit of an agressive tone to his voice to try to get his way.

I'm afraid that the court is gonna need the name and number of this man. 

To call as a witness of course...

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 0:03 PM, Luccus said:

There might be a bit of a cultural gap here but I think petting a dog - even a strangers one - isn't that terrible.

I never had a person getting all up and wanting to fight over such a thing. The most close to that was a guy saying something along the lines of: "Please don't, she can be very rundown-gas-station-in-Detroit-ish". The wording might differ.

I even came out of the a store once to see a dog being very upset of the owner leaving, so I started talking to him and petting him.

When the owner - a very old lady - came out she was overly thankful for keeping an eye out, telling me the dogs name - I think it was tommi or tom or roni or something like that - and continued to tell me how she fought dinosaurs together with Hitler in the good ol' days and how bad all those new negroes are who continue coming to us since the great wall of china fell ... and ... stuff like that.

Approaching a car with an open window on the other hand is actually a bad idea. In Wolfsburg people are going to rip out your throat with their fucking gear shift if you look at it the wrong way (or alternatively aren't at 5000 rpm as soon as the traffic lights change from red to yellow). No but True but seriously, I don't think he even tought of the dog all too much. If you live in an area that is already very hostile as a rundown gas station in Detroit seems to be just don't go up to peoples stuff.

I remember some time ago when I found a dog tied outside of a grocery store on a hot day, and the dog seemed distressed because their owner was gone. I tried to keep it company and kept an eye on it. The owner came out and thanked me. This was a white, hippy, liberal, college community, and not the blue-collar locale where the gas station was. So location may have had a factor.

But the question no one is asking is: Was the guy's behavior appropriate? Is running up to someone in a very threatening manner, fists up in a "i'm about to punch you" way, is the appropriate way to deal with things? Had he actually hit/attacked me, he'd be in jail now, another statistic. Had he just come up and said "hey, you, leave the dog alone" I would have apologized and walked away.

How are you incapable of reading body language? All you people say "well if you were touching MY dog I'd think you were up to no good". Okay, what about body language? What is the person touching your dog doing? Is he saying "Good boy" and patting him, or is he trying to harm him? If I saw someone petting my dog (I've had dogs in the past), I'd look to see if the person was being nice to my dog or being mean before I jumped to conclusions. That's the problem with this guy who waved his fists at me. He didn't judge the situation ahead of time. He didn't calmly ask me what I was doing. He just assumed, due to whatever reason (his upbringing, neighborhood he lived in, personality, whatever) I was up to no good and he had to respond by trying to fight me. That is not how a person should react, and had he gone further and assaulted me, he would be in jail because the justice system would realize he reacted wrong.

14 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

But the question no one is asking is: Was the guy's behavior appropriate? Is running up to someone in a very threatening manner, fists up in a "i'm about to punch you" way, is the appropriate way to deal with things?

How are you incapable of reading body language? All you people say "well if you were touching MY dog I'd think you were up to no good". Okay, what about body language?

To answer you.

No. No. Some people respond differently to situations. Some people may act one way and do something entirely unpredicted.

My response overall, be careful. Don't assume people are okay with something. Get their consent.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

What, are you saying that I'd play with people's children now? Trying to say I like to touch kids?

I mean, if that's the kind of leap you wanna make, I can understand how you'd make the leap of logic where a stranger leaving their dog in their car means they want you to touch it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Also, if this guy had been white I would have been just as freaked out. It had nothing to do with skin color and everything that he was running at me in an aggressive fighting stance.

I say as I go on a rant about BLM and violent black males

• Like 7

9 hours ago, MissFleece said:

I mean, if that's the kind of leap you wanna make, I can understand how you'd make the leap of logic where a stranger leaving their dog in their car means they want you to touch it. 

Don't give him any ideas i don't know what he would do to that poor dog.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 9:22 PM, Brazen said:

ITT Lee has problems understanding consent, property, and race but has no problems making huge effort posts. We don't talk shit about you behind your back. This is a public forum and we make every effort to ignore you in person

Actually, it was you who had a problem understanding how all of that works.

But, I digress. I already know you are a try-hard so what am I doing?

27 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Actually, it was you who had a problem understanding how all of that works.

But, I digress. I already know you are a try-hard so what am I doing?

shitposting vigorously towards a troll on a forum for people who jerk it to bugs bunny?

pepto-bismol_old_look.jpg

For your upset tummy

• Like 3