Rant: Fitting In

#00Buck

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

Then just do something about it! Jeez... :V

But jokes aside, as a guy who got to know people's true colours when it comes to friendships, I can tell you that real friends are few and far between. At best I was an acquaintance, Nobody gave a fuck if I wasn't there. Otherwise people fiercely rejected me. It's no wonder I'm turning into a hermit today. But I still believe there are people worth getting to know out there. I'm bitter of society as a whole yet for some reason my faith is even more resistant than my bitterness.

Probably because a few people on this forum have opened up to me a little bit. That may not be much but to me it is..

If you come to northeast Ohio, I will make sure you do not become a hermit. We have very similar interests, and I quite like you.

We could go to metal shows and build battlecars and be furfag friends furever. I know that pun was really shitty, sorry

• Like 3

Since I was three or four I never really felt that I did fit in anywhere... I mean it's kinda hard to think you do when you want to wear diapers and such... so I've really always had those feelings bottled up inside of me. It got a little better an out a year after I joined the fur community as I then realized that there were things called babyfurs that felt the way I did, and then I felt like I was less alone... but then by the same hand I didn't really feel like I had really become real friends with anyone in that community as all the crazies tried to be friends and the sane ones usually keep to themselves. But anyway I then found a friend in my waking days who also was a babyfur and I felt less alone... but then again after a while they sort of pushed away as they found a boy friend and I felt alone again... 

The cycle basically continues and eventually I had to stop and ask myself before I went insane "am I really alone or not?" To which I knew the answer, no I'm not alone, I have many people in my life I can talk to or what have you... but why do I feel alone? Is it because I can't tell people who I really am? No I don't care if people know or not and it'd just cause problems if I did for sure... so what was it? What makes one feel alone when they're not? Of that I got two real possible ideas 

1.Whenever I felt depressed I always got the same type of feeling of being alone when I wasn't alone, it's possible that I just get depressed easily to the point where I don't notice I am, and the symptoms just naturally flow

2. There's something that humans do, when they know they are different, which is they mentally exclude themselves because they think other people know and feel that you are different... when they probably don't even care... it's your own brain following your own self bias... which would be even more likely for people with self esteem problems... or I mean really it can be points 1 and 2 combined....

But anyhow I hope in some way some of this information can help any one of you guys or gals better understand yourselves as well as understand that being different is good and necessary in society and nature for an abundance of reasons... primarily survival 

I've never had trouble fitting in or making friends. I'm a social chameleon. People from all walks of life love me.

I have no sense of self identity, I'm a borderline suicidal alcoholic and I have no idea how to distinguish between what I enjoy and what society tells me I enjoy.

On 7/14/2016 at 7:43 AM, #00Buck said:

Feeling a little upset today about not fitting in.

Okay so you're weird, strange, and nobody understands you so you go looking for a place where hopefully you fit in.

Only to find that the other weird, strange, and misunderstood people don't understand you either. 

Right now I feel like the odd puzzle piece that doesn't fit anywhere. 

On 7/14/2016 at 7:43 AM, #00Buck said:

Fish Cat

It's funny, when I used to be nice, courteous and quiet (fake..Well the quiet part at least) I was ostracized quite a bit. However, in my more recent days, the combination of letting my more strange/weird side show, making fun of everyone IRL and not really giving a fuck has defenitley garnered me more luvin's. Bitches love when you are abrupt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frig said:

It's funny, when I used to be nice, courteous and quiet (fake..Well the quiet part at least) I was ostracized quite a bit. However, in my more recent days, the combination of letting my more strange/weird side show, making fun of everyone IRL and not really giving a fuck has defenitley garnered me more luvin's. Bitches love when you are abrupt.

Don't let your inner diva get too far out of control. 

You need to uphold your bad bitch reputation but if you don't watch it you'll go straight from bitch to cunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

Don't let your inner diva get too far out of control. 

You need to uphold your bad bitch reputation but if you don't watch it you'll go straight from bitch to cunt. 

Agreed..When I say make fun of others that includes myself....a lot lol.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 1:00 PM, #00Buck said:

I think one of my problems is I don't stop digging. I find someone I like and so we talk and talk and keep talking and I just dig deeper and deeper until we both unearth something that wrecks the whole friendship. Maybe if I stopped digging I'd have more friends. But I always want MORE of everything. At the very least I've met some nice people from the forum who I can go out to lunch with or eat cakes and play boardgames with and that's pretty good. 

Haven't read the whole thread, but my dad kind of has this issue. He connects with people until some little thing drives him fucking bonkers and then he wants out. He's a bit of a loner so it's never a big deal though.

The thing is, he's pretty judgemental deep down. Great guy, but it's certainly a personality flaw to let something fairly small break up what could be a friendship. like, if you don't agree politically with someone and aren't capable of having a rational discussion on politics, fucking don't.

I can be judgemental as fuck too, which I get from him, but I also know to kind of ignore it.

As to the thread in general, I felt like an outcast throughout middle and high school, but it mostly went away as I got older. I've also become way more content with not being surrounded by people or friends. Alone is cool most of the time, though I do get lonely on occasion. I find this forum kind of fun in that y'all are a good break from that, but I also don't interact with anyone outside of this forum. I guess I don't have any friends here, just friendly faces I see for a few hours a day.

• Like 1