Location thread v7

Taralack

• 2 weeks later...

Save what you can. A U-Haul and the gas to do the 6-ish hour drive to SoCal will help you get away from the toxic atmosphere of the area.

Then again, you'd be in SoCal, and we're in drought, though that's supposedly *laughs* gonna break this year.

We are in drought up here too, water regulations up the ass, yeah, "el nino" is coming right? riiight.... 

While leaving is an eventual goal, I have committed to finishing my schooling here, but good luck if you ever find yourself here, 1400 a month for a studio, and that's outside the city. houses are going for 800,000 and up.

Holy shit, an average studio here is 450. Mine is 389, and I'm moving into a nice 950 sq ft 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment in a nice complex... for like 870.

Wow.

Edited by Johanna Waya

Holy shit, an average studio here is 450. Mine is 389, and I'm moving into a nice 950 sq ft 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment in a nice complex... for like 870.

Wow.

House I live in is $440 a week.. split between three of us, but, still. That's in NZD. So ROUGHLY:
$1,760 NZD / $1,187 USD a month
It's also kinda on the small side. And cheaper than average for the region... yay for Auckland housing prices...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Is there any interest in having the locations in this thread compiled into an actual list? 

Interesting point. I'd sort of enjoy if we could put the locations, without names, onto one of those global location modeling apps and play "spin the globe and point randomly to a place - do we have somebody THERE?"

• Like 2

I'm a Baltimoron, but I often travel around DC, Philadelphia, New York, Toronto, Miami, New Hampshire, Louisville, and Austin. In the near future (next two months) I expect to be in Philadelphia, New Hampshire, (Acapulco), Louisville, and Austin/Dallas. Might crash Toronto for the hell of it, but doubt it. Summer I expect to be in New Hampshire again and in Orlando. I basically kinda live all over the place...

19 hours ago, Onnes said:

Is there any interest in having the locations in this thread compiled into an actual list? 

I'm a map freak and I have too much free time on my hands so HERE YOU GO. Not sure if google maps is good enough but I think it will be adequate enough.

I take the cake for the northernmost location :)

EDIT: I am following this thread so I will update it

Edited by Snagged Cub
  • Like 5