Location thread v7

Taralack

dont think ive posted in this yet

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

15 hours ago, Rassah said:

I'm a Baltimoron, but I often travel around DC, Philadelphia, New York, Toronto, Miami, New Hampshire, Louisville, and Austin. In the near future (next two months) I expect to be in Philadelphia, New Hampshire, (Acapulco), Louisville, and Austin/Dallas. Might crash Toronto for the hell of it, but doubt it. Summer I expect to be in New Hampshire again and in Orlando. I basically kinda live all over the place...

if u do come, plz come to one of our boardgame meets!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pignog said:

if u do come, plz come to one of our boardgame meets!!

There are at least 3 bitcoiners there who would love a chance to have dinner with me... Maybe I should set up a bitcoin meetup in the same place at the same time :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pignog said:

what is the ultimate capitalist boardgame?

Probably Cashflow?

11 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Rassah and Ashfag will never attend a meet up. 

They're all talk. 

True for next month. I'll be skiing in New Hampshire on the 13th.

13 hours ago, AlexInsane said:

Anyfur here live in the UK and has room for a roommate? I'm giving serious thought to emigrating. I've had enough - America is just, well, a mess, and a mess that will eventually collapse under its own stupidity and unwillingness to fix itself. 

But that's literally almost every country in the world.

26 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

But that's literally almost every country in the world.

Okay, fine, I'll concede that.

BUT EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ISN'T AMERICA, ONE OF THE BIGGEST SUPERPOWERS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. 

Every other country doesn't set the precedents by which the rest of the world has to live by. 

Every other country isn't run by people who probably still secretly eat Play-Doh. 

3 minutes ago, AlexInsane said:

BUT EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ISN'T AMERICA, ONE OF THE BIGGEST SUPERPOWERS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. 

Every other country doesn't set the precedents by which the rest of the world has to live by. 

Every other country isn't run by people who probably still secretly eat Play-Doh. 

I dunno, from what I've heard from several UK people that their politicians are pretty much on the same level of stupidity as ours at times.

3 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I dunno, from what I've heard from several UK people that their politicians are pretty much on the same level of stupidity as ours at times.

They're far more liberal than ours, I'm sure, whatever level of stupid they may be.

Plus, state-run healthcare that's been in the works for, God, how long now? At least 50 years now? So they've got that all working nicely.

Plus it's a country the size of Texas. You can drive across the whole country in the space of a day. Not that you need to, when you have all that amazing public transport. 

English people seem to be better at being part of a team than Americans. Everyone here is so bloody-minded and individual. I don't expect to be a novelty - I just want to get on with 50 years of slog and labor in comfort and that might happen easier in England than it will here. 

On January 31, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Bakari said:

Timmins, Ontario! Well, an hour northeast in the small town countryside, Val Gagne, but Timmins is the only city in the area.

Damn that's far. Too far for board games. 

1 hour ago, AlexInsane said:

They're far more liberal than ours, I'm sure, whatever level of stupid they may be.

Plus, state-run healthcare that's been in the works for, God, how long now? At least 50 years now? So they've got that all working nicely.

Plus it's a country the size of Texas. You can drive across the whole country in the space of a day. Not that you need to, when you have all that amazing public transport. 

English people seem to be better at being part of a team than Americans. Everyone here is so bloody-minded and individual. I don't expect to be a novelty - I just want to get on with 50 years of slog and labor in comfort and that might happen easier in England than it will here. 

UK is a shit hole.

Be glad you are in the USA which is the best and most freedom loving country on the planet. 

Don't be ungrateful.

Enjoy what America has to offer.

The British are all serfs. Always have been. Always will be. 

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Well if you ever move closer to Toronto let us know. 

Tried to earlier last summer, husband had an interview at the Covanta energy plant in Oshawa, but because we live like 9 hours north, he didn't get it. They were only looking for local people.

Just now, Bakari said:

Tried to earlier last summer, husband had an interview at the Covanta energy plant in Oshawa, but because we live like 9 hours north, he didn't get it. They were only looking for local people.

An 18 hour commute would only leave room for a 6 hour work day and no sleep. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

An 18 hour commute would only leave room for a 6 hour work day and no sleep. 

Truthy! We were hoping to move to the area, we're not too fond of being so far up here (away from literally EVERYTHING) and I'm from the States. I'd at least be closer to my family in Indiana.

43 minutes ago, Bakari said:

Truthy! We were hoping to move to the area, we're not too fond of being so far up here (away from literally EVERYTHING) and I'm from the States. I'd at least be closer to my family in Indiana.

You will be welcome for pho and boardgames when you arrive. 

5 hours ago, AlexInsane said:

the UK is not the country you want to move to for a better life right now. Neither is Canada but move here anyway to play boardgames with us.

2 hours ago, Bakari said:

It is D:

get the hell outta northern ontario, i miss some ppl there but it's a dumpster fire

24 minutes ago, Pignog said:

the UK is not the country you want to move to for a better life right now. Neither is Canada but move here anyway to play boardgames with us.

get the hell outta northern ontario, i miss some ppl there but it's a dumpster fire

Do I get invited for board games?

On 12/02/2016 at 2:15 PM, Onnes said:

I guess I should finally put a link to the map I've been working on in the actual thread.

I'm going to rework it soon using a much heavier mapping library. This was mostly just me learning D3.js.

Wow very impressive Onnes! It seems to have come a long way from the 1st time I saw it.

• Like 1