Location thread v7

Taralack

12 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Ahhh!!!!!

Close to Toronto!!!!

Will you come to our next cake meet up?!?!

Please say yes!

I'm not sure, I'll definitely let Pignog know though if I do come. I'll keep an eye on the cake thread and try to chime in! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2016 at 10:31 PM, LadyRadarEars said:

Hippie country, Best Carolina :V

I take it that means Asheville, NC?

Always heard that place was pretty mellow, and the rest of the state was pretty scary, with a whole lotta Jesus goin' on.

~

Anyone else from Baltimore/DC, here? We might soon win the award for fewest furries in a densely populated region.

5 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I take it that means Asheville, NC?

Always heard that place was pretty mellow, and the rest of the state was pretty scary, with a whole lotta Jesus goin' on.

~

Anyone else from Baltimore/DC, here? We might soon win the award for fewest furries in a densely populated region.

Well there are lots of hippy parts of NC, I'm not as close to the central area, more near one of the pockets that broke off of it, but abouts yeah.

Also the parts with jesus aren't as scary as the parts with gangs.

29 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

O_o

I've been off the news cycle for a while is there some serious flooding going on down south?!

Yes. It is quite dangerous down here. A fair amount of the people I know have had their homes destroyed. I don't think it is extreme but there is heavy flooding at the moment, along with over 90F temperatures. I would go to see the damage but I have cholinergic urticaria and can't really go outside much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I currently live within a ten-to-fifteen-minute drive of Norristown, the county seat of Montgomery County, also known as "all them suburbs and shit north of Philly." I spent most of my life in Cheltenham, within walking distance of the northeastern sprawl of Philadelphia County, so living in a place where you have to walk to take a bus to hop on a train that takes the better part of an hour to get to Center City has been... an experience, let's say.

I've also lived in the far western part of Virginia and central Florida.

The number of folks from Baltimore and Jersey is surprising, if pleasantly so, but the dearth of fellow Pennsylvanians is, I guess, a bit odd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2015 at 2:10 AM, Llamapotamus said:

Cool! My Dad went to that school before it changed its name. And my aunt and her husband (boyfriend at the time) went there before that.

How do you like it so far? And have you found 42 Wallaby Way?

Also, I suppose I should mention I'm near San Antonio.

Probably should mention that my location has since changed to metro Detroit. A lot has changed in the last couple years for me.

How about you, @FenrirDarkWolf? Still at the same school?

And how's life treating you, @Mikazuki Marazhu?

2 hours ago, Llamapotamus said:

Probably should mention that my location has since changed to metro Detroit. A lot has changed in the last couple years for me.

How about you, @FenrirDarkWolf? Still at the same school?

And how's life treating you, @Mikazuki Marazhu?

I wish! Despite the more-than-reasonable price of classes, room and board provided to be too much for me. So I'm going to the community college in town before transferring to the A&M here. (It's ALMOST like I'm still going to Commerce, since A&M Texarkana was initially another Commerce campus)

17 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I wish! Despite the more-than-reasonable price of classes, room and board provided to be too much for me. So I'm going to the community college in town before transferring to the A&M here. (It's ALMOST like I'm still going to Commerce, since A&M Texarkana was initially another Commerce campus)

Oh, that sucks. Room and board was mucho dinero at the school I went to, also. So I take it the costs are lower for Texarkana?

1 minute ago, Llamapotamus said:

Oh, that sucks. Room and board was mucho dinero at the school I went to, also. So I take it the costs are lower for Texarkana?

Yeah, they are. Especially because I can commute to school and back because it's like, a 20 minute drive away.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 1:43 PM, Llamapotamus said:

Wow, that's quite a move. Any particular reason?

Mostly because the south sucks and it's too hot. Also it's the only place I haven't lived yet and I've got friends and family out there :)

I'm really hoping to be more in an inland spot like Eugene OR or Spokane, mostly because I really enjoy the look of old brick buildings and "rustic" stuff in general. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...