Rant: PC culture has gone too far

Crazy Lee

Just now, LadyRadarEars said:

Quick! Slap someone in the face with a fish!

Uh wait I have to find the picture...

Shit... This is the best I can do right now.

Fish_Flop.png

4 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Uhm, Genji? Widow? Them asses be DONKIN

Uh this game talk is too much for me.

So do you "overwatch" dat ass?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Enigma said:

People should become stronger from hardships, not try to make the world softer. 

In an ideal world all of our challenges and hardships improve us as a person, but that's not the actual reality of the human condition

A pretty straightforward example: all the cases of PTSD documented after major wars. i'm sure plenty of people told those soldiers to "man up and get over themselves", but that's not actually how human psychology and mental illness appears to work. society had to adapt to accommodate those with PTSD, and I'm sure loved ones had to tread carefully around specific topics and issues

Now, that's not to say that the list of words that that one random facebook post OP found is comparable, but on the other hand, there do exist very real (where "real" in this case is defined by the DSM) psychological conditions that people can't just "get over", and that certainly don't make them stronger. I mean, there are plenty of extremists on both sides of the spectrum that are obfuscating these issues, but in the end, such disabled people generally do require additional attention from society. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Vae said:

I think my joke whizzed right over your head,
but reading comprehension is hard.

Oh no, it's just a standard answer. And seemed less likely to get me into trouble than the original answer (quoting the answer part and saying "huh, can't see bitch in there")