Rhíulchabán

Sonic 25th Anniversary Livestream...

59 posts in this topic

I really hope that, because this is the 25th anniversary game, that it's being treated like an AAA game with an AAA game budget, and that the game will be absolutely massive. That'd be radical.

6 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I really hope that, because this is the 25th anniversary game, that it's being treated like an AAA game with an AAA game budget, and that the game will be absolutely massive. That'd be radical.

Don't count on it. Christian Whitehead isn't a massive dev. He's good at what he does, but this isn't something super huge in budget. 

But as far as I can tell, this isn't Sonic Team at all. So they might still have something planned.

I sure hope that trailer isn't indicative of the sort of music that'll be in the game though.

Jesus

1 minute ago, Sety said:

I sure hope that trailer isn't indicative of the sort of music that'll be in the game though.

Jesus

They never use trailer music in the actual game. But Hyper Potions is fire. I wouldn't mind, but it's not going to happen. Same way they didn't use Skrillex, Nero, Kele, or Benny Benassi for their respective trailers.

This game looks and feels like another Sonic CD, which honestly is a wonderful treat since I loved that game. The animations also seem incredibly fluid. I love that little intro cinematic they showed at the end where Sonic twirled around on what looks like the title screen.

2 people like this

As a Sonic sperg, this makes me moist in my pantaloons.

1 person likes this

Just now, Battlechili said:

This game better be nothing but like the most obscure Sonic characters no one cares about. Like I'm talking Fang the Coyote levels here. 

Oh there was another one? I saw NX, so that's neat. I hope it's not too watered down like other Sonic ports to Nintendo systems.

It'll be interesting if that's not actually a Generations 2 and just a new game with classic and modern Sonic again. Like if they made that a running theme for a couple games, that'd be pretty cool. I just kind of wish they stopped trying to make dark Sonic stories and keep the happy go lucky, surreal festive atmosphere like Mania, Colors and Generations. I guess as long as the game is good, w/e. But srs Sonic worlds beyond the comics are cringey as fuck.

The jolly, straight forward stuff just works better for a giant blue Mickey Mouse looking hedgehog in bright red sneakers. Like, I bet the game's gonna be rad, but you go from one trailer with bright colors and happy music to cheesy sci-fi action movie trailer with 2 color tones. Oh well. If it's the team of Colors and Generations, I trust them 100%.

Also...

The Studiopolis music... QwQ

I like the cringe factor of Sonic, I find it endearing

Same reason why I like Star Fox

9 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I like the cringe factor of Sonic, I find it endearing

Same reason why I like Star Fox

I actually don't find Star Fox "cringey". It's just corny and campy which is rad. In the same way Sonic clings to his outdated, immature, 90's cool. It's awesome and no one wears it better than him. It's corny, but you can't live without it. Like Impact!

But like...the serious plots actually make me genuinely cringe where I'm like noooo please. I think Lost World was a perfect middle ground. It had subtle serious overtones under a fun and exciting atmosphere. But that's all just me.

received_1073685922666570.jpeg

Lmao. Fucking McMahon.

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I actually don't find Star Fox "cringey". It's just corny and campy which is rad. In the same way Sonic clings to his outdated, immature, 90's cool. It's awesome and no one wears it better than him. It's corny, but you can't live without it. Like Impact!

But like...the serious plots actually make me genuinely cringe where I'm like noooo please. I think Lost World was a perfect middle ground. It had subtle serious overtones under a fun and exciting atmosphere. But that's all just me.

What do you think the cringiest Sonic moment was?

The moment Shadow cocked an MP5 like it was a goddamn 12 guage on a roof top under a full moon...

Runner up is any moment of Sonic with Elise.

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

The moment Shadow cocked an MP5 like it was a goddamn 12 guage on a roof top under a full moon...

Runner up is any moment of Sonic with Elise.

See, I like the first one, it's like, he tries to be a badass but he's still a cuddly fluffy furry.

Sonic and Elise is pretty awful, but then... Fox and Krystal are awful too. ;) You know what, I take it back, I don't find that endearing at all, rofl

2 hours ago, SirRob said:

See, I like the first one, it's like, he tries to be a badass but he's still a cuddly fluffy furry.

Sonic and Elise is pretty awful, but then... Fox and Krystal are awful too. ;) You know what, I take it back, I don't find that endearing at all, rofl

I feel any romance blatantly shoved in these sorts of games are usually pretty poorly done. Krystal and Fox wasn't built up at all. They just liked each other because Krys was the new girl in town and Fox was the protag. And Command...Holy dogshit. I don't care if they wanted to make them a couple, but when it's just "BAM! now kiss", it shows the writers don't have clue about the concept of love. Not enough Jet Set Radio in their lives...

Goes for Elise and Sonic too. Actually especially so because Elise showed up once, was worthless, and never appeared again. At least Krystal has some use beyond being something I can put fat hips on.

Artist friend of mine in the UK went to Summer of Sonic where Sonic Mania was playable. Said the game plays flawlessly...which is a bit of a given considering who exactly is making it.

Sonic Mania confirmed to be gargantuan with Whitehead having confirmed it to be a bigger game than Sonic Generations. To back this...

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS40Y2RuLm9yZy92LzE0NzQ1MTQ2NDgzNzAucG5nIn0.png

That's Act 1.

Well that's exciting! I hope it's something you can really sink your teeth into.

Now I doubt it'd happen, but if the different acts had different music a la Sonic 3, my playlist would be reaaaaally happy

On 9/22/2016 at 8:13 AM, XoPachi said:

Sonic Mania confirmed to be gargantuan with Whitehead having confirmed it to be a bigger game than Sonic Generations. To back this...

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS40Y2RuLm9yZy92LzE0NzQ1MTQ2NDgzNzAucG5nIn0.png

That's Act 1.

83610572.jpg

I just watched new gameplay of Sonic Mania and I couldn't sit through the whole thing because it was TOO GOOD
This game has STYLE!!

20 hours ago, SirRob said:

I just watched new gameplay of Sonic Mania and I couldn't sit through the whole thing because it was TOO GOOD
This game has STYLE!!

I'm not even watching it. I'm trying to go into this game FRESH. I've seen enough from the trailer to know I'm sold. I am good to go. Already got my collector's edition preordered. Just a waiting game now.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2016/10/sega-project-sonic-2017-will-introduce-a-new-character-and-a-new-gameplay-component/

*squeals*

*cheers*

*dies*

Damn that's some early ass footage. 

1 person likes this

CJiRVXm.png

>Pre-alpha phase
>Coming holiday 2017

Get outta here.

I agree with that Marius dude though, this looks a bit too linear and the camera is way too close to the point that it makes me feel claustrophobic.

EDIT:

Whiniest Sonic fan award goes to...

0CmQr5n.png

JOxGZL0.png

2 hours ago, Socketosis said:

>Pre-alpha phase
>Coming holiday 2017

Get outta here.

I agree with that Marius dude though, this looks a bit too linear and the camera is way too close to the point that it makes me feel claustrophobic.

This is almost exactly what we said about Tropical Resort and Modern Green Hill Zone and then the respective games opened up immediately after those acts.

ROLLY AROUND AT A SPEED 2 SOUND

GOT PLACES 2 GO GOT TOO FOLLOW AN RAINBOW

it was around 2009 when it happened. a knock on the door. it was him. the blue blur himself.

Fur was so happy. Fur had been praying every night for this moment. we held each other in our arms,. he whispered in my ear, but no words were needed. we were home. 

Fur quickly took him down into my basement and barricaded the door before my mother could interfere. this time, she wouldn't get in the way. this time, she wouldn't ruin everything.

a night that felt like an eternity, yet ptailed in but a moment

ill never forget

1 hour ago, Battlechili said:

BUBSY'S BACK

bubsy.thumb.jpg.862c2916a2a3e7346f3ac76b72ec84f4.jpg

He is here to make sure sonic's future remains this way...for Sonic ruined his