Do Furries just hang out on Twitter now?

Crystal The Vixen

I noticed fursuit makers post pictures of their fursuits only on Twitter now. Some furry artists posting most of their art on Twitter too. For example, Nanook123 only posts her art on Twitter. Even though she doesn't draw furry anymore, just ponies. I still want to look at her art.
Why are they posting beautiful art on websites like Twitter only?
Twitter isn't for art galleries, Deviantart or Furaffinity is.
I just don't understand...

I've noticed quite a few furries migrating mostly to Twitter, outside of artists and fursuit makers... It kinda annoys me because some of them are people I like and they're leaving websites I use (i.e. /r/furry), so the places I like to go are becoming less enjoyable. And I hate using Twitter to interact with people because the awful 140 character limit. It just doesn't work with the way I write... heh.

I suppose it's just the fad of the moment and they can have a better following there. Local artists here, for example, have moved over to facebook because it's easier to be reached by a lot of people on that site. Not talking about the furry ones specifically (though I've seen some of them having FB pages), but comic artists in general, either indipendent or more famous.

Because Facebook sucks and Twitter is the best alternative. End.

I hate Facebook as much as the next person, but nah... Aside from the layout being kinda crappy, Facebook really is a thousand times better than Twitter for anything beyond advertising your stuff xP

Edited by ChaosCalix

When I first "discovered" the fandom back in 2004, It was overwhelmingly on Live Journal. Everyone who was everyone had a Live Journal and even after it was not terribly popular and began to decline, furries kept to Live Journal. My guess is when Twitter finally exploded into the ubiquitous "twitter-verse" it has become now, the vast majority made the switch. I don't know when it happened.

There was a big migration to FaceBook I was late for as well and that has been a while since as well. I don't know when and where MySpace and its rise and fall fit in that. There are many furries today if you say "MySpace" to some and they look at you like you are speaking gibberish or another language entirely. At it's peak before it became just like FaceBook, MySpace was a superior social networking site. The problem came in the early days of FaceBook. FaceBook had fewer ads and fewer things to spam up your profile. Everyone who got tired of that crap on MySpace jumped over to FaceBook only to have that happen again on FaceBook like several months later. Then they rolled out the timeline (That thing sucks. I liked it before the timelines.)

As far as Twitter goes, I am simply not interesting enough, nor do I want to spend my time putting texts from my cell phone onto twitter. with 140 characters, Either I would have posts going 1 of 5, 2 of 5...5 of 5 or I would want to come up with a way to say short, sharp, clever things. I really do not like texting on cellphones to be perfectly honest. The keyboards aggravate me; I press to many different letters, Autocorrect does some insane silly spelling corrections, guessing at what I actually want to spell. I need bifocals to read the tiny screen and it is just annoying to try and use whilst moving. I find it is much easier to just wait until I am at my computer to post what I want to say. 

Edited by Skylar Husky

I REALLY don't see Twitter becoming that popular with furry artists. Like I throw drawings up on mine occasionally, but I wouldn't use it like an art site because it's a shitty place to get art recognition. I use it for venting and short stupid things about what I'm doing.

FA and DA are garbage, but Twitter isn't usurping them by any means, it's hardly relevant in that regard.

Twitter was a huge vector for the FATransparency stuff that Renashe and I planned. During that, my follower count went from about 250 to 600 and the FATransparency twitter has hit 530. It has its uses. :P

For artists, I'd say any traffic is good traffic. People also tend to retweet a lot of artwork on there too, expanding your audience further. 

• Like 2

Those people just want to appear more popular by following random people and hoping for them to follow back. The same thing happens on DeviantART and Furaffinity.

I doubt it. Most of them I know from places like here. Deo was one. I think Kalmor is another even. Some are just odd though. Like why is STG Weekly following me? I mean, I LIKE shooters, but I'm nobody in the STG community worth following. Don't plan to be. lol 

I doubt it. Most of them I know from places like here. Deo was one. I think Kalmor is another even. Some are just odd though. Like why is STG Weekly following me? I mean, I LIKE shooters, but I'm nobody in the STG community worth following. Don't plan to be. lol 

Favespammers and followspammers don't care.  I get oddballs like Silicon Valley growth hacker startups following me just because I mention furries and programming on the same account, in addition to JavaScript framework spammers faving my NoScript-supporting complaints.

Twitter is for advertisement, sharing links and quick status updates. Some twitter pages plain suck 'cause their users can't grasp that.

Post your image wherever, share the link with followers. Make a video, share the link. Advertise some kind of giveaway, contest, etc... Or just post random thoughts. It's really simple which is why I like it.

twitter is awful

its literally for idiots who cant think more than 140 characters of inconsequential drivel to push out at a time

i mean i can literally drag an artful version of fuck you out longer than that character limit

and i though instagram was for sharing pictures

and tumblr for art

and skype and messenger services for chat

so what the fuck is twitter even for?

Edited by Azure

twitter is awful

its literally for idiots who cant think more than 140 characters of inconsequential drivel to push out at a time

i mean i can literally drag an artful version of fuck you out longer than that character limit

and i though instagram was for sharing pictures

and tumblr for art

and skype and messenger services for chat

so what the fuck is twitter even for?

I use Twitter to follow everything NASA does, Space Photo of the Day, etc.

stuff like that which is in fact really, really interesting.