LET THE LOBSTER TORTURE CEASE!

PastryOfApathy

I don't eat bugs. Lobsters and other shellfish are included in this. And if we follow certain logical loop holes I too am doing my part to help the lobsters <;

Statement: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

In symbolic logic: ¬S → P

(1) ¬S → P (given)

(2) ¬P → S (law of contraposition)

New Statement: "If you're not part of the problem, you're part of the solution."

Such -majestic- creatures

2nIne7H.gif

4 hours ago, Toshabi said:

You can't afford a 35 dollar lobster dish every now and then? Do you also live with your mom and not have a job due to social anxiety and depression?

So like did a guy with social anxiety and depression kill your loved ones or something or what's your deal

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

to be fair tho who the fuck can afford to eat lobster

anyone who's that bourgeois has to be morally dubious to be tbh

I can afford to eat lobster here and there. 

I do it because it tastes good. 

But yeah, sure, bourgeois, morally dubious, that's me. Because I eat lobster. Makes sense. 

21 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Ahem...

It's tacky to bring up people's family affairs in public. 

Almost as tacky as giving yourself your own applause/reaction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I seem to be short on seaweed and glutinous rice for his lobster in front of me. Damn. No mangosteen sushi for me tonight.

UH, check your privilege. You're not allowed to eat lobster, you materialistic fiend.

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

I can afford to eat lobster here and there. 

I do it because it tastes good. 

But yeah, sure, bourgeois, morally dubious, that's me. Because I eat lobster. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

UH, check your privilege. You're not allowed to eat lobster, you materialistic fiend.

friend it was Jokes

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Ahem...

It's tacky to bring up people's family affairs in public. 

Hey buck. Your tryhard is showing.

5 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

...I honestly can't.

Well depending on your definition of "now and then".

Once every 3-4 months. Fancy meals happen for when Toshabi wants to have the good stuff.

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

idk lobster's gross

Me treating myself is basically just, "I'm gonna get a large at McDonald's today."

It can be hit and miss depending on where you get it from. There's a lot of good places here to get lobster for a reasonable price (15~40 bucks), but I partially want to contribute that to us being near the coast. But either or, lobster's not that hard to get for cheap. Why people are treating it like you have to drop +$500 and sit in a palace made of diamonds with a $500000 suit requirement, with little cherub status pissing liquid gold all over the place is beyond me. That or maybe 40 bucks is considered a year's savings for some. That or people just don't get out enough. 

I dunno, you'd be surprised these days. 

• Like 1

Christ where do I even start?

Hold whatever moral position you want, but keep the fuck out of restaurants where people pay to eat food in peace. People have the right to not be bothered by idiots screaming about lobsters

Lobsters react to sudden stimulus, like twitching their tails when placed in boiling water, but they don't have complex brains that allow them to process pain like humans and other animals do

Lobsters do not feel, they are lower creatures incapable of processing pain. They have no sense of emotions and are barely above plant matter and bacteria. 

Why the hell do people think harassing others is a good way to make a point? 

5 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Christ where do I even start?

Hold whatever moral position you want, but keep the fuck out of restaurants where people pay to eat food in peace. People have the right to not be bothered by idiots screaming about lobsters

Lobsters do not feel, they are lower creatures incapable of processing pain. They have no sense of emotions and are barely above plant matter and bacteria. 

Why the hell do people think harassing others is a good way to make a point? 

#lobsterlivesmatter?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Go to Rally's and REALLY treat yourself.

wtf is a Rally's?

12 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

It can be hit and miss depending on where you get it from. There's a lot of good places here to get lobster for a reasonable price (15~40 bucks), but I partially want to contribute that to us being near the coast. But either or, lobster's not that hard to get for cheap. Why people are treating it like you have to drop +$500 and sit in a palace made of diamonds with a $500000 suit requirement, with little cherub status pissing liquid gold all over the place is beyond me. That or maybe 40 bucks is considered a year's savings for some. That or people just don't get out enough.

It's the 'prestige' attached to it that people care about I think.

idk I fucking hate seafood.

11 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I'll buy you a large at McDonalds bby. 

That's the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me~

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Obscure? Rally's/Checkers is one of the largest double drive-thru chains out there!

I didn't find out about Rally's till I came to San Diego. Even the commercials never showed up in LA. It was always Wendy's, Burger BLEH and McDonalds. Oh and Jack and Carls Jr. 

22 minutes ago, 6tails said:

You want obscure? WhatABurger. :3 Only a few states get it and they're slow as hell to try expanding.

(SPERG OUT)

I love WhatABurger! Too bad I'm stuck between Ohio and Massachusetts. The food is fucking awful, especially in Ohio. I hope to to eat at WhatABurger again before I die for nostalgia's sake. I haven't seen any outside of Texas.

They don't even have Popeye's up here, so it's nothing but shitty KFC and overpriced family-owned restaurants.

16 hours ago, JegoLego said:

What's the best or most humane way to dispatch a lobster before preparing it?

The method I have grown up with was to just keep the crayfish alive in a container and place them in freshwater for a few hours back at home

when you were ready to start preparing them so that they would slowly asphyxiate in the water, in doing so it also helps clean the meat out by flushing the crap out of their system with clean water, eventually the little buggers have passed on and you can get to work on them. 

6 hours ago, Luka said:

Tbh lobster looks disgusting. I could never bring myself to eat them. Same with shrimp.

Aye, I was never fond of seafood myself either and have always considered prawns and shrimp as a bait fish.

Also, why do these types of protesters always seem to have the mentality and behavior of an obnoxious child, it seems overgrown children are common place in society these days.

From what I remember, lobster tastes kind of like salmon. Not particularly fond of either.

10 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Great if true, horrible if mistaken.

2 hours ago, Sylver said:

I want lobsters to feel pain and squeal when I boil them alive. Not that I have anything against lobsters, I just want to torment the protesters.

That's just demented.

10 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

But suffering is a flavor!

I mean, its why cats will torment prey for days before finally deciding to take a single bite and letting it go to further ferment within its own madness and despair.

Cats are also the sons of satan.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2016 at 0:54 PM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

see when I saw the title of this thread, I immediately assumed it was Nova. You're losing your touch, Pastry.

NO!!!

AN INTERNET STRANGER DIDN'T LIKE MY EPIK THREAD!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

• Like 4