Sh*t Your Pets Do

Ratmomma

Imagine hairballs and piss everywhere.

Also, for my 14th birthday my parents had an Iron Maiden cake made for me by a professional, and it was the best damn cake I have ever tasted. Unfortunately, I did not eat much of it, as we stored it in a box and my fat cat loves sitting on boxes. Splat, the cake is done.

My Tonkinese is a caterwauler. He loves to walk around the house 'singing' at the top of his lungs and holds the sound for a good 15 seconds straight. For a tiny cat, he's surprisingly loud, and he has a god-awful, ear-shattering voice. His favorite time to do it is at 3am, in the hallway outside of my bedroom.

• Like 1

My Tonkinese is a caterwauler. He loves to walk around the house 'singing' at the top of his lungs and holds the sound for a good 15 seconds straight. For a tiny cat, he's surprisingly loud, and he has a god-awful, ear-shattering voice. His favorite time to do it is at 3am, in the hallway outside of my bedroom.

What is it with pets and 3am?

Labradors and Tennis balls, seriously. They can just zone the world out if you are holding a tennis ball, the focus is ridiculous. Whats fun to do with my dog is pretend to throw it and watch as he runs around trying to find it. He will not stop looking for it.

• Like 3

Last week while I was home alone, my three cats would take turns harassing me while I slept. I fell asleep with Gracie laying next to me. I woke up around 3-4am with Bree kneading my chest. Finally, I woke up around 7-8am with Precious just standing and looking at me. 

We can't ever catch a break in this house =P

• Like 1

This thread is full of amusing tales :D

No matter what food you give to my dog or where you give it to her, she takes it and eats it on the carpet just inches from our linoleum-floored kitchen where she is supposed to eat.

It is almost as if she knows it bothers us and is difficult to clean.

My dog/the family dog always did that :) She sadly was put to sleep today due to a tumor...she was 15yrs old. I literally grew up with her so.. I've been doing a lot of crying today, even more so because I live in a different state now so... yeah </3

Our Chesapeake bay retriever will tow me on my back for hundreds of yards without tiring across a lake if I just hold onto his tail.  He doesn't give a shit where he's going.   He also sounds like a a scooby doo sometimes and can give very concerned looks.  

• Like 1

My cats have an aggravating tendency to open cabinets and sliding doors.  They haven't quite mastered the doorknob yet, but it hasn't been for lack of trying.  I swear, they're like raccoons.  If they had opposable thumbs, I'd have to lock up the silverware.

5pvny35.png

This has something to do with their perception of time, as best as I understand it.

I lock my puppy in the bathroom when I go to work. She has ripped the trim from the door (note: she is 12 weeks old) and poops in the bathtub. Today she jumped up onto the sink and pooped in there. She also smudged the mirror and got poop on her paws which she then smeared all over.

Thinking of kenneling her from now on for both her safety and my bathroom's.

I lock my puppy in the bathroom when I go to work. She has ripped the trim from the door (note: she is 12 weeks old) and poops in the bathtub. Today she jumped up onto the sink and pooped in there. She also smudged the mirror and got poop on her paws which she then smeared all over.

Thinking of kenneling her from now on for both her safety and my bathroom's.

Definitely get a kennel, and some toys for her to chew on. Sounds like she is already teething and needs something to nom on less she go insane from the weird pain of teeth coming in.

Labradors and Tennis balls, seriously. They can just zone the world out if you are holding a tennis ball, the focus is ridiculous. Whats fun to do with my dog is pretend to throw it and watch as he runs around trying to find it. He will not stop looking for it.

My lab is the same way.

I really get a kick out of talking to my Labrador and seeing him smile. The honest truth, the dog smiles as he wags his tail!

• Like 2

Definitely get a kennel, and some toys for her to chew on. Sounds like she is already teething and needs something to nom on less she go insane from the weird pain of teeth coming in.

Yeah. I was going to wait until she was older but she is too crazy. I leave her with several chews and basic toys every day but she doesn't care once locked up. Right now both her and my adult pup are nomming on cow hooves. Those things are awesome. 

My cat always jumps up on my shoulders and wraps herself around my neck whenever she can. She also has a strange fascination with anything involving vision correction, she steals contact lens cases and small solution bottles (but nothing else), and yanks the glasses off my face if I am wearing them. She also hates wearing collars so much that she takes them off my sister's cat if he is wearing one.

My cat always jumps up on my shoulders and wraps herself around my neck whenever she can. She also has a strange fascination with anything involving vision correction, she steals contact lens cases and small solution bottles (but nothing else), and yanks the glasses off my face if I am wearing them. She also hates wearing collars so much that she takes them off my sister's cat if he is wearing one.

Speaking of thieving animals, my first rescue ratties had a thing for swiping objects and hiding them in their cage, or near it. They stole silverware, erasers, my cell phone, one of my cameras... and my current youngest rattie, Inkie, is a kleptomaniac and will steal all your coins. I legit found a small hoard of change one day when I was cleaning. I just stood there and looked at her and said 'MMMM HMMM, FOUND YA SPOT, YOU LIL SHIT but no seriously you're cute, I love you, you little klepto."

• Like 1

Speaking of thieving animals, my first rescue ratties had a thing for swiping objects and hiding them in their cage, or near it. They stole silverware, erasers, my cell phone, one of my cameras... and my current youngest rattie, Inkie, is a kleptomaniac and will steal all your coins. I legit found a small hoard of change one day when I was cleaning. I just stood there and looked at her and said 'MMMM HMMM, FOUND YA SPOT, YOU LIL SHIT but no seriously you're cute, I love you, you little klepto."

I'm trying to wrap my head around how a rat carries a cell phone in any efficient way.

Oh gawd, I'll try to make this list short... I've only had these adorable little fuckers for a while inside and already they've picked up some horrible habits.

1. Nom's worst habit is taking poop out of the litter box and playing with it. I honestly think this is his way of saying "littler box is too full for me, so I'll just play with my shit until you come pick it up". It's quite irritating to come home from a long night at work and step on cat shit. And then he walks on me and my stuff with his shit covered paws... sigh. It's not an every day habit at least, but I work 12 hours a day so on those days it seems like is when he decides the box is too full and it's play time. Need to get a bigger box maybe, but because of problem #2 I dunno if that will maybe make things worse...

2. Both of them when they get really hyper will play in the litter and make a mess. Sometimes one will smack the other around as he's using the box, and that's just rude.

3. Little bastards like to have fights on my bed while I'm sleeping in it. Then will run across me, then run back, then run across again and I yell and they get the hint usually, but rawr.

4. Rawrz has gotten in the habit lately of ripping the coating of my closet and bedroom doors off. =|

5. Rawrz also likes to run off with my socks any chance he gets. He even growls at Nom if Nom approaches or tries to take it, like he thinks he has prey or something... I have to be sure to keep my used socks somewhere he can't get to, else I lose them. I also caught him trying to take one of my lighter shirts, but that's not nearly as easy for him to hide with so he didn't get away with it.

6. They both enjoy eating boxes. Not the typical cat where they get in the box and sit, no, they'd rather snack on the boxes. I'm moving today so there's lots of boxes laying around and I'm sure if they weren't still dazed from being neutered yesterday they'd be chewing on them constantly.

7. Nom's final horrible habit is dumping his food bowl over. I think he's one of those cats that doesn't like his whiskers mucked with when he puts his face in the bowl, because he only does this when the bowl is half empty or lower, so once settled into the new place I'm gonna try different dishes for them and see if he leaves them alone. He also has a hard time eating, so he'll pick up the food and chew it a bit then drop it, or sometimes forgets he has a kibble in his mouth when he goes to drink and leaves the damn kibble in the water. Fuckin' derp.

8. They're both crazy megaderps so they like to toss each other into things and run into things when being playful. Doesn't bug me much, but it does seem like it hurts so I do wish they would not do that.

Goddamnit I hate them so much but I love them so much and am conflicted. I am very grateful though that they haven't figured out cords are chewable yet. I had a cat previously that did this and I learned from her that cords must be well hidden. With these buggers I haven't had them pro-like hidden and they've still been nice and left them alone. I can live with the other bad habits if they leave my cords alone, though they can't destroy the doors and fixtures in my new place or we might be homeless...

Edited by Kinare
forgot a couple
  • Like 1

Ferrets do that too. I had a friend with a pair of them.

• Like 1

Whenever we wash our dog, we put a towel on the ground so he can roll around on it a dry himself off a bit more, however, he rolls, crawls and rubs around the entire bad room, except for the part where we put the towel, leaving hair on pretty much everything including the walls.

Yay for long Australian shepherd hair all over the place

Edited by Hell_Charm

When she was a kitten, my cat pulled a full newspaper out of the plastic tub we used as a recycling bin (because it's big enough to hold newspapers). Not only was this impressive for how small she was, but she then spread the newspaper all over the kitchen floor, almost neat enough to look like it was done by a professional to protect the floor.

It was as if she was telling me she planned to shit wherever she wanted, but was at least putting paper down. I did not approve of her plan.

• Like 1

Whenever we wash our dog, we put a towel on the ground so he can roll around on it a dry himself off a bit more, however, he rolls, crawls and rubs around the entire bad room, except for the part where we put the towel, leaving hair on pretty much everything including the walls.

Yay for long Australian shepherd hair all over the place

What a little shit :'D

Oh gawd, I'll try to make this list short... I've only had these adorable little fuckers for a while inside and already they've picked up some horrible habits.

1. Nom's worst habit is taking poop out of the litter box and playing with it. I honestly think this is his way of saying "littler box is too full for me, so I'll just play with my shit until you come pick it up". It's quite irritating to come home from a long night at work and step on cat shit. And then he walks on me and my stuff with his shit covered paws... sigh. It's not an every day habit at least, but I work 12 hours a day so on those days it seems like is when he decides the box is too full and it's play time. Need to get a bigger box maybe, but because of problem #2 I dunno if that will maybe make things worse...

2. Both of them when they get really hyper will play in the litter and make a mess. Sometimes one will smack the other around as he's using the box, and that's just rude.

3. Little bastards like to have fights on my bed while I'm sleeping in it. Then will run across me, then run back, then run across again and I yell and they get the hint usually, but rawr.

4. Rawrz has gotten in the habit lately of ripping the coating of my closet and bedroom doors off. =|

5. Rawrz also likes to run off with my socks any chance he gets. He even growls at Nom if Nom approaches or tries to take it, like he thinks he has prey or something... I have to be sure to keep my used socks somewhere he can't get to, else I lose them. I also caught him trying to take one of my lighter shirts, but that's not nearly as easy for him to hide with so he didn't get away with it.

6. They both enjoy eating boxes. Not the typical cat where they get in the box and sit, no, they'd rather snack on the boxes. I'm moving today so there's lots of boxes laying around and I'm sure if they weren't still dazed from being neutered yesterday they'd be chewing on them constantly.

7. Nom's final horrible habit is dumping his food bowl over. I think he's one of those cats that doesn't like his whiskers mucked with when he puts his face in the bowl, because he only does this when the bowl is half empty or lower, so once settled into the new place I'm gonna try different dishes for them and see if he leaves them alone. He also has a hard time eating, so he'll pick up the food and chew it a bit then drop it, or sometimes forgets he has a kibble in his mouth when he goes to drink and leaves the damn kibble in the water. Fuckin' derp.

8. They're both crazy megaderps so they like to toss each other into things and run into things when being playful. Doesn't bug me much, but it does seem like it hurts so I do wish they would not do that.

Goddamnit I hate them so much but I love them so much and am conflicted. I am very grateful though that they haven't figured out cords are chewable yet. I had a cat previously that did this and I learned from her that cords must be well hidden. With these buggers I haven't had them pro-like hidden and they've still been nice and left them alone. I can live with the other bad habits if they leave my cords alone, though they can't destroy the doors and fixtures in my new place or we might be homeless...

Oh my lord xD as frustrating as that probably gets, your post was a wild ride from start to finish and I'm endlessly amused by your critters.

My cat started picking at the furniture with his claws, so now I have a spray bottle and I squirting him when he us being bad.

Unfortunately, he has invented a new game - he will get close to me, quickly pick at the furniture, and then dart off once I notice him. 

• Like 1

My cat Tim is gonna be 16 or 17 in December

He's an old man and it's really showing. He struggles to climb up on the couch and bed, and you have to help him climb up..... but if there's bacon grease in a frying pan on the stove, he jumps up like he's a fucking olympic athlete

he licks the solidified bacon grease.

• Like 1

My dog/the family dog always did that :) She sadly was put to sleep today due to a tumor...she was 15yrs old. I literally grew up with her so.. I've been doing a lot of crying today, even more so because I live in a different state now so... yeah </3

Well, I wish you the best. It hurts when any loved member of the family passes.

I'll have grown up with mine, too, and I dread the day she either passes on or we have to put her down.

Well, I wish you the best. It hurts when any loved member of the family passes.

I'll have grown up with mine, too, and I dread the day she either passes on or we have to put her down.

Thank you for that.. <3

And yeah.. it sucks. This hurts a lot, and I'm afraid of my oldest rat, Rose, passing soon as well. I know it's on the horizon, so I try my best to make every day great for her. She won't be the first rattie I've lost, but each time one of my ratties pass on, it's like the first time all over again... only now I have healthier coping mechanisms and better know what to expect. When one of my rats pass on, that's like my child passing on 8(

My cat Tim is gonna be 16 or 17 in December

He's an old man and it's really showing. He struggles to climb up on the couch and bed, and you have to help him climb up..... but if there's bacon grease in a frying pan on the stove, he jumps up like he's a fucking olympic athlete

he licks the solidified bacon grease.

It's amazing how a little junk food can make the oldest animal suddenly become a year old again :P

You just give that handsome little guy lots of lovin' every day, because when his time comes, you'll have that many more happy memories there to help get you thru the pain of his passing. I didn't know how to cope with the loss of my ratties when I rescued my first 3, but I learned the hard way and know a thing or two now, the most important things being: 1. tell them you love them, a whole lot, especially before you leave or go to sleep 2. accepting their passing when you know it's imminent, because the sooner you accept it, the more at peace you'll be, particularly if you're having the animal put to sleep. It also helps coping later on...I find it helps to eliminate the "what if" factor. 3. get a good supportive group around you. For me, I've got a group both IRL and online, and the online one helps (honestly) more because it's thousands of other rattie moms and dads, and they know exactly how I feel, which is something I severely lack in my current IRL situation.

• Like 1

It's amazing how a little junk food can make the oldest animal suddenly become a year old again :P

You just give that handsome little guy lots of lovin' every day, because when his time comes, you'll have that many more happy memories there to help get you thru the pain of his passing. I didn't know how to cope with the loss of my ratties when I rescued my first 3, but I learned the hard way and know a thing or two now, the most important things being: 1. tell them you love them, a whole lot, especially before you leave or go to sleep 2. accepting their passing when you know it's imminent, because the sooner you accept it, the more at peace you'll be, particularly if you're having the animal put to sleep. It also helps coping later on...I find it helps to eliminate the "what if" factor. 3. get a good supportive group around you. For me, I've got a group both IRL and online, and the online one helps (honestly) more because it's thousands of other rattie moms and dads, and they know exactly how I feel, which is something I severely lack in my current IRL situation.

Oh gosh, yes it will tear me apart when he goes. When I say he's 16 years old, what I should be saying is that I've had him for 16 years. He's my old man and he's really getting older every day. Every time I go to my dad's house, Tim is curled up and sleeping. He's got those tired eye-boogers when he wakes up and when he walks around, his joints crack.
I wish I could take him into my new house but it would just stress him out too much, and I can't bring him in the trailer with me right now... so I'm away from him and my other cats. ]:

Thank you for the advice, I like to think that I'll just mourn and move on, but the actual passing will have me "what if"ing I know it. I mean he's elderly, he's not gonna live forever... maybe that bacon grease is doing the trick.

Oh gosh, yes it will tear me apart when he goes. When I say he's 16 years old, what I should be saying is that I've had him for 16 years. He's my old man and he's really getting older every day. Every time I go to my dad's house, Tim is curled up and sleeping. He's got those tired eye-boogers when he wakes up and when he walks around, his joints crack.I wish I could take him into my new house but it would just stress him out too much, and I can't bring him in the trailer with me right now... so I'm away from him and my other cats. ]:

Thank you for the advice, I like to think that I'll just mourn and move on, but the actual passing will have me "what if"ing I know it. I mean he's elderly, he's not gonna live forever... maybe that bacon grease is doing the trick.

I felt that way about all my family dogs and the cat when I moved out of state.

And heck, at this age, I'd give him all the bacon grease he wants. Treats, treats, and more treats!

My cat Charlie likes to look in the fridge. Anytime he sees me walk into the kitchen, he perks up and watches which direction I go. If I go to the sink, he goes back to what he's doing.  If I turn the corner and go to the fridge, I hear the tags on his collar jingling as he trots in and sits expectantly in front of the fridge, waiting for me to open it. He's also a fan of flaming hot cheetos and will fight you for them. 

My dog likes shoving his face against the carpet and walking around in circles, I think he's trying to get an itch or something but he looks so bloody stupid. 

And he steals my cat's food but I think alot of dogs do that anyway.

Usually when my dog does what you are describing, running in circles dragging his face on the carpet, it has to do with a fragrance or smell he doesn't like being on his muzzle. Most of the time I see it when my dog is fresh out of a bath.

I have seen him paw at his muzzle and do the muzzle dragging circles on the carpet if it is itching as well.

The worst was one time when a friend's Golden Retriever got sprayed by a skunk. He was running dragging his muzzle and crying. The smell brought water to my eyes.

Edited by Skylar Husky

Red's dog Ozzie  the  German Shepard Paw Prints of Darkness (named per Red in 2009) has been really really stressed since Red has not been home to take for a run, or ride in truck or spend a night in a couple of months. We really think Ozzie knows the gist.  Since being home Ozzie has taking to picking up rocks from the field and bringing them to the yard and house and gnawing on them (he has the other dogs participating as well) . At first it was like oh how cute..... Now it is like oh man what a mess.... Also, he is stress eating now. He started at about 140 pounds now he is probably bit of 155-160 pounds and he just lays on the couch looks either out the door or out the window.  He is a good dog but we are at a loss .  He really does not respond well to our verbal cues and absolutely hates the other dog.  But it is the last remaining living remnant of my kid. So it is what it is.