Wish Corruptor

Summercat

Granted.
You create simple musical instruments from fish and play them so well that you decide to record yourself and release the recordings into an album.
The album suddenly takes over the entire world as everyone starts listening to your music in a loop, and only your music, as if it somehow hypnotized them with its charming sounds.
Soon, the media and every major music industry wishes to interview you about your wonderful music.
However, to keep your dignity and to not disgust everyone with your little fishy secret, you tell all of them that your instruments are a trade secret.
The music industry, however, declares that the music is not created by you and demands that you perform a live concert to prove otherwise.
To avoid the criticism the entire world will give you once the rumor spreads, you take on their challenge.
The biggest concert hall in the whole town is reserved exclusively for your use.
The tickets are priced at the whopping price of $1,850 per attendee. Despite that, the entire concert hall is still booked to the last seat. The revenue from this concert would set you up for a very comfortable life.

The event begins. You are given a chair and, as you requested beforehand, an aquarium with live fish.
You pull out a live fish, sit down on the chair, and begin crafting your simple instrument.
<insert overly-descriptive gory detailsĀ of how one is constructed, which I shall not mention for reasons of forum rules>
Before you even finish the instrument, security is called and you are immediately arrested.
You are soon thrown into a mental asylum in the middle of nowhere, where you spend the entirety of your life.
Rumor spreads of your fish-related stunt in front of hundreds of thousands of people, which promptly goes straight into history books.
Your music is soon forgotten as well, as everybody's searches for the "true" creator have failed.
The music industry falls to an all-time low and collapses, as nobody is capable of creating something anywhere near what you have created.
Soon, the world is left without music.
All because of your decision to use disgusting live fishy musical instruments for whatever reason.
The end.

I wish computers were capable of storing and simulating a human mind.
In a sense, I wish for the singularity.
This totally isn't corrupted from the start.

• Like 1

Granted, but the people selected for it are all murderers and psychopaths, and use their newfound bodies and mental capabilities to dominate the world, leading us into an endless misery and lives of servitude, knowing nothing but labor. You wanted to cheat death, but now it's your only wish.

I wish I had less work to do.

On 17 May 2016 at 6:06 PM, george99g said:

All because of your decision to use disgusting live fishy musical instruments for whatever reason.

*sniff* *sniff* I just wanted to make an instrument called the Bass Bass in order to confuse etymologists...Ā 

On 17 May 2016 at 6:27 PM, george99g said:

I wish for a working HDMI-capable monitor with your average resolution.

Granted. Since I was born in the era of the ZX Spectrum, MY average resolution is 320 x 240 pixels.

I wish people would notice me.

Edited by Faust
Why is it whenever I try and type 'Etymology' I get something slightly wrong and it autocorrects to 'Entomology'?
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kinharia said:

I wish I had a cute figure and boobs.

Right, just for that!

You now have a cute figure. It's the figure 8. Also six boobs, none of them attached to your body. That'll learn you :D

...I wish I hadn't done that now, I feel mean.

• Like 1

Wow, this is rapidly becoming the 'Body Issues' thread!

...Not that I have any idea what any of you three look like, but chill! It's what's on the inside that counts, and I think y'all are beautiful people :)Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Granted, but Kin will always remember that you said that, even though it didn't happen. She now is your mortal enemy.

Ā 

I wish I looked less terrible :/

Granted, you now have the looks of a movie star (somewhere between Danny DeVito and Sean Connery) and all the personality of a cardboard box.

I wish I had a better sense of what's important to people.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Granted, you now have the looks of a movie star (somewhere between Danny DeVito and Sean Connery) and all the personality of a cardboard box.

I wish I had a better sense of what's important to people.

Granted but you only learn the naughtiest of things people wish for

I wish for my original body back

• Like 2

Granted but it's infected with a terrible disease that twists you into a terrible daemon, which terrorises all that you love.

Ā 

5 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Finally, my shallow and materialistic fantasy is fuffilled!

Ā 

I wish for an uncorrupted wish.

33 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Granted but it's infected with a terrible disease that twists you into a terrible daemon, which terrorises all that you love.

Ā 

Finally, my shallow and materialistic fantasy is fuffilled!

Ā 

I wish for an uncorrupted wish.

Granted, but you have been granted the ability to turn money into smaller amounts of money.

I wish I could sing like Freddie Mercury

Well according to my dictionary, 'in-vincible' means 'not vincible', and 'vincible' means 'able to be overcome'. So yep, nobody can now come over you. You are now incapable of bringing anyone to orgasm and you generate an invisible forcefield directly above you that causes planes to crash. Yay etymology!

I wish for some good news!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Granted. The news is good..... to the terrorists waiting for America to fall. The U.S has been taken over by militants and all are being executed and enslaved.

Hurray! I'm English! Maybe we can get the colonies back!

(Skip me)

5 hours ago, Caledonian said:

granted. the USA ends it the same day by blowing up the entire plannet

Oh come ON, those guys are ALWAYS late to the World Wars! ;)

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I wish I understood science better.

Granted. The science is UFOlogy. Sadly, UFOs don't exist.

I wish for a nice cuddly furry lady to snuggle up to at night

• Like 4

Granted, it's shipped to you today, improperly packaged (even in the future), and damaged. One leg doesn't work and the power source is missing. Further inspection reveals it's a cheap knock off version made of plastic and glue.

Ā 

I wish for more gum.

• Like 1

granted,it's already chewed on

i wish my pc would magically just start working perfectly again, without turning against me

On 5/22/2016 at 4:10 PM, TheGreatFanatic said:

Granted. Though everyone, except me, knows what the fuck an the instant voodoo kid stickers is.

the instant voodoo kit is a band, and I got a dozen of merchandise stickers I got for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1KG5ilvdS4

Ā 

Granted. Sadly you just wasted your one and only wish obtaining this knowledge and no longer have a use for it.

I wish I could've kept the meerkats I was cuddling on Saturday without them dying of loneliness.

(They were so soft and fluffy! You don't expect meerkats to be soft and fluffy but they are, not wiry or greasy at all!)

Granted. They all contract rabies, and eat you. They then turn on each other and terrorize the neighbors. Furthermore they recognize the taste of your bloodline and hunt down your family.

Ā 

I wish I could make a funny corrupted wish instead of the one above....

8 hours ago, george99g said:

Granted. Everyone except youĀ is now a plushie.
The consequences of that are very obvious.

I wish the latest IPB update didn't remove the subscript and superscript buttons.

I could be okay with this for a few months once I got over the existential horror of having to save my now inanimate friends from being chewed by feral dogs! I'm weird.

Also: Granted, except nowĀ everyone in your home country is coming to you for tech support advice like your oldest, least-tech-savvy relatives do.

Ā 

I wish I could explode people with the power of my mind.

Granted. Prices go too low though. There are riots in the streets. Cats are marrying dogs. Up is down. Left is right. All society collapses.

Now there is no electricity for the power drill you got for $2.48 after tax.

I wish to travel the world. FO FREE.