Wish Corruptor

Summercat

Granted, the historic conquest of your homeland by the English in the 15th century is a point of contention (and bafflement to historians); voting is Tuesday and polls indicate heavy support in favor of seceeding from the UK.

I wish my code would compile and run correctly the first time and everytime.

Granted. 'Ere mate, want to buy this Furry Internet Forum? Only slightly soiled, one careful owner. It 'fell off the back of a lorry' if you know what I mean, squire? Only four billion quid to you.

I wish I could write vapour-trail messages on the sky using the power of my mind.

Granted. Compilers now love you so much that they don't complain at all, leaving you completely at a loss as to why your code is failing. Warnings are there for a reason, yo.

I wish that cows would moo in tune.

• Like 2

Granted. However, since they're all signed 'Leonardo Da Vinci' your teacher sees right through the deception and gives you detention.

I wish that the high street wasn't always full of bloody annoying fire-and-brimstone christian preachers with megaphones.

Granted! Bye-bye internet, the Difference Engine just doesn't have the bandwidth to cope with it!

Also, due to the limitations of steam power, all cars now take 15 minutes to start, there's no boot space because you need somewhere to store all that coal and water,Ā and the massive amounts of vapour produced by every single family car means that it rains all day, every day.

Also you're captured by counter-revolutionaries and shot as one of the main leaders of the revolution. And they don't even use steam-powered guns to do it. Bummer.

I wish I was bright purple all over.

• Like 1

Granted, your new boyfriend is amazing... ly horrible, violent, rude, abusive and (goodness knows how...) homophobic. It's truly amazing what a horrible pile of human refuse he genuinely is, but he's yours so you wuv him.

I wish I had a work chair that didn't squeak, groan and fall to pieces at will.

3 hours ago, Faust said:

Granted, your new boyfriend is amazing... ly horrible, violent, rude, abusive and (goodness knows how...) homophobic. It's truly amazing what a horrible pile of human refuse he genuinely is, but he's yours so you wuv him..

Wow.Ā 

Wow.

Woah.

You sure I wuv him?

(Skip me, do Fenrir.)

Ā 

2 hours ago, Faust said:

Stockholm Syndrome's a bitch, huh? :D

(Skip meh also, then I get to keep my wish! :D)

Oh no, you're not getting away that easily! :P

Granted, your chair no longer groans or squeaks and instead falls to pieces against your will.

I wish I could come up with more creative ways to corrupt wishes.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Granted, a powerful automated cleaning system is installed that after developing a contiousness of its own,Ā deems theĀ inhabitants of the house part of the 'filth' and will stop at nothing to clean you allĀ away.

I wish I'd stop procrastin..... urghhh, I'll write the rest of this word later

I'll do BOTH!

Monty:

Granted, now you are never, ever able to put something off and your life becomes and endless cycle of work and things unfinished. You are never able to stop and enjoy something.

Caledonian:

Granted. No conflict is possible and all adversity is quickly quashed since everyone works together. Life becomes meaningless and dull and the world becomes a grey, emotionless nightmare.

Ā 

I wish I could make up my mind about who I am.

Corrupt this one, suckahs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

You decide you are Napoleon and spend the rest of your days in an insane asylum.

I wish I had more time that I lack.

Shit. Okay I was not expecting that.

Also, be careful of that wording...

(Skip me, do Gravitas.)

Edit: Warned you grav.

• Like 1

Granted. You lose all other skills and spend life in a torment, being able to do nothing but play accordion and bagpipes. You lose all friends and family members because they can't stand you and you're evicted for disturbing the neighbors. You wander the streets playing, and get brutally beaten by street thugs for the irritating music. The police pick you up for repeated disturbing the peace violations. Even after your instruments are removed you keep constructing makeshift ones out of refuse, until you get shanked and die in prison alone, with no friends, bleeding your last on cold concrete.

Ā 

I wish I could dedicate writing to something better than writing incredibly depressing things.

• Like 1

On 14 May 2016 at 9:37 PM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I wish I could dedicate writing to something better than writing incredibly depressing things.

Granted. You dedicate all your writing henceforth to GOD. Unfortunately the god in question is Xipe Totec, obliging you to ritually flay a human sacrifice every time you sit down to write something.

I wish that Angela Merkel would sprout eagle wings and a raccoon tail and go on a world crusade against people who likeĀ gherkins.

(I have strange dreams sometimes)

Granted, but after pausing you realize that the laws of science no longer work and your body can no longer function.

1 hour ago, Faust said:

Granted. You dedicate all your writing henceforth to GOD. Unfortunately the god in question is Xipe Totec, obliging you to ritually flay a human sacrifice every time you sit down to write something.

Credit where it's due, that is a very corrupted wish. That certainly would be shitty.

I wish I felt more alive.