Your OTHER Hobbies - Post 'em here

Irreverent

• Things I cannot say for fear of getting spammed (in a good way)

No pressure to share, but no one is judging here.  We've all got our eclectic side.   Hell, my freak flag is about a kilometer long. B|

If I dabbled in cosmology then that would be more job than hobby. I mostly mean toying with various calculation methods and models to see if anything interesting falls out. The motivation, though, usually starts with something I'm working on seriously.

Cool.

Edited by Irreverent

But in all seriousness, my hobbies are pretty...eh since moving to a new state, as everything I loved to do isn't available here (no woodlands, no rivers, no fields, nothing in terms of natural beauty).

SO ASIDE FROM ART and being a Rat Mommy, I enjoy:

• Making blankies for my rats
  • Spending too many hours playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Shuffle
  • Researching abnormal psychology and various branches of science, typically marine, plant, and animal

Aaaand that's about it... this place is urban bleh. I moved here to be with my boyfriend, so the drawback is that it's an urban jungle here.

Gaming, specifically retro gaming. Not that I dislike modern games at all, just that playing older stuff makes up like 85% of my interest in the hobby. I'm also a contributor to a few wikis. It's all very nerdy. Web browsing counts too. I have a cycle of sites I hit up.

I also like walking, especially this time of year. I mean, aside from getting from one place to another.

My other hobbies include;

• Music - guitars, mandolin family, tenor banjo, bagpipes (my neighbors hate the pipes)
  • Firearms - Ruger 10-22 rifles are easy to mod so I have a few modded ones. I also enjoy large bore rifle and handgun target shooting.
  • Slot cars - yeah, been playing with them for about fifty years.
  • Genealogy - finding out my background and being surprised by some of the characters in my lineage.
  • Boating - power, sail and paddle. I really like hot lake boats.
  • Water Skiing
  • Camping, either lake or mountains.
  • Motorcycle riding, although my current ride (Honda GL1000) is not running at the moment while I go through the brakes and carbs.
  • Bicycling
  • Like 1

I wish I could include sewing, knitting, and crocheting as hobbies, but these are things that I also use as a source of income.  Sculpting and drawing as well, even though I only use them rarely.  My only real hobbies, then, are:

~ World building and analyzing (currently focused on a personal compilation based on the drow from Dungeons and Dragons, in order to create a more comprehensive/unified guide)

~ Calligraphy (slowly but surely)

~ Video games, including playing them and studying the lore they provide.  Currently my main, most intensive hobby

~ Writing/Reading

~ Theorizing the application of space-efficient hydroponic farming in an urban environment, and the development of efficient systems for water/solar energy harvesting to accompany it

~ Cooking

...And then Fish realized that she is an enormous nerd who needs to get out more.

• horse riding once a week (jumping lessons)
  • occasional longboarding
  • drawing xD mostly for school tho
  • 3D modelling, again for school BUT this time I get to do a personal project, very fun to work on
  • running with my dog once/twice a week (5km) + walking him for at least 30min every day
  • cooking a nice dessert from time to time for fun (or because I feel like eating that particular thing XD)
  • gaming (ps3 mostly)

Not much. I live and BREATHE furry. The only forays into other things would be watching cartoons, playing video games, drawing fanart for said non-furry stuff (can ferals really be called "non-furry"?), and occasionally going clubbing.

But even then basically like, all of my friends are furry trash, so all of those things are sort of moot considering I share them with my furry friends.

You're kidding. You've got to be.

Man, I haven't done any swimming in a long time, and I live in SoCal! Don't know how well my leg would hold up to it!

You live in SoCal and don't swim. That's a bummer. I have family in SoCal but can't afford to live there. I wish I could live near the ocean. I would swim in it everyday.

Last time I tried to swim with this rebuilt leg I got a constant tactile 'clicking' in my knee that got rather bothersome. That was 6 years ago, but also still relatively fresh from major surgery. I might fare better, now.

Also, SoCal isn't all THAT expensive. As always, location, location, location. $15/hr job and you can easily live in the Inland Empire.

I understand.

That's true, moving to a city in the IE is a possibility that I've thought about.

Various things I like to do, in no particular order:

• Flag spinning- It's my life omg, I'm part of the guard here at my uni, and I've been doing it for several years before. I can also spin rifle, sabre, airblade, etc, but mostly flag.
  • Singing and Dancing- I'm no good at either of them, but I love doing them all the same... Just not in public. Only with friends or if guard requires me too.
  • Reading- I love to read, especially slice of life and murder mysteries =w=
  • Playing music- Mostly clarinet and bassoon solo and chamber music, but I'd love to learn jazz one day...
  • Video games- I do that too, just not as much as I used too. Mostly I play for LP's that I've never finished.
  • Swimming- I'm part otter, what did you expect? ;3
  • Looking up weird stuff- Especially unsolved murders and mysteries
  • Drawing- It's fun, I rather like doing it but I prefer...
  • Pixel and sprite art- It's so much fun doing it! Mostly it's in Ace Attorney style, but I need to branch out. Gifs are fun :3c

Does eating count as a hobby? 

Edited by FenrirDarkWolf

• 3 weeks later...