What makes you a rage?

Zaraphayx

5 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

3. When I see someone offer a genuine plea for help or compassion or maybe just a friendly listener but they get told some version of "your problem isn't as bad as mine so you have no right to ever express fear, sadness or anxiety". This is one I see on forums all the time, and I can't even say I'm not guilty of being totally insensitive to some people's complaints but I can't stand seeing people be outright dicks to someone who legitimately feels bad about things going on in their life. If you absolutely can't sympathize with the person's issue, just don't say anything, stay out of it. You have no obligation whatsoever to participate in a conversation.

Oh yeah. That definitely pisses me off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamedog said:

My dad at any given moment in time

literally had to walk out of his house while I was visiting my sister

steaight up told him I can't be around him anymore, he's just too negative and toxic

just terrible

Feel the same way about my mom, she's morbidly obese, pre-diabetic and a super conservative christian. Just being near her has become a soul crushing experience. 

There gets to be that point where you know they can't ever change and it just fills you with this resigned sense of anger and despair. My heart goes out to you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Feel the same way about my mom, she's morbidly obese, pre-diabetic and a super conservative christian. Just being near her has become a soul crushing experience. 

There gets to be that point where you know they can't ever change and it just fills you with this resigned sense of anger and despair. My heart goes out to you.

Oh I'm way past that point. I haven't gotten along with my dad for a long time

• Like 1

When you go to ask a question and the person answers before you finish because they think they know what you're going to ask. So you try to ask again because you know they're not answering the correct question, but they do it again. Then you have to explicitly say "no listen, let me finish". I'm not sure if this is a common thing, but my parents do it a lot.

On 8/31/2016 at 3:00 AM, Red Lion said:

3. When I see someone offer a genuine plea for help or compassion or maybe just a friendly listener but they get told some version of "your problem isn't as bad as mine so you have no right to ever express fear, sadness or anxiety". This is one I see on forums all the time, and I can't even say I'm not guilty of being totally insensitive to some people's complaints but I can't stand seeing people be outright dicks to someone who legitimately feels bad about things going on in their life. If you absolutely can't sympathize with the person's issue, just don't say anything, stay out of it. You have no obligation whatsoever to participate in a conversation 

Oh god yes. Or the classic "there's children starving in Africa so you have no right to be depressed" trite.