People who actually take fast food home

Azure

I have to drive 30 minutes to get homes after work. Any time I pick up fast food it still tastes the same when I get there. The only exception is fries, they dry out on the drive home, so we don't usually buy them. Most food travels well, minus stuff like fries and crunchy taco shells, but things like pizza, nuggets, burritos, and noodles hold up just fine.

On 9/19/2016 at 9:08 AM, Socketosis said:

Microwaving fast food for a short period doesn't degrade it that much (IMO anyway), but if you put it on for too long, the buns get hard, the nuggets get incredibly chewy, and the fries just get terrible. However, I always eat in the parking lot unless someone brings it home

Exactly! Which is why anyone civilized eats their incredibly short shelf lifed food IN THE PARKING LOT! Ding ding ding! Because eating and driving is ridiculous and unsafe, and waiting even those 10 precious minutes to get home turns your burger into a cooled dense mass of grey flesh, the bread has become soggy or slightly hard, and the fries are unsalvageable the moment they grow even lukewarm, and no amount of reheating will make them even remotely palatable. The burger is more forgiving, but the if I'm paying upwards of 10 dollars for a lunch I want all the indicators to point to freshly made before I would be inclined to even fuck with it. Otherwise you may as well have just made a Ramen packet and sated your gluttony in salty sadness.

Edited by Azure
Needed to make it more inflammatory

The burgers are fine reheated but the fries have to be eaten new

2 hours ago, Azure said:

Exactly! Which is why anyone civilized eats their incredibly short shelf lifed food IN THE PARKING LOT! Ding ding ding! Because eating and driving is ridiculous and unsafe, and waiting even those 10 precious minutes to get home turns your burger into a cooled dense mass of grey flesh, the bread has become soggy or slightly hard, and the fries are unsalvageable the moment they grow even lukewarm, and no amount of reheating will make them even remotely palatable. The burger is more forgiving, but the if I'm paying upwards of 10 dollars for a lunch I want all the indicators to point to freshly made before I would be inclined to even fuck with it. Otherwise you may as well have just made a Ramen packet and sated your gluttony in salty sadness.

Do you live like 45 mins away from the nearest fast food restaurant?? I've literally never experienced that before

48 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

The burgers are fine reheated but the fries have to be eaten new

Do you live like 45 mins away from the nearest fast food restaurant?? I've literally never experienced that before

You've never experienced food get cold before you eat it? Most fast food meat patties and other sundry meat items ain't exactly a thick ass ribeye steak chunky piece of meat. They are flabby, sad little things pretty much to a one, wouldn't you agree? Now imagine, it's been off the grill for a good 10 minutes already, stuck inside of one of those warming drawers. You go through the drive through, place your order, and wait 5 minutes to pull up and pick it up, so now this is already 15 minutes of freshness that has been boiled away and you haven't even left the store yet. I've literally gotten cold food directly out of the drive through, and you're telling me it's warm and crispy fresh after your drive home when it probably came out the gate 15 minutes into its rapid decay cycle. Never in yo life? Neva eva eva? Nonsense. For the record I live a short walk from several fast food places, and I still eat there because how am I gonna get my money's worth in free refills? Shit ain't cheap, the average fast food meal could feed me well for the entire day. Lavishly even.

the only time in which i have fast food at home is whenever my parents bring home fast food for us to eat. we only have to microwave it for, like, a minute or so and it tastes just fine. we have pizza at home too, and my mom almost always doctors up some of the food ( noodles, pizza, etc ) and it tastes amazing.

otherwise, i like to eat on the way home. i don't have my driver's license ( nor i intend to anytime soon, due to my disorders ), so ... yeah. i don't care if people like to eat their fast food in the restaurant or at home. as long as it's eaten and it's edible, then i don't worry about it.