How do you think you will die

Snagged

A complication or some wacky incident related to gout. Most probably, my foot will be in too much pain for me to outrun whatever immediate threat does me in.

No, I didn't get it from drinking, and I'm not sure that bodes any better for me.  If you've never had it, imagine waking up one morning to discover someone broke a bone in your big toe while you slept; the pain is that sharp and intense when it flares up.

23 minutes ago, Sylver said:

I'll get hit by a red bus on the 24th of February 2042, 13:09(GMT+1) near Lancaster PI Street, London. The driver will be David Welsh, a 43 year old man. The weather will be slightly drizzly. On the side walk they will find a half empty pint of beer, 3 slices of pizza, and a bottle of drugs.

This raises more questions than it answers

• Is David the last person to actually drive a car on his own? 
  • What is the immediate irradiation level around you? 
  • Is the bus red red like a firetruck or more alongside a rose red? 
  • Is David actually Welsh or an Alien? 
  • Is the world nothing but a simulation? 
  • You at least had pizza, right? 
  • Did the pizza have pepperoni? 

There are urgent matters that need answering, oh great Oracle

Knowing me, I'll say just the wrong thing to the wrong person at the worst possible time.

Like that time I made a dead baby joke in the hospital and a couple had just had a stillborn. They say everyone can look back on bad things and laugh, and I did while running down the hospital hallway from a grieving would be father with a scalpel.

Good times. Can't wait to see what I'll do next. :3

• Like 1

My genes are a ticking time-bomb, around one corner there is heart disease and around another is Alzheimer's disease if I make it past that obstacle, I must keep my wits about me, time is racing towards me and I must beat genetics.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

I was told that I was born with a hole in my heart that lets all of the sadness in. Or some of the blood flow backwards, honestly I wasn't paying too much attention, but one of those can result in eventual heart failure or stroke. More likely a self inflicted injury from one of my projects, falling asleep at the wrong time, or cancer.

Whatever the case I intend for my death to be a major inconvenience and source of embarrassment for as many people as possible.

This thread reminds me that I really should throw a will together now that I have a few holdings. 

Make sure you don't strain too much when you have a poo. That can cause like insta-strokes for people with holes in their hearts

• Like 1

I think I'm going to recover, but today have severe amnesia and I think I nearly had an anuerysm.

I will straight up say I hope I don't die like this, although I still can't remember my name. In fact it's hard to remember whyI am typing this or who I am talking to

Might aswell send it

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Unless it's a sudden death, I plan to have a stockpile of powerful sedatives on hand, if I get a terminal illness, and decide when to go along the way. But I can't really say, how, exactly. 

Sorry to spoil it for you but to most, death comes in very unexpected moments. It's not like in movies where the hero gasps for air for good two minutes, realizing he will die and saying his last words. It's not that patient lying on hospital bed, writing their will to their closest one and then dying right after. Hell, you might even die by slipping in a shower and you would have never expected that

Hey looks like my brain isn't dying today. I'm starting to remember things... it just took a lot of shaking and trying not to have blood vessels in my brain rupture.

Seriously though dying is not a fun prospect, I'm sick and tired of having to deal with it on a weekly basis and putting my beloved through the stress of coming home to broken dreams. I can only hope it really does get better because I'm starting to get scared what with the mental trauma induced amnesia and sticking a loaded gun in my mouth... fuck all of that shit hope it doesn't return.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

Hey looks like my brain isn't dying today. I'm starting to remember things... it just took a lot of shaking and trying not to have blood vessels in my brain rupture.

Seriously though dying is not a fun prospect, I'm sick and tired of having to deal with it on a weekly basis and putting my beloved through the stress of coming home to broken dreams. I can only hope it really does get better because I'm starting to get scared what with the mental trauma induced amnesia and sticking a loaded gun in my mouth... fuck all of that shit hope it doesn't return.

You'll be fine, no worries. From what Ive heard youve got a lot of help from those who have helped you

Shit happens, its all good

• Like 1

Either being assassinated or by suicide.

Im looking to go big in the medical field, genetic engineering specifically. I already have research that people could see as a threat, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to kill me. Alternatively suicide I've made 4 attempts already all clearly failing. I don't plan on trying again for a while but I know if everything goes wrong my last attempt won't fail.

45 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

Either being assassinated or by suicide.

Im looking to go big in the medical field, genetic engineering specifically. I already have research that people could see as a threat, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to kill me. Alternatively suicide I've made 4 attempts already all clearly failing. I don't plan on trying again for a while but I know if everything goes wrong my last attempt won't fail.

I'm not sure how to interpret "could be seen as a threat". To whom? Corporations? The government?

I'm no expert on the subject, so be skeptical if following my advice. But if you're afraid about your research getting you killed and it's:

Good information - Then your best bet is to make an incredible amount of offsite backups, preferably in regions that won't bow down to the whims of other countries so easily. Even sending it to something like Wikileaks as a last resort wouldn't be a bad idea. Don't let your efforts and data go wasted.

Bad information - Invest some time in strongly encrypting your data using an algorithm that is really hard to break and brute force in a reasonable time frame. Be sure not to send it unencrypted over ANY medium, even services that advertise to use secured encrypted communication (The feds will and have demanded private keys to be handed over by server admins for investigations). You have to be really paranoid about this kind of stuff. I'd probably also shred all physical evidence if possible.

If you're worried about getting captured and having your data getting into the wrong hands, then you might want to see the Nazis' solution for that.

Aside from that, good luck.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

Sorry to spoil it for you but to most, death comes in very unexpected moments. It's not like in movies where the hero gasps for air for good two minutes, realizing he will die and saying his last words. It's not that patient lying on hospital bed, writing their will to their closest one and then dying right after. Hell, you might even die by slipping in a shower and you would have never expected that

Yep, that's the whole problem! But if I get, say, cancer, I do wanna have the means handy to call it quits when I feel the time is right, and not drag things out too long.

But chances are I'll die some dumb way, like being hit by a falling anvil, in a cartoon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Socketosis said:

I'm not sure how to interpret "could be seen as a threat". To whom? Corporations? The government?

I'm no expert on the subject, so be cautious with following my advice. But if you're afraid about your research getting you killed and it's:

Good information - Then your best bet is to make an incredible amount of offsite backups, preferably in regions that won't bow down to the whims of other countries so easily. Even sending it to something like Wikileaks as a last resort wouldn't be a bad idea. Don't let your efforts and data go wasted.

Bad information - Invest some time in strongly encrypting your data using an algorithm that is really hard to break and brute force in a reasonable time frame. Be sure not to send it unencrypted over ANY medium, even services that advertise to use secured encrypted communication (The feds will and have demanded private keys to be handed over by the server admins). You have to be really paranoid about this kind of stuff. I'd probably also shred all physical evidence if possible.

If you're worried about getting captured and having your data getting into the wrong hands, then you might want to see the Nazis' solution for that.

Aside from that, good luck.

Most people are scared of genetic engineering because it is unnatural. If you don't find it scary then you already probably know why it isn't. People thought genetic engineers "Play God". They don't realize how complex and difficult it is to actually do anything. People don't realize genetic engineering is the only thing keeping a worldwide famine away. I'm currently trying to work using a new tech called CRISPR. At the moment, this needs as much attention as possible. CRISPR actually allows genetic engineers to "Play God" but it is still difficult to make progress. Current genetic engineering is being used for more efficient plants, animals, and helping stop disease. CRISPR could potentially (with enough funding) allow pigs to be harvested for organs in people, use the Turritopsis dohrnii genes to possibly stop aging, and make people invisible to viruses. The last part "making people  invisible to viruses" could be turned into "Only my country has the ability to stop the worlds deadliest bio weapon" but that's a whole separate story that I'm not even sure if I should talk about openly. 

I plan to be working into human gene modification, especially the Turritopsis dohrnii genes if it's possible. My plan is to find a way to stop death by old age. To do that? Simple! Replace damaged genes in live cells to grow again. If I figure it out I just might have the worlds largest bounty on my head if it goes public. Good thing I like excessive security. If im covered with maximum security at all times I might never die. I'm sure along the way I'll create a creature that mixes human and animal genes to create an anthro because I am an insane furry, and I'm dead serious about all of this too.

Anyways that was a bit off topic please keep going with the thoughts on how we will die.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johanna Waya said:

@Glowing Glass

Just be careful, you can accidentally create a lot of suffering if you modify something and it doesn't feel right.

Take it from a tranny with the occasional DiD and probably borderline personality disorder..... people take what it means to have yourself at your back for granted.

There are a lot of things I wish I was allowed to tell you even if I knew you would keep it secret. I know exactly what I'm signing up for when I do this. It makes me sad knowing the answer to so many people's problems without being allowed to help them.

3 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

There are a lot of things I wish I was allowed to tell you even if I knew you would keep it secret. I know exactly what I'm signing up for when I do this. It makes me sad knowing the answer to so many people's problems without being allowed to help them.

I do hope you are in a place to do good things just... some advice. I know a particular healer that specializes in helping people who have been abused in a hypnotic context, something I genuinly believe would never do anything to hurt a hair on someon's head.....

Someone accused them of pedophillia when their interests ran adverse to theirs and under investigation it appears that one of the accusers family had actually been a fucking pedophile.

My friend? The one that is the closest fucking thing to a saint? They pinned it on her, probably because she is trans like me by doing so fucked up her life forever.

The point is what you worry about, assasination, it is not the thing you should be worried about. The easiest way one could have is to silence you by discrediting you, and it is something that is damned hard to defend against because if there is even a hint of a skeleton in your closet they will find a way to turn you into the next incarnation of hitler to the people you are trying to help.

God damn I wish I could be in a position like you to actually have the chance to do some good, but I've come to accept in my life I will only be able to help a few people - and the methods with which I help them with I will unfortunatly take to the grave because those of us who hypnotise and study the human mind to help others will always carry a black mark just because we may have learned the skills we use to try to heal from a fucking fetish.

Just do some good man, the best thing I think would be find a set of genetic disorders that wpuld render a biologically smilar being to a human such as a pig without any conscious (kept alive by medical devices) mind so that you can have the medical advances without the moral quandry... I mean having dna replicated cells micromanage the growth of organs certainly sounds easier than doing it yourself.

3 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

2016-08-30-20-32-29-1769042065.jpg

I will need epic last words like this guy

1 hour ago, Glowing Glass said:

-snips-

That sounds awesome and almost unreal, good thing nobody trusts anything on the internet just in case its dangerous or something for you to admit

Anyways, hope that actually does help people rather than harm, good luck

4 hours ago, ZorroValdez said:

I like to play this game in traffic intersections where I try to narrowly dodge passing vehicles.

It will be a glorious death, and messy.

I actually know a man who does not look both ways when he crosses the road, claiming that he believes the good will of motorists will protect him and that he wouldn't mind dying anyway.

I tried to impress upon him that being hit by a car was more likely to result in a debilitating and sufferous injury than death, but he didn't change his behaviour.

I used to not hope to live to old age, heck I used to think that if I got too old I would jump out of a plane without a parachute for the sheer excitement of it. But alas, thats not my dream anymore. If I get old I at least want to be a huge troll of an old person and pretend to be senile and aloof to get what I want, only to be super smart and still have my wits in secret. Id troll the granddkids really hard by being myself and then playing up the senile gambit around the parents and confuse the shit out of people

• Like 1

Possibly pancreatic cancer (as that runs in my family), a fatal collapse of one of my lungs (as I have a condition that makes this a possibility, though it is incredibly unlikely), or suicide.

More likely something random like  a car crash or some disease out of nowhere. Hell, I was just in the hospital for what was at first though to be a viral or bacterial infection, but it cleared up way to fast to have likely been either, so they are still unsure what caused the fever and elevated white blood cell count, though they are still running tests.

20 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

Most people are scared of genetic engineering because it is unnatural. If you don't find it scary then you already probably know why it isn't. People thought genetic engineers "Play God". They don't realize how complex and difficult it is to actually do anything. People don't realize genetic engineering is the only thing keeping a worldwide famine away. I'm currently trying to work using a new tech called CRISPR. At the moment, this needs as much attention as possible. CRISPR actually allows genetic engineers to "Play God" but it is still difficult to make progress. Current genetic engineering is being used for more efficient plants, animals, and helping stop disease. CRISPR could potentially (with enough funding) allow pigs to be harvested for organs in people, use the Turritopsis dohrnii genes to possibly stop aging, and make people invisible to viruses. The last part "making people  invisible to viruses" could be turned into "Only my country has the ability to stop the worlds deadliest bio weapon" but that's a whole separate story that I'm not even sure if I should talk about openly. 

I plan to be working into human gene modification, especially the Turritopsis dohrnii genes if it's possible. My plan is to find a way to stop death by old age. To do that? Simple! Replace damaged genes in live cells to grow again. If I figure it out I just might have the worlds largest bounty on my head if it goes public. Good thing I like excessive security. If im covered with maximum security at all times I might never die. I'm sure along the way I'll create a creature that mixes human and animal genes to create an anthro because I am an insane furry, and I'm dead serious about all of this too.

Anyways that was a bit off topic please keep going with the thoughts on how we will die.

I was recently reading an article about CRISPR, it seems to be a huge advance for the precision of genetic engineering. The article mainly focused on researchers who were working with CRISPR to make various species of mosquitoes incapable of carrying diseases like the West Nile Virus and Zika, but also the possibilities of eliminating hereditary diseases in humans and increasing the shelf life of vegetables up to three times their current amount.

But yeah, when it comes to working with humans and food, people can get really insane about those topics, especially religious fundamentalists and conspiracy theorists, both of which can certainly present significant physical threats. Even relatively normal people seem afraid of it because of all the fear mongering around genetic engineering, with the whole "Non GMO Project" thing I have been seeing on a huge amount of produce and other products.Beyond that, government can also be a barrier, as those irrationally afraid can heavily influence the government's stance on all kinds of genetic engineering, even those that could only have positive results like the elimination of diseases carried by mosquitoes (I think the US still bans many forms of genetic engineering, doesn't it?).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Osrik said:

Possibly pancreatic cancer (as that runs in my family), a fatal collapse of one of my lungs (as I have a condition that makes this a possibility, though it is incredibly unlikely), or suicide.

More likely something random like  a car crash or some disease out of nowhere. Hell, I was just in the hospital for what was at first though to be a viral or bacterial infection, but it cleared up way to fast to have likely been either, so they are still unsure what caused the fever and elevated white blood cell count, though they are still running tests.

I was recently reading an article about CRISPR, it seems to be a huge advance for the precision of genetic engineering. The article mainly focused on researchers who were working with CRISPR to make various species of mosquitoes incapable of carrying diseases like the West Nile Virus and Zika, but also the possibilities of eliminating hereditary diseases in humans and increasing the shelf life of vegetables up to three times their current amount.

But yeah, when it comes to working with humans and food, people can get really insane about those topics, especially religious fundamentalists and conspiracy theorists, both of which can certainly present significant physical threats. Even relatively normal people seem afraid of it because of all the fear mongering around genetic engineering, with the whole "Non GMO Project" thing I have been seeing on a huge amount of produce and other products.Beyond that, government can also be a barrier, as those irrationally afraid can heavily influence the government's stance on all kinds of genetic engineering, even those that could only have positive results like the elimination of diseases carried by mosquitoes (I think the US still bans many forms of genetic engineering, doesn't it?).

The USA has been using GMO food for decades, and none of the scaremonger's claims about ill affects have manifested. The same technologies are forbidden in much of the EU; Europe is far behind.

• Like 2