Drug Encouragement Thread

Cingal

4 minutes ago, PurpleTail said:

I mean for a far left there has to be a far right, otherwise the whole system would collapse, if that makes any sense.

Were that the case then none of us would be here as matter would have completely annihilated with antimatter in the early universe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PurpleTail said:

idk this is strange. Hmm but if there are people who are constantly depressed then there must be people who are constantly happy no matter what's happening around. Are you aware of a such condition?

you are citing the kind of faux hegelian philosophy that they based an entire episode of Xavier Renegade Angel around

But also Clinical Depression / Major Depressive Disorder isn't "always feeling sad", it's a state of constant apathy where it becomes impossible to care about things. Depression stems from degredation of the frontal area in the brain, responsible for motivation and self rewarding behaviors. (This part of the brain degrades from prolonged exposure to cortisol, the stress hormone, which is why prolonged stress directly contributes to depression)

you can find the opposite in most any other mental disorder that's classified as "feeling too much", bipolar, most if not all the personality disorders, ptsd and anxiety, etc etc

but I feel the need to stress here that there's no fucking spiritually upheld balance as far as the nature of mental illness is concerned. Mother Nature isn't taking and giving "amount of feeling" in equal parts lmao

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Azure said:

This is of course a personal story, naturally it wouldn't work for everyone, nor do I advocate such. And believe me I went through a whole dictionary of pills, they were all jokes. I truly wonder how many of them were even real. Also bear in mind that this was a period of time where Healthcare wasn't so much for the child but the parents peace of mind. Many of the motifs use in the advertising were always about noisy kids being too loud how dare they must not be doing there homework here mom shove these in their face and they'll calm right down except Ritalin is fucking METH with a slight chemical difference. Pardon my distrust of most psychiatric practitioners, I was force fed amphetamines lite for years against my will.

I was mostly just commenting on the "garbage" and "placebo" descriptions that you used.

Again, it's unfortunate that your experiences didn't help you. But that does not mean that it applies to everyone.
Hell, substances like alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, and other drugs can alter our perceptions all the same. There's no reason that prescriptions can't do that.

I won't deny that shit is often over-prescribed as an easy out, though.
But sometimes people do need legitimate medication-based help.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

It's called mania, and people who experience it can feel either persistent euphoria or inexplicable constant unjustified anger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mania

Mania isn't just characterized by "happiness" and "anger."
It's a general heightened state of everything.

If depression slows you down, mania is basically being on speed.
You get happy. You get pissed. You get paranoid.
You can't sleep. You hallucinate.
You do reckless shit in a haze that your brain is too slow to catch up with.

And before anything is said, this isn't just directed at this comment. It's a general explanation because I deal with this shit.
Mania, at times, is just as bad if not worse than depression.

Too much of anything for the brain is a bad thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PurpleTail said:

I don't think any book could explain to me what's is like to be mentally ill. It's like explaining a born blind person what sights is. You just have to experience it yourself.

I mean for a far left there has to be a far right, otherwise the whole system would collapse, if that makes any sense.

This doesn't mean there has to be complimentary and opposite medical conditions though.

20 minutes ago, Vae said:

I was mostly just commenting on the "garbage" and "placebo" descriptions that you used.

Again, it's unfortunate that your experiences didn't help you. But that does not mean that it applies to everyone.
Hell, substances like alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, and other drugs can alter our perceptions all the same. There's no reason that prescriptions can't do that.

I won't deny that shit is often over-prescribed as an easy out, though.
But sometimes people do need legitimate medication-based help.

Mania isn't just characterized by "happiness" and "anger."
It's a general heightened state of everything.

If depression slows you down, mania is basically being on speed.
You get happy. You get pissed. You get paranoid.
You can't sleep. You hallucinate.
You do reckless shit in a haze that your brain is too slow to catch up with.

And before anything is said, this isn't just directed at this comment. It's a general explanation because I deal with this shit.
Mania, at times, is just as bad if not worse than depression.

Too much of anything for the brain is a bad thing.

I suppose 'Manic' is probably the most concise description...if a little tautological.

@PurpleTail

You have seriously never lost a friend to suicide or depression, or known someone that was just messed up due to their demons at all? That blows my mind...... just damn.

Look, I would go out and reach out to people who suffer from these things, because they need help and having an image in your mind that precludes reality within it's entirety just means you'll be ignorant to these things and it could cost you someone you love.

Maybe I'm just baised as someone who has had friends suffer through depression, alchohol abuse, and just about everything else from my childhood onward..... but I still think it is pretty damn common, considering my dad has had issues, my mom has had issues, my sis has had issues, I have had issues, lost a distant cousin around the time I was being born due to suicide, my aunt just lost a niece due to suicide, my best friend lived in utter poverty and got to watch his grandfather die, I have some friends that swear without me being there they wouldn't be there at all... point is depression and other mental illnesses strike nearly everyone at some point in their lives either directly or through the loss of someon they love.

2 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

@PurpleTail

You have seriously never lost a friend to suicide or depression, or known someone that was just messed up due to their demons at all? That blows my mind...... just damn.

Look, I would go out and reach out to people who suffer from these things, because they need help and having an image in your mind that precludes reality within it's entirety just means you'll be ignorant to these things and it could cost you someone you love.

Maybe I'm just baised as someone who has had friends suffer through depression, alchohol abuse, and just about everything else from my childhood onward..... but I still think it is pretty damn common, considering my dad has had issues, my mom has had issues, my sis has had issues, I have had issues, lost a distant cousin around the time I was being born due to suicide, my aunt just lost a niece due to suicide, my best friend lived in utter poverty and got to watch his grandfather die, I have some friends that swear without me being there they wouldn't be there at all... point is depression and other mental illnesses strike nearly everyone at some point in their lives either directly or through the loss of someon they love.

...I mean, I really hope most people haven't?

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

...I mean, I really hope most people haven't?

I don't think I know people that haven't.

Maybe a few of my coworkers that i don't know well, but..... otherwise pretty much everybody I know has their demons and it's probably because I don't mingle with rich people that havent had to worry about the things we have.

3 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

@PurpleTail

That sounds... terrible

It could be a mental illness that runs in the family that you don't know about. Suicide is fairly common and I know what its like having depression and wanting to do it. It's even rarer actually attempting it and being successful. That many suicides in one family is far past anything I've seen. It couldn't possibly normal (considering suicide or suicidal thoughts are normal). I couldn't image something like that happening to me.

8 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

@PurpleTail

I simply haven't. Everyone I know is doing just fine, of course they have some problems, who doesn't, but it's nothing as bad as your experience.

Does weed count?

Other than that, I tried acid once and freaked out to the point where I thought I was staring into the abyss with eldritch monsters trying to teach me the dewy decimal system.

At that point, I realized my dream of becoming a librarian. :V

It wasn't anything entertaining as that. My brain just manifested images of my irrational fear, and I cowered in an abandoned house singing Deep Water. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Azure said:

Ritalin is fucking METH with a slight chemical difference.

Actually, Ritalin is speed based. Yes many parents just don't want to deal with the hard work of discipline, and drugging their kids instead. It's these parents who make the legit cases look bad, and the parents who try really hard to do the right thing get ridiculed. 

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

Does weed count?

Other than that, I tried acid once and freaked out to the point where I thought I was staring into the abyss with eldritch monsters trying to teach me the dewy decimal system.

At that point, I realized my dream of becoming a librarian. :V

It wasn't anything entertaining as that. My brain just manifested images of my irrational fear, and I cowered in an abandoned house singing Deep Water. 

Yeah I've only been on one 'trip' in my life and that was the product of massive amounts of sleep-deprivation and adderall.

I remember freaking out on the forum while it has happening, and man that shit was terrible. Fucking bugs crawling on the walls, a shower that seemingly lasted 10 hours and all sorts of awful shit.

6 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Meth is not a seperate drug, Meth is general term for all stimulants - for example ICE. Just saying "Meth" means nothing. Its needs to be narrowed down. Speed is what it is based on.

Says the person who just separated speed as it's own.

"Speed" is a street name for methamphetamines. No matter what you call it, it's still C10H15N.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Yeah I've only been on one 'trip' in my life and that was the product of massive amounts of sleep-deprivation and adderall.

I remember freaking out on the forum while it has happening, and man that shit was terrible. Fucking bugs crawling on the walls, a shower that seemingly lasted 10 hours and all sorts of awful shit.

That's what is called a "bad trip."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 6tails said:

Casual.

Toshabis posts needed to get a like injection is far less than you Mr. 6tails nine-thousand. The less posting work needed, the better the high. Get on the Toshabi level and get your likes for less by making funny posts about penis and making fun of people's teenage problems!

23 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Says the person who just separated speed as it's own.

"Speed" is a street name for methamphetamines. No matter what you call it, it's still C10H15N.

LOL and there are different types of methamphetamines. Yes Speed is a street name, ICE is a street name, cocaine all that jazz. However, regardless of street names or letter codes, each is slightly different. All come under methamphetamines 

3 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

LOL and there are different types of methamphetamines. Yes Speed is a street name, ICE is a street name, cocaine all that jazz. However, regardless of street names or letter codes, each is slightly different. All come under methamphetamines 

"Coke" is a separate drug.

In terms of drug use, the closest I get these days is pot. Yeah I know it's the soft shit but I've managed to get some interesting cocktail effects out it that has bowled me for a six. Actually, I don't know how people can stand smoking that crap every day; it's got to screw with you long term, eventually...   

I'm a Ritalin user (prescribed), so is my son. Severe ADD/ADHD runs in my family, on my fathers side (the bastard). Anyways, if you use them the way they are intended to be used, then you'll be fine. It's just like any medication, over use it and you'll get plastered, and messed up.